Seeing mobs as Skulls when they are not after last patch

There is an issue where mobs that should not be a skull to me are appearing as skulls. I’ve tried disabling all addons and clearing cache. Nothing works. Other guildies are having the same issue and are unable to resolve it. Anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

Which mobs?

1 Like

All mobs that should be red is my guess. I see orange and then skull.

1 Like

I’m sorry that I can’t directly reference them at the moment, but I’ve seen several screenshots and reports of mobs actually being the wrong (read: much higher than they should be) level in Classic Era after the most recent sod patch infected it.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm other players in my guild are having the same issue.

1 Like

Im wondering if they have simply added that icon to the “red level” mobs to signify danger, and that its not a mistake.

1 Like

Yes. It’s really annoying. Likewise I suspected addons etc but still happens with no addons.

1 Like

Yep. I have seen mobs that have skulls and shouldn’t.

1 Like

If this is the case then they need to reverse it. Its incredibly annoying.

1 Like

Yeah, my family and I are getting the same issue. It’s weird, too… like, something that’s only 4 levels than me is a skull (level 36 fighting Colonel Kurzen, for example), while something that’s 5 levels higher than me has a level… something is way off here.

1 Like

Noticed it today on my hc toon and yeah…was paniced at first when I saw it but then wasn’t getting hit much harder than a normal mob and realized something was definitely busted lol. Definitely something quirky going on with the skulls.

Please take note of which mobs, there was level 60 mobs in desolace killing hardcore toons in the 32-35 quest area, so there is a chance more mobs have either snuck through, or something about them is off. Include any mobs you find in a bug report in game or on the forums.

2 Likes

Looks like they do see the issue or acknowledged it in a blue post, just found it while I was browsing around lol.

Right now anything +5 I think. Level 21 now and I think it’s 26’s that are Skulls.

level 27 has level 31 as skull right now

1 Like

So anything +4, ok. Maybe I was a little intoxicated when writing, however close and not authentic, tho is practical since I can’t reliable land much in terms of frost or fire or arc VS +4 right now due to my lack of gear.

On a lvl 55 Horde toon, lvls 59-60 appear as skulls for their level. This is on normal, in game mobs, as well and players on Alliance faction. Just 4 levels higher, it shows a skull rather than level number. I had a lvl 60 with me, that could verify the level of 59 and 60. This was in Classic Vanilla WoW.

No its a SoD bug.

I think they meant normal to mean non-elite

Ah, yeah… did not think of it that way.