Seething Shore is much worse than Strand of the Ancients

Change my mind.

14 Likes

Nobody can, we should just not have both.

3 Likes

SS punishes the players who zerg nodes and don’t know the map is bind to M.

SS punishes players just by existing.

3 Likes

As its been in game for over two years now and you can still boat glitch/exploit, yes it is worse

1 Like

Seething Shore is garbage. Half the players just run around the map mining the other half try to fight. You constantly have people landing on you and the map design itself is all over the place. It’s easily the worst battleground in the game atm. Also as others have said the crappy bg has been in the game for 2 years and they still haven’t fixed the boat bug where you can sit on the spawn boat and hit people anywhere on the map.

1 Like

SS is bad but its not vehicles bad

/agreed

I never actually minded SotA. I hate SS.

I enjoyed strands of the ancients. Never understood why people hated it.

1 Like

I was fine with SS at first, now its just not a fun one to play if I ever queue normal BGs.

I guess I’m in the (vocal?) minority that actually really likes SS. Granted, I don’t do many RBGs, but when doing randoms there’s a pretty clear way to win: avoid the zugzug. I’d say like 75% of people just zugzug on one node for 10 minutes that nobody ends up capturing. If you just peel away from that, you can grab so many points for just running around.

SotA was just god awful. Vehicle combat shouldn’t be a part of WoW pvp. It was a Wrath gimmick that they tried to push too much.

3 Likes

I liked Strand of the Ancients for the simple fact there’s no NPC yelling at me all time. SS is basically the Nazjatar of bg’s

Guess what pal, they were never on the boat.
/reload

Easy all vehicle BGs are trash and get in the way of actual PvP. Not there to use gun turrets or sieges I’m there to PvP. Glad strand was removed.

Seething shore is one of the best BGs from a PvP perspective as it requires a higher awareness and each player has a far greater impact on the outcome. Do you mindlessly zerg or actually try to cap and spin/float to newly spawned nodes.

Seething shore is a great map if you like team fights and maps where PvP awareness is required. Overall it’s one of the better PvP maps currently where good players make a difference.

2 Likes

bliz takes a LONG time to retire unpopular maps

they basically keep telling themself for years that ‘some people like it’

Seething shore isn’t unpopular though… Strands of Ancients was the most hated BG in history.

could be, i think a lot of people are neutral towards it but a lotta people hate it

agree that strand was much worse

I liked strand of the ancients. I don’t like seething shore. I’m with you Reddott.

2 Likes

seething shore more like seething melee dps lmao
seething shore is fine though but it would be nice to also have the strand of the ancients back since the level squish that occurred