[Seeking Volunteers] 2025 Night Elf Roleplay Guide Project

Ishnu’alah fellow lore fans,

I am reaching out on the story forums because I have begun building the 2025 Night Elf RP Guide Project, to update the long-standing night elf roleplay guide that has been maintained for over a decade. I created a Discord server dedicated to the project, where volunteers will work together to seek out and compile night elf lore citations and information from the Season of Discovery (Classic WoW), Novels (out-of-game resources), and Legion-War Within (Retail). If you are someone who is deeply dedicated to learning about night elf lore, and are passionate about contributing to the wider RP community, please consider volunteering for this project by reaching out to me on Discord (Feyawen is my handle).

Project Overview:

• Objective: Update the Night Elf Roleplay Guide to include the latest lore and information.
  • Timeline: We aim to complete this project by May 2025.
  • Method: We will divide the work into teams, each focusing on a specific expansion (and one novel team). Together, we’ll comb through quests, books, comics, and other resources to compile accurate and detailed citations relevant to Night Elf lore.

At this time I’m actively seeking Team Leads as a priority - but all volunteers (researchers, editors, contributors -etc) are welcome to let me know if you’d be interested in joining the project!

Current Teams

Classic WoW & Novels

Season of Discovery Novel Team
Team Lead: TBD Team Lead: TBD
Researchers: Celiwin Researchers: Ashtarel
Editors: TBD Editors: TBD

Retail WoW Legion - War Within

Legion BFA SL DF War Within
Team Lead: Runa Team Lead: Shaedreth Team Lead: Cieraden Team Lead: TBD Team Lead: Nord
Researchers: Auglath, Kel, Oraeria, Ashtarel Researchers: Tarinne Researchers: Cieraden, Faldrias Researchers: TBD Researchers: TBD
Editors: TBD Editors: TBD Editors: TBD Editors: TBD Editors: TBD

Project Roles & Their Purpose

To ensure our project runs smoothly, I have defined specific roles for team members. Here’s an overview of each role and its purpose:

I. Project Lead

• Purpose: Oversee the entire project, manage teams, and ensure deadlines are met. Responsible for coordinating efforts and maintaining overall vision and direction. Also responsible for fact-checking and approving all project content and edits.

II. Team Lead

• Purpose: Manage a specific expansion/lore team, coordinate research efforts, and ensure team members stay on track. Act as the main point of contact for their respective team. Also responsible for fact-checking and approving all team-specific content and edits.

III. Researcher

• Purpose: Dive into in-game content, books, comics, and other resources to compile relevant citations. Responsible for gathering and verifying accurate lore information.

IV. Editor

• Purpose: Review and edit the compiled information for accuracy, consistency, and clarity. Ensure the final content is polished and ready for publication.

V. Contributor

• Purpose: Provide additional insights, lore knowledge, and support to the researchers. Assist with any tasks that require extra hands or expertise.

If you are interested in joining the project, I request that you evaluate how much time you’re willing and able to commit to this project. Because we are aiming to complete this project by May 2025 it will require a heavy time commitment; teams will be combing through -all- novels, gameplay lore and Q&A details for Season of Discovery, published novels from 2015 to the present, as well as content from the Legion expansion through the War Within.

If you are interested in joining this project, please send me a DM on Discord (handle: Feyawen), telling me about your interest in it! Please reply to this thread with any questions.

Thank you,
Feyawen

7 Likes

Giving this a bump!

I myself and a few others are on the Season of Discovery team! We’d love to have another (or a couple) who’d also like to join us!!

So excited to see this happening <3

Good fortune to you all!

1 Like

As of August 1st, we have begun this project. We are still seeking Team-Leads for Dragonflight, Seasons of Discovery, and the Novels. We are still seeking other volunteers to assist with research, editing, and contributions. If you are interested in assisting with this project!

1 Like

Giving this another wee bump as we are still looking for Team-Leads for SoD and the Novels!!

Additional assistance for editing and research would also be most appreciated!

I’d be interested, but not in helping to make a group or a document that gatekeeps how people MUST or even SHOULD play their characters… it’s their 15 a month after all.

I would however freely suggest that people might want to look up this book, it’s a decade out of print but still available as a PDF.

Eldest Sons: the Essential Guide to Elves by Paradigm Press It’s available on drivethrupdf. It’s a pretty decent value at ten bucks and it’s a primer for thinking outside the Tolkien/D&D straightjackets.

:+1: Thanks so much for this relative feedback for the [Seeking Volunteers] 2025 Kaldorei Roleplay Guide Project forum post!

1 Like

Would love to get more keen elven eyes on this project! (: please don’t hesitate to reach out folks! We don’t bite… much.