Season of Mastery 2 Fix

Yeah you’re probably right honestly. I feel like we are at such a weird gaming culture nowadays that we really need different rule set servers. I get people like their mega server concepts but I would love to see a harder divide on server rule sets for both pvp and pve players.

“Grinding” out the advantage was people paying for boosts and telling people not to pvp so you could get your rank.

The system is lame.

Imagine pvping to pvp.

Still doesnt change the fact that the world was dead because of BGs being in from day 1.

1 Like

There are people who don’t pilot, pay for slots, etc. you are pointing out the lowest common denominator because you can’t do it yourself. I have ranked multiple times and never paid for a boost or dodged.

What difference does it make if there is a r14 warrior in your raid? All that does is help you out. Why do you want that removed? I don’t understand your ideology

And yes I agree, honor out at the start will hill the server every time no matter what changes they do. I’ve seen it time and time again

Som2 will fail if… They use the same changes they used for som1 (som1 was wow’s biggest failure in the history of any released remade version or expansion of wow).

Because i want to compete on a more level playing field, not against some loser who afkd and boosted and paid for people to play their character to r14.

I have the hours to get r14. I choose not to because i dont enjoy playing BGs to begin with. Congrats to you for enjoying that content and then being rewarded with gear that exceeds current phase gear to cheese parses in old content. Im glad its working out for you.

Still lame! Remove pvp gear usage in raids for SoM 2! If you love grinding r14 so much, then you will still do it regardless of the reward at the end.

You have an equal footing. It’s called wrath. Pvp gear is bad for pve.

I don’t get the gear to parse in raids, I get the gear to fight vs other permades.

Vanilla is an mmorpg. There isn’t supposed to be an “equal footing” for parsing. Either you get the best gear possible to compete or you don’t. But why do you care so much about fair parses in a 16 year old game?

Again, I know plenty of people who rank without pilots/boosts etx, I’d argue that it’s actually a minority who pays pilots. From my experience

1 Like

Sweet so we agree then! No pvp gear in raids!

Time for SoM 2!

You said you had the hours for rank 14, but you just don’t wanna do it because you don’t like BGs.

This is a scenario where you have equal footing, but choose not to do it.
Therefor, those who will do it will outperform you.

Not much else to say other than this is just you trying to take away from others so you will feel more secure.

2 Likes

Shouldnt have to do pvp to compete in pve. Pretty simple concept really. If the rewards werent on par with phase 3 gear from raids then it would be different.

Cope harder.

Am I coping?

I am pretty confident you’ll never see your opinion implemented into the game ever. THAT is the real cope.

Your opinion is just that. An opinion. And guess what? Arena weapons were bis in tbc, and they were not disabled in raids. People got those weapons if they needed them.

If you want to compete you have to do things that might be out of your way. That’s the way it goes killer

So gotta be a loser who plays the same BG for 16 hours a day for months. Got it.

Enjoy your grind bud and your advantage. Stay getting carried by your gear.

Welcome to an MMO hurr durr.

If you believe you are a loser than you’ll be a loser.

If you believe you are a winner than you’ll be a winner.

Grinding bgs is part of the game - wether you like ir or not; wether your opinion is true or not.

Am I carried by a measly rank 12 gear as a shaman?

You can’t seem to really make a point because you are so angry that people get rank 14 weapons and out dps you.

4 Likes

there’s nothing wrong with pvp gear except when it’s released too early like what SoM did. i’m confident they won’t repeat that mistake

1 Like

So the thing is, this is how old mmorpgs were designed. PvP and PvE were MEANT to crossover. If you are looking for something super separated, WotLk does that very well imo.

2 Likes

That was NOT my point. If that’s your take away from my post, then perhaps you should read it again.

Also “half time needed to rank” is 100% a a buff

Not when the season lasts half as long as classic did.

Half the time to rank + season lasts half as long = no change in the total number of rank 14 players throughout the season.

There were actually LESS rank 14’s in SoM because of other, unrelated changes (such as no longer counting deleted characters towards the PvP pool, which nerfed pool boosting).

My thought on Blizzard buffing raids to make the cintent “harder” was pointless bc people would just farm bgs for pvp gear versus pre bis dungeons etc. Why would someone waste time trying to farm ore bis when they can get rank 12 way faster? They hurt the pve scene pretty drastically with having honor in from day 1.

2 Likes

How is grinding PvP if you enjoy PvP getting carried by gear? I mean, a warrior could win BRE the first week of MC and go terrorize a battleground. I guess that would mean his gear is carrying him, but he got it through EZ mode raiding? I don’t understand the point you’re making.

That being said, the PvP system is an awful system and should probably be converted to an honor currency system.

Basically he is saying if you have better gear than him you’re carried, and the gear that he has means he has skill

2 Likes