Season 3 Mythic Plus will be currency starved

only requirement to buy them is 1k M+ rating on the toon your buying the boxes on.

Yeah. I remember buying the boxes before and being disappointed in them and forgot about them entirely. Forgot they could actually serve a purpose of dumping excess currency to make it ‘earnable’ again.

purpose for me is free enchanting mats.

If you do 7.5 dungeons a week capping on crests, the upgrade feature is not available to you because you are capped on crests.

and this is a problem because…

1 Like

No sir, because you can do as many dungeons as you can schedule time for to learn and push. For many people, that’s 1 dungeon a week. Instead of punishing dedicated players, an actual dump as Blizzard already has the ability to do, is the actual answer. They simply choose not to reward dedication or respect players’ time pushing content. From OP:

welp, I tried with you. Take care guy. :v:t5:

You are countering your own points, you know.

The currency caps always existed. Valor was capped. Conquest is still capped. All of the currencies were, indeed, capped on a weekly basis.

Just because the cap was so obscenely loose for Crests in S2 doesn’t mean that it was necessarily good for the system, which is why you can end up with 445+ ilvl players who still don’t know mechanics.

And “Reward dedication”? You know, Blizz put caps in so people wouldn’t be compelled to feel obligated to do content 24/7 to keep up with the people who could. That’s how it has always been, can’t go backsies now and say you care about rating, but also want more gear rewards for spending more time in dungeons. Raids got their weekly lockout (as well as lower Crest/Flighstone rewards), M+ has their currency weekly cap. M+ will still grant more gear faster in the form of drops but will be evened out when it comes to upgrading/crafted gear because of the cap.

Renown is dated already, the only reason to do it is for profession stuff that, if you ONLY do M+, you won’t need because you won’t be out farming herbs, mining, or trying to get people to send you crafting orders to level up your professions to relevance to craft your own gear pieces (especially with plenty of patterns people want being gated behind rare drops instead of renowns). Why would you care about it at all, since it isn’t M+ and isn’t required for anything of relevance to M+?

2 Likes

and the issue is? Eventually we’ll have so much crest we wont know what to use them for

1 Like

Well I agree with you about how these changes are VERY BAD.

Why?

DF S1 - I would benefit from running ANY M+ with ANY guildy. It was pretty much NEVER a waste of my time as I would still gain a currency to upgrade my gear. This meant we had A LOT more social M+ runs within my guild.

Then came

DF S2 - Now there is NO BENEFIT whatsoever to running ANYTHING below a 16 M+. They told us that it’ll encourage us to push higher keys. Well it’s true I did end up pushing higher keys than I normally would have, but only to 16. There was no benefit. As a side effect, most of us almost completely stopped running keys with guildmates who aren’t capable of running 16+…Because there is no incentive AT ALL other than being social/charitable.

Now comes DF S3- Not only will you not want to run any keys at all under the desired currency level. But you’ll also gain nothing at all from running more than 7.5.

Do people not see how this impacts running m+ socially between people of various skill levels/time to play? For people who have a set group of 5 and always run the same amount of M+ with that very same group every week…Things will stay the same. But for everyone else…These have all been TERRIBLE changes.

Ah yes, the ol’ false dichotomy argument comparing to pillars of content I don’t do, didn’t mention, and I should not want?
You put this much effort into trolling my legitimate and reasonable concerns because a) I dunked on your first comment in my thread and b) you got offended about it?
Take a look at yourself.

The only true ailment from the OP that I’ve gathered in my mind is how bad it is having everything Soulbound and not Account Wide.

One thing that actually pains me about this game is how you can’t piggy back your alts like you can in other MMOs and ARPGs.
The alt thing has been frustrating for the entire life of the game and they are JUST NOW making rep and renown account wide. It’s very embarrassing and revealing how they treat alts in this game.

Imagine if all your crests were Account wide and you could pass them to an alt. Why not? You earned them did you not? This IS THE gatekeeping in my opinion.

I believe their fixing that with warbands but that wont be out until 11.0

Their all time life of the game stance on alts has been embarrassing. If anyone ever asks me how Blizzard gatekeeps, I am instantly going to the alt unfriendliness thing.

Wait, I know it took a few hours but I thought you’d remember.

You complained about ‘carrying’ people, not getting rewarded enough, and not getting rep/renown from M+. Those are definitely things you mentioned and complained about. Was more so a question as to why would you want something that has been irrelevant even in S1 when a vast majority of the Renown system was designed for solo/WQ players who it even wasn’t that great for.

You know… Maybe we should just go back to CM-style one-and-done reward schemes and leave the repetition for the timing leaderboards so the people who really do M+ seriously can compete and the casual players can get some cosmetics and leave it be.

Ultimately, there are five types of M+ players.
People who go for the vault, completion or timed doesn’t matter. Cap won’t affect them unless they time every dungeon.
People who go for the KSM/KSH/20 portals. Change won’t really affect them either.
People who push for rating at a seriously level. Change won’t affect them in the long run. They will get gear and they will push rating.
People who do it for fun or to help others. Change won’t really affect them if the fun is the activity. Hell, I’ve run keys that I knew were doomed with zero payout (No use for any crest, not getting rating, not filling the vault).
People who run just for the gear. Change affects them yet… Ultimately most won’t care when people go from the landslide of easy gear from S2 into slightly slower gear acquisition in S3.

I was completely done with the crest system besides crafting every week by week 2. It was possible to be done with no rng by week 3. Bliz massively reducing the number of crests we get means there will actually be ilvl progression this tier instead of a race to 441 followed by nothing but a crafted item every 2 weeks.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, can you stop creating these dumb topics? You’re wasting so much time on nothing. Just go do literally anything else, please.

3 Likes

Idk if I would call it starved.

Season 2 was overly abundant,

Season 3 might be just right.

One can hope.

I am not a serious key pusher and I was pretty much done with M+ for crests by week 3 and was going over the math of how flooded the rewards were. By week 5 of the season there was no reason for me to run anymore because I don’t have the drive (and patience with pugs) to push higher and would only join in if friends needed a good DPS to fill a spot for fun because tangible rewards beyond portals pretty much were non-existent after the first few weeks in seasons that are meant to last for much longer.

Just the running of low dungeons, carrying less dedicated players who aren’t going to get a true m+ experience from that, but WILL complain that “dungeons are go go go” for my Flightstones for no reason other than the sake of it is degenerate and less than engaging gameplay.
The addition of Flightstones making an arbitrary gatekeep for me to upgrade is bad design. I am no more better a player, nor did I gain anything except a time sink to farm up the new requirements for Flightstones. I proved nothing by doing 5 more dungeons for Flightstones, to upgrade. It may have brought someone to the forums to complain about m+.
Nobody wants arbitrary currencies and systems.
The payer backlash on my factual assessment is embarrassing because people are just being obtuse for the sake of it, it doesn’t affect them because they are the carried, or, they like to hear themselves talk? Imagine calling oneself a “gamer” and defending corporations’ mobile style, arbitrary systems/currencies. Coming off the back of SL where everyone complained about this, but blizz has doubled-down. But it’s ok because scalies this xpac? What an embarrassment.