Season 4 M+ Seasonal Affixs and Dungeons

Maybe true! Thats why we’ll write a whole list of things we find next week too and hopefully can get those fixed also! I chalk it up as a win for everyone!

Why did this take so long to respond to?

Wish the Karazhan nerfs happened sooner but I’ll take what I can get

Goodbye Throw Coin, you won’t be missed

Devs don’t usually frequent this forum at all. I’ve been here for 5 years and only seen a single copy pasta from GD. Not to mention “this is overturned” doesn’t speak to numbers and now they had a full week of group data to go off.

This is not even remotely close enough of a nerf to these dungeons. This last week was both fortified and tyrannical in upper and lower Kara.

1 Like

This please!

1 Like

There’s a back door that drops you at moroes/attumen.

These changes are nice for sure, but they hardly address any of the problems with Lower Kara. The bosses still have too much health for their given key level, Maiden’s shield is still beyond a forgivable state, most of the mobs during TYRANNICAL week being able to one-shot you is ridiculous, the lack of respawn points at the last boss killed and other such basic things are still going to lead to the majority of Lower keys being bricked.

1 Like

It’s a 20s run back.

Pretty sure it’s longer than that. Doesn’t exactly solve running back to Maiden either, which is where most wipes seem to happen. Regardless, still a drop in the bucket compared to the actual terrible tuning.

the Philantropist is now ‘generic ghost add’.

It’s not. Even on the slowest classes.

Sure, but do it last, when you have all your buffs and it won’t be as bad, unless your group is a bunch of monkeys.

I didn’t know this until a guildie pointed it out, but after you kill maiden a door opens up (turn left at the starting entrance, stay on the lower level, and head right). It takes you to the banquet room and you can jump down to Moroes. I think there are other options as well but we were using it to get back quickly after wiping to Moroes because we weren’t CC’ing the correct adds :wink:

I had no idea this existed, but it’s quite handy. Kinda blew my mind too.

UPDATE 8-9-22

I have now tanked a fair amount of dungeons on 20-21 level, and with it being fortified I want to pump out some more feed back to hopefully improve QOL for everything

• Grimrail Depot -
    Did not time my 21, was about 5 minutes over. This week, I noticed a lot of random 1 shot kills that just didn’t make sense. First room for example, was tanking mobs on up on the platform with back facing the wall so the runners would run into the wall and not the party. Healer by the entrance randomly gets 1 shot. Death log states that they didn’t take damage, but instead just died. No clue why. First boss is hitting harder this week than it did on tyranical. Should double check and make sure that the missile projectiles aren’t coded as trash for determining damage similar to the bug on sanguine depths where the 3rd boss’ projectiles hit harder on fortified than tyrannical. The 2 guys chucking bombs after the first boss hit WAY too hard. I had a hard time tanking those 2 mobs by themselves. Both are hitting double slaps for 30ishk back to back. if you run out of range, they stop moving and start throwing bombs that go through walls as well. In the train car, there is simply no room for sanguine. we knew this was going to be an issue, and I dont’ think there’s anything we can do to fix it, but it needs to be said. Outside of that, the shrouded mobs frontal cone is going through boxes, as are all the other mobs AOE’s. That means if one of them aims towards one side of the trolley car, you have to leave the trolly car or get hit. Additionally, the flamethrower and flametongue weapons are both hitting too fast and hard. One of our whipes was because I took (6) tics of 40k damage in under .5 seconds for an ability I didn’t even know was being cast or could see once it was cast. The tic rate needs adjusted AND the puddle display needs to be clarified. 2nd boss again, hit way too hard. boomers took forever to spawn and then randomly spawned 3 in one pack. This RNG needs to go away for it to be viable on high keys. last room, damage seems ok, but there are mobs that cast that can’t be interuped and there’s no real place to LOS to get them out of sanguine puddles. The last boss needs some work. The spears, while they can be dodged, have no indicator when it’s coming out. This needs to be adjusted. The frost trap is fine and how you should model your mechanics. The lightning breath is still hitting hard, and still has no indication. This needs to be cleared up. As a dungeon overall, the mobs have entirely too much health disparity. Some mobs feel completely fine, others have boss level health and take extra long. Also, it legimitately felt like all the bosses hit just as hard if not harder this week than they did last week. May want to take a look at that.

My suggestions to improve grim rail would be:

• Make the boxes in the trolley cars actually block frontals/LOS attacks
  • Lower the damage on the first boss more if the damage isn’t coded as a non-boss unit for the determination of fortified vs tyrannical.
  • Make all ground effects have outlines and be above the floor textures. Sleep bubbles are still hidden by the ground textures and makes it super unfun to play.
  • Remove the RNG of which adds spawn in the 2nd boss when
  • Give the spear on the last boss a telegraphed arrow to show where it’s going to be aimed
  • Give the lightning breath a clear indicator where it’s going to land.

Lower Kara:

• Played this one on a 19 - did not time, only a minute over. This weeks theater boss is beauty and the beast. This was hitting harder than the fortified mobs by a wide margin. That needs to be adjusted. Pulling trash into the theater boss’ room after we killed the boss resulted in the trash below the stage pulling and grabbing EVERYTHING. Was funny, but also feels kinda bad. This should be adjusted. Not sure if it was starfall or what, but needs to be looked at. Moroes feels way better this week, big props to the team, still tough, but absolutely doable. the elemental in moroes room hits way too hard. It’s almost 1 shotting people on 19’s with defensives up and it does not go away after the mob dies. Waiters have super high health pools (like 1.5m each) but are only worth .7% each. This should be adjusted. spider damage in slave quarters is super high, may want to check that as I’m not sure if it was just fortified or just high damage. Rest of the dungeon felt fine.

It opens after opera.

1 Like

Hey! I have since learned this happens after any boss is dead. The route that ive been using and works for me is to kill theater boss, clear trash behind theater boss to the shrouded miniboss. Then die, release, and clear moroes huntsman and then go through slave quarters to maiden.

1 Like

Yea, Sackless mentioned it opens after opera too, which is interesting. I was discussing with my group if there was any opportunity for routing sploitz using a death and runback through the door. It sounds like you’ve found a route that works for you, which is cool :slight_smile:

Kara this week was a cake walk, both upper and lower. Timed both first try with full pugs and no comms. Even had to explain fights to one of them. People need to show up prepared and look at a boss mechanic guide and learn to play their class.

2 Likes

Good to hear. Im guessing with inspiring being off the table we can actually do large pulls and stop the bad casts?