Season of Discovery Class Tuning - January 11

it makes the differentiation based on Way of Earth uptime, which you don’t even need to have on for shaman tanking most of the raid. double-rockbiter is enough for holding aggro, and the bosses (other than lorgus jett, turtle, and akumai) don’t hit hard.

there are only three boss fights i need to have Way of Earth equipped on my pants for.

as a result, a bunch of my shaman’s logs show up as enhancement, even though i was tanking.

1 Like

By they you mean hunter and pet right? Because that is what seems to be happening.

Hunters take the nerf for other classes opness.

1 Like

Season of nerf whatever gets cried about the most, druids are likely next on the nerf list

1 Like

Hey @kaivax - Can you give a bit more context into the reasons Priests are getting a nerf beyond “They are outperforming other healers”? As a priest only player, that is truly the only thing I have going for this game so far - given two of the three talent trees are made for being a main healer. When lined up against all other classes, both horde and alliance, priests are at the bottom of the barrel in regards to “class discovery”. I am unable to do any form of dps, and when finding groups I am only there to be a healer. As far as PVP goes - still the only class that gets targeted first, and there are no counter plays to this, besides the heals I can provide myself unlike druids, paladins, shamans (who dont get targeted anyway), mages now, ect. This is just a nerf on top of being the most linear decision based healing class one can choose for the season of discovery. The only thing I have discovered is the variations I have are limited, and the one strong thing going for me is now flat 20% lessened.

5 Likes

Lol what? Hunters are still performing well lmao.
Starsurge also requires alot of spell power to even remotely be a problem, and as I said fix it, it’s bad how it is.

Hunter performs well without or without gear, and yes they shouldn’t have a single rune OP and providing an unreasonable amount of power. Across the board is way better design than performing well because of a single aspect and removal of that aspect kills the class.

I’m not sure how you can argue that’s a bad thing :man_shrugging:

The issue with Starsurge is it’s scaling, it’s pretty apparent, and secondly visibility.
As to the range, Hunters get ~equal range on everything, not a single spell so how is that an issue? Same with Fire Mage.
The other issue being visibility is it’s hard to see where the Starsurge comes from so it’s more difficult to react to, changing the animation to come from the Druid themselves, or simply reusing one of the previous Starsurge animations instead of I believe the Starshards animation would easily solve this problem.

The only reason I’d argue for range reduction is simply for homogenisation of spell ranges so Balance has consistency. It will be worse next phase though with Travel Form and stun proc, so enjoy it not having those whilst you can :sweat_smile:

Brain Dead Devs at work again. How many more hunters nerf can we get lets go Just brain dead. BM hunter beast master YES pet should do all the work and destroy Hello us Brian once in a while.

1 Like

Im playing shadow the rest of this season outta spite. I tried being nice. Its time for my villain saga.

It’s never late to grow up unless your parents watch your childish comments online.

Oh snap just read the part where they are compensating our main spells. Liars big time.

2 Likes

Hunter range is 35y unless you go MM.
Their ranged attacks effectively cover 27y due to minimum range.
It’s a very big difference.

Cancelled my sub i would have to be a cuckold to keep paying for you to nerf my class every other day.

9 Likes

Hunter is still incredibly strong.

They nerfed Chimera shot only to go ahead and buff it again, complete nonsense, not interested in paying for this.

I mean, we have never been stuck at level 25 before. Tuning is to be expected

Starsurge is 36yrds as well.
You can’t judge one ability by it’s talented range and another without it’s talented range. That’s deliberate bias.

1 Like

Got em

Well done

the top post on the forums is currently “HUNTER PETS ARE STILL TOO STRONG”
so yeah

Fair enough, but almost nobody is playing MM in pvp right now so most of the time hunter attacks are covering 27y.
I do still think that minimum range makes a big difference. Nothing to do with pvp but it’s especially annoying on aku’mai because its hitbox becomes so huge in phase 2 that you can’t shoot from the last room where he spawns.

1 Like

And this is why it needs a range nerf. Highest range in the game, strong nuke, low CD, instant cast, almost no mana cost, coupled with chance to stun and travel form next phase. It will be beyond broken because it will have 0 counterplay. And based on how it works now, it will be useable in travel form…

Yep. A 25% base damage buff on explosive shot. So it does 3 more damage per tick…

Chimera shot finally does damage slightly above an auto attack

But i mean, the mana costs are down so i guess that helps in longer fights, but still doesnt fix the actual issues.