Seems like the Undead have a choice in the matter

Failure isn’t forsaking.
The whole thing seems to imply Tyrande and Elune have some kind of active malice that makes them let others suffer when they could make them not suffer, but that clearly isn’t the case.

Sira seems to expect a giant, glowing hand to come down from the sky to block demolisher shots aimed at Teldrassil, and then flick Sylvanas all the way back to the Undercity, and Elune’s failure of divine intervention on such a scale is evidence of her malevolence, and Tyrande, as her High Priestess, is an extension of that. I’m not saying she’s wrong for being this misguided, but it certainly comes across as childish at best, or a thinly-veiled excuse while under the val’kyrs’ control at worst.

Instead of pointing her hate at the one perpetrating this evil and suffering, she aims it at the ones who she thinks could have done more, but didn’t.

Are they blaming them for their malice, or their incompetence? My read was the latter.

Basically. And because they failed, they’re being blamed for it by the likes of Sira and Delaryn.

“It’s your fault our people were killed. Now the only solution is to join the ones that killed me and kill the rest of my people.” There’s not logic there. Just blind emotion, conveniently aimed away from anyone actually responsible.

It’d be akin to having half your family killed in a gang drive-by, and then joining that gang to kill the rest of your family, just to show the cops how much you hate how they failed at protecting your family.

“If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?”

Obviously some (probably most) of the Kaldorei wouldn’t want to. And that’s why some of them reject of the offer.

But some don’t, and why is that? Maybe because they don’t have anything else but duty, devotion, and loyalty to their leaders. But if their duty is brought to an end because the god they devoted themselves to and the leaders they trusted failed them, what else is there to do?

And maybe they’re wrong to do that and they’ll regret accepting the offer. That’s up to them, isn’t it?

Take their place in the heavens in the night sky for living a dutiful life, knowing that the Goddess, for all her power, is not truly omnipotent and to expect otherwise is inviting sorrow into a house where contentment should live.
Or get mad and become a vengeful, hate-filled reflection of what they once were, abandoning all that they ever loved and cared about in an undying pursuit against vengeance that will never truly be sated, as they cannot kill a god. Or can they?
Cue increasingly comic-bookish storylines where Sira finds a way to get to Elune and destroy her with some sort of Infinity-Gauntlet-esque MacGuffin.

And yes, I am just rambling for the sake of rambling at this point, as most everything that can be said has already been said in this thread between you and another player.

Death probably does some funny things to one’s psyche.

Except that Anduin’s talking about the Forsaken specifically and Anduin even refers to him as one. Sometimes my online copies are weird, so I couldn’t quote the entire thing.

"I had seen Forsaken before now, he said. “And I was aware that they - you - were not mindless, raving Scourge. I also never thoguht you were inherently evil.”
“But you thought us capable of doing evil things,” Faol said. "Don’t worry about that. That’s nothing more than being observant. I’ll be the first to admit the Forsaken have done terrible things.

I think it would be fair to say that dying and then being reanimated are both very traumatic to ones psyche.

1 Like

Right, right, I remember where my confusion came from.

He is referred to as a Forsaken, but he reiterates that he is not a member of the Horde.

You can be undead and not be part of the Horde, like Leonid Bartholomew and Meryl Felstorm, but I don’t think you can consider yourself part of the Forsaken without also considering yourself part of the Horde.

It’s important to remember that ‘Forsaken’ is a faction. It’s possible this was an error on Golden’s part, unclear dialogue, a lack of knowledge on Anduin’s part as a character, or something else.

I personally lean toward the Forsaken faction couched entirely in the Horde.

1 Like