Season 4 affix

What do you guys think about season 4 mythic + affix? it’s nothing more than kill a mob and gain a % of a stat. Personally I find this extremely boring and lazy design, and I don’t think it will hold peoples attention for long. It currently is available for testing on the PTR and I’ve done several keys with it.

Maybe the fact that some of the old dungeons will be available for mythic + will be the main draw for season 4 but think about some of the other really cool seasonal affixes they have come up with in the past including the other expansions. And all they can come up with now is a % bonus for killing a mob?

1 Like

I already voiced my opinion when it got data-mined early.

From what I saw on the PTR testing, my speculation on it being boring was confirmed. They spiced things up ever so slightly by moving some of the mechanics from the trash onto a mini-boss and giving the mini-boss more mechanics, but otherwise it looks very dull.

I’d like to see Blizzard add at least two more mini-bosses and ideally to change it to be able to choose TWO different stat buffs and having each dreadlord give 1% of each of the buffs you choose. Otherwise you always just take versatility to not die to boss mechanics and that’s super, super, SUPER sad.

1 Like

There’s a little bear chasing you named Ion Hazzbear, and if he catches you, he’ll whisper “It’ll cost ya a raid tier”. You then immediately wipe.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if spectral sight tracks the shrouded mobs or not yet?

It should just give you 200% haste and movement speed for 5 minutes. They really need to lean into making MYTHIC PLUS FUN, not hard

2 Likes

The mobs have a debuff on them if you click on that.

That said, yes, if you spectral sight you can see the Dreadlord hovering over them like Amogus.

1 Like

Ahh ok didn’t know there was already a debuff icon. Thanks for the info

Very boring and not the least bit exciting. Likely will just get my mount and then run enough for 1-2 vault choices a week. Given the theme of the raid/mythic+ season is reliving the past, I would have much rather seen a rotation of past seasonal affixes. Prideful was such a PITA, but it would have been a lot more manageable if the tank got an extra action button allowing them to spawn it and took ramping ticking damage until they did to better control when you got it and I’d still rather deal with it as is than some random stats.

1 Like

10% secondary stat is garbo. Won’t feel any different then normal and won’t make a difference until the last boss.

There’s a debuff on the dreadlord so I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a weakaura that marks the mob.

Or they’re probably be set mobs for each week and show up in MDT.

So it’s effectively the Season 2 affix without the player choice of buff. Sounds like it keeps the flow of the run going smoothly instead of bogging it down with having to choose a buff. I see that as a good thing. Get in, get out.

Its way better than season 3.

You get to choose your stat buff at beginning of dungeon.

Oh, so you choose the stat to buff and then power through the dungeon like normal? Sounds great.

To me, it sounds like a better version of the season 2 affix.

The best part of S4, to me, is going to be watching everyone regress 4-5 key levels trying to learn new dungeons.

1 Like

Same thing I’ve thought since season 4 was announced.

2 Likes

meh it’s not the worst idea. i’m def gonna play season 4 :100:

2 Likes

Well season 1 could brick your key if someone pulled a mob by mistake and your prides were ruined the entire run

Season 2 was buggy as hell and just gave wrong stats/wrong powers at times

Season 3 is alright in a group, but crap in pugs cuz people just mindlessly AoE

4 is just stats, no nonsense, just have some stats and do more damage, its great

Looks like its intentional given the fact there will be in effect 6 new dungeons in rotation and the rest removed. That way people can focus on the dungeon and not crazy things with the affix.

It’s current form is a step down from the current form of encrypted, but it’s still on PTR so there’s still change possible.