Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated February 12

what a nothing burger

This is a good change. My raid was wiped at Zoram in a losing pvp battle. I chose to release.

The event ended while running back, and since the respawn is in Darkshore rather than Ashenvale, I did not get any rep. It’s clearly not intended to be this way since everyone in the zone gets rep at the end of the event, so respawning in another zone during the event is a problem.

It’s small, but needed. Thank you!

Not going to mention the stealth nerf to pets and boon world buff?

These were put in for the Horde I assume? Our Spirit Healers must of really had their work cut out for them considering that Alliance seem to out form us on average 2 or 3:1.

It was grouped with a non-classic hotfix. Not sure why they haven’t put it here, it does make it difficult to follow when done this way.

"Season of Discovery

• Boon of Blackfathom no longer applies to pets.
    • Developer’s Note: We are essentially removing the ability for pets to get Boon of Blackfathom for now. Now that pets scale with stats, allowing them to get certain world buffs would effectively let them “double dip” on these effects and gain far more damage than intended. We’ll continue to review this as we move through the content phases and make adjustments to how world buffs interact with pets as needed."
      WoW Hotfixes - January 2 - #234 by Bornakk
1 Like

January 5, 2024

Season of Discovery

• Crafted Void-Touched Armor on-use effects are now exclusive with each other and share a cooldown.

Nerf world buffs for bleeds, dots and poisons as they scale with the character as well. Since you nerfed pets and all.

4 Likes

Great job! Now add one closer to SFK for alliance please.

Is there anything to be done for warlock pets? Little frustrating when you summon a pet and they come in with half health/mana especially after spending a soul shard, but happenes every time I summon a new one.

same with hunter pets

Any word on any new east coast normal/pvp servers? Not a fan of layers

1 Like

It’s the same with the mage rune living flame. It’s why my guild will never bring 2 mages in the same group. Doesn’t surprise me at all with was missed by the SOD dev team, they are not the brightest bulbs in the house

thanks for the update

ah boy here we go, more hunter nerfs.

Wheres the tuesday patchnotes?

January 8, 2024

Season of Discovery

• [With weekly restarts] The Battle for Ashenvale now has minimum and maximum times between battles. It will now never restart sooner than about 2 hours after its last start, and will not take longer than about 3 hours since its last start. If player activity is very low or very high, the percentage progress will be sped up or slowed down to match those time constraints.
  • [With weekly restarts] Battle for Ashenvale quests “Clear the Forest!” and “Repelling Invaders” now award 1000 reputation (was 200).
4 Likes

But you keep us capped at revered…

Correct. Aside from the mark turn in which goes to exalted, you have to play Warsong Gulch for the remaining leg to exalted.

If you need any other guidance, I’m here frequently and I’ll reply back as soon as I can.

Fix/nerf deep wounds. Warriors are out of control now!

This is a pretty huge change. You’re essentially getting 5 WSG wins per week doing this quest.