Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated February 12

The effect your team added where starsurge animation hits the caster too, that is just horrible. Can you please remove that animation or at least make it invisible if you need the spell to hit for the buff?

5 Likes

Absolutely this. We do not need a copied effect coming down hitting us for a buff to apply. Begone. >:(

5 Likes

Warlocks can’t cast their mount in STV

3 Likes

I can’t speak to the pvp side of starsurge, I was just trying to level and quest. I gota say, I was actually having fun playing balance while leveling. I legit was enjoying my time playing wow, it was so much fun. I just tried the change out for a while and from just a pve leveling feel, it kinda sucks now. Mechanically but especially visually. I’m gona stop playing SOD until I no longer get flash banged by my own spell, hope that gets fixed soon.

It’s just a disappointing feeling to not really understand the logic behind the changes, if this really was the best idea that came to the board.

If it was too much in pvp, why not just have it scale down if used on an enemy player. That way I could still have fun nuking boars.

8 Likes

Starurge states it gets most effects Starfire gets, does this new Starsurge buff you receive not affect Staruge itself for the 66% increased damage?

Can we also talk about everytime you cast starsurge the animation also hits the player???

6 Likes

they topped the nerf with another 5% nerf. very very based aggrend

Hunters in the fetal position hiding in the corner

Ya I guess after the initial change it didn’t suck quite enough. The Devs either do not play the game or do not test things. If this was entirely based on PvP as it appears to be… Then they should just remove PvE from the game and see how that works out.

6 Likes

Doubt they care judging by those nerfs. They want to execute the spec not keep it healthy. As Ive said in other posts this tells me the devs do not care about the players who are playing these class or specs for weeks in some cases a few months and are now punished horribly by terrible dev balancing and waiting months to fix it.

3 Likes

you forgot to nerf shaman and hunters into the ground

2 Likes

Nerfing starsurge another 5% on top of what you already nerfed is freakin insult to injury. It already feels terrible to press, lets just make it worse… smdh

2 Likes

lol

first time?

1 Like

Good. Too many super bad druids rely on that spike to win pvp.

1 Like

Accurate. Also paladins, who effectively get three lives.

Summary of Concerns:

• Nerfing both base damage and spell power coefficient is WAY overkill. Choose one, not both. This “30%” nerf is more like 50-60% overall. I swear if you all just fixed SP coefficient and touched nothing else everything would be fine but with both nerfs in place this spell is horrendously bad.
  • We are once again OOMkins. These changes are forcing us to hit Star Fire 2x as often which is completely killing our mana in longer fights. Our rotation has been completely destroyed with these changes which goes back to point #1… too many unnecessary changes. Nerf SP or base damage and leave everything else alone.
  • You’ve completely ignored the fact that spell pushback protection from the Eclipse rune is just flat out not working. This makes both PVP and PVE unplayable as we need to cast a 3.1 second spell to do ANY damage (assuming it doesn’t resist … which it does half the time :woozy_face:)
  • The added animation of Starsurge hitting out character is unnecessary. In PVP you think you’re being opened by another Boomy and in PVE it’s eye cancer. In general…why???
  • As already stated, this nerf is overkill. Having said that, why are you all ignoring the fact that Boomy’s (pre-nerf) are 5th overall in Gnomer DPS? You do realize that this change will make Boomy’s completely useless right? Based on log data, it’s clear this nerf is PVP oriented and if that is the case then why am I still being one shot by Spriests, Hunters, Rogues, Mages and Shaman? Also, what happened to waiting a few weeks before doing anything too drastic? Who making these calls on your team???

Super disappointed with these changes overall. A lot of us raced to 40, leveled professions, grinded rank 5, farmed gear/gold to be ready for Gnomer only to be nerfed before first lockout. These changes make the game unenjoyable and we really hope you will consider making additional adjustments to fix other classes and to not completely gut Moonkins. We need a response from you all ASAP because at this rate many of us have lost all motivation to continue to play the game. I don’t have time to level another character and I put all my eggs in the Boomy basket gear wise so I cannot even switch specs at this point.

8 Likes

could have done something for mages, making 2 water at a time is not fun.

1 Like

You can literally cast Wrath for free. Melodramatic much?

This needs fixed.

Probably.

Have you checked the damage of wrath? lol

3 Likes

i do not play a mage but yea… i feel bad for you guys.

skill book of feast for mages would be a great add

They should have a vending machine like a warlock closet to allow people to click on them and get food/drink for a duration of the table to be up