Season of Regression

I get that SoD is supposed to be somewhat of a testing ground for “classic+” but can we all just agree that balancing in the form of Nerfs is the absolute worst way to approach balancing. Buffs are a far better option.

Additionally I would like to state, I don’t mind doing less % dmg to the enemy in pvp, so long as the number I’m seeing pop up continues to progress as I gear up. Nerfs basically delete /played.

Feels like I’ve been nerfed back down to level 25 just by scrolling combat #.

3 Likes

People keep saying this. Who told you that?

3 Likes

Preach, speak with your wallet though. Quit paying this dog company to rehahs 2005 wow with a few sprinkled farts and 0 play testing or support. Microsoft is gobbling up every last penny for the 2 man dev rehash called SoD!

5 Likes

I’ll be forced to if they think regressive design is any thing other than customer abuse.

I like when andys just make things up like " SoD is supposed to be somewhat of a testing ground for “classic+".

1 Like

Blizzard literally called it that when they released it…camon

7 Likes

Its what I hear streamers say all the time, and I think Josh indicated that the SoD Characters will have a permanent home after season, so that sounds like Classic+ to me.

Nways the original point still stands, regressive design is effectively customer abuse because you are deleting progress to balance rather then buffing deficiencies.

1 Like

Oh will if streamers say it it must be true!

1 Like

How do you type with all of Blizzard and Microsofts junk to fondle?

Ah nvm I see your profile, this is like your thing lmfao ok nvm

3 Likes

PvP gear should be normalized.

The devs.

1 Like

What devs?

There will never be Classic+. SoD is a gimmick season to keep the classic crowd occupied. You want + then you go play retail as thats where the game has progressed properly. They aren’t going put out an entirely new xpac for classic that goes a different way. That’s a waste of time and money. They make more just putting out seasons for people to play.

1 Like

They have been doing buffs… the last round was buffs. The damage got ridiculous.

Time stamped for your doubting eyes.
What happens to your SoD Characters after the Season

I don’t agree with the last sentence in your post. It doesn’t feel like a nerf to me - it affects everyone. I agree that losing power typically doesn’t feel good, but you have to keep in mind they seem to be trying to move away from the one shot meta. PVP dmg being too bursty lowers the skill ceiling of classic PVP - this move toward longevity in pvp encounters slows down encounters long enough for you to make calculated plays, and results in a higher skill ceiling. I wholeheartedly support the concept, but the numbers likely need some tweaking imo.

Buffs to health by buffing stamina would have gone a long way to improve longevity without feeling regressive to the parties doing less damage as a % of enemy health.

1 Like

My brother in Elune, we already have insane power creep to the tune of “naxx40 damage at level 50”.

We don’t need more buffs. We need more nerfs.

1 Like

I don’t mean buffs in damage, I mean buffs in terms of buffing stamina to increase everyones health global, so that way the literal # I see pop up is still the same but the % I take from the enemies health is now less. Same net benefit, but less regressive feeling.

Or perhaps a stamina buff globally by 15% and a dmg reduction globally by 10%
So my # that pops up doesn’t feel like I’m now level 25 again?