Seeing balance patches after everyone stopped playing

Considering corruption acquisition was up to lady luck gracing you with her presence at the time, I’d point the finger at the devs for the most part.

1 Like

But if Ev, GW, haste amp, surging, vers amp, if, stars, slappers, tendies or td were all gonna be viable, was it really a problem?

EV and Stars were a way bigger problem in PvE then, so you know the biggest reason it was nerfed.

But Ion revealed in interviews that they were ALWAYS going to have different qualities/impact per corruption. He referred to it as a hierarchy of corruptions or something.

The idea was that infinite stars was SUPPOSED to be better than all the rest.

They were easy to get. Pre-nerf stars would be pretty comparable with the scaling corruptions now. That is my point. We knee jerked.

On pure ST, like shad? Absolutely it should be the clear best. Because on HM its clearly the worst option. Thats rock/ paper/ scissors.

Corruption wasn’t balanced then and it isn’t balanced now. I don’t think it was that much of a knee jerk reaction, honestly.

I remember that one video where it shows an Infinite Stars one shot at 100% HP and another guy dying at 100% due to triple tendies proc in like 3s. I think the outrage was justified to a degree.

From the prot pally running 300 or so corruption? That got hotfixed already? Cheese like that has always existed.

Was that the ret wth smexxin against pika? Where they watched 3 different tendies full channel on him for 8 seconds and no one targeted them?

I don’t discount that. They should have reduced the dmg corruption does in pvp, and un-nerfed some of the other sources of dmg a long time ago. No idea why my warrior sims at 120k, but does 35-40k dps in 2s against warlocks that just stand there.

No, it was very early on.

This is exactly is, they’ve done this with every system in bfa.

First making Azerite drop from 1 or 2 sources before adding emissaries.

Then adding additional rings to Azerite.

Then azerite vendor

Then essence vendor

Then corruption vendor.

Its actually immoral at this point

Each system had extreme grinds to be the first to get thrn they trickle in “sensible” currencies