Seething Shore Bug/Cheat

How can alliance DPS people on the ground from their airship? I’ve had two in a row with this happen. 1st a Boomkin was casting from the ship and then next match a SPriest was doing the same.

Anybody else seeing this?

7 Likes

I’ve heard of this but not seen it. You can cast instant spells once you’re in range on a parachute.

I too have been melted by a druid from the ship haha.

It’s a graphical bug. Just /reload

Having to /reload in PVP :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Had a hunter shooting at me today from the ship and his pet was on the ground biting me. Wtf bliz?

2 Likes

woudnt that be out of range ?
40 ish yards max for a spell give or take sprinting / blink.
probably a display bug and not actually out of range.

In this bg there were 4 hunters on alliance side. I knew which hunter had his pet on me by the name. When I targeted the hunter he was up on the ship shooting at me. I killed his pet and had to use all my cds to live.

This is footage taken 8/8/19 of the issue on Seething Shore with a /reload and a melee dpser hitting me…

11 Likes

Thanks for finally recording this!

2 Likes

How long did this go on? Did he ever quit or be removed from the bg? Did you all report him?

The entire enemy team started doing it…we won just as I recorded my last minute of game play.

Send this footage to hacks@blizzard.com
The player is knowingly exploiting, and with this footage it may lead to disciplinary action to his account :+1:

3 Likes

Might not be knowingly. Someone above suggested reloading to fix it, but OP said it didn’t work. There is a chance that this is a graphical bug. Still worth reporting to there though.

I wonder, OP, could you attack them back with ranged attacks or no?

1 Like

Check the video at the 22 second mark, left side of the screen.
Shaman is casting and it’s all going up to the ship.
Not sure what the implication of this is, though.

Nope, they are out of range when on the ship.

1 Like

The implication COULD be that the shaman saw the players on the ground properly, while OP only saw them on the ship, possibly running in place.

If that is the case, its not intentional exploitation.

Now I don’t know what to believe! I’ve personally never witnissed this exploit, but I’ve heard many reports of it happening in my communities. I just afk out of Seething Shore unless there are a lot of twinks to fight.

Yea, it is a strange one. I did tweet them with my image:

https://twitter.com/brown4478/status/1159146580408184832 if anyone wants to add to it.

When I witnessed it, I was being spammed death coil and diseased by an unh dk while I couldn’t hit them back with a judgement.

Both have 30 yd range unless I am misunderstanding something.

1 Like

Same DK as in my pic?