Season 2 TBC started yesterday, accidentally left team wasnt thinking

Hi, the new season started yesterday and I wasnt thinking and left my team on my priest. Is this really going to be an issue? The new season started and you guys should have history of what the ladder / teams looked like at the end of Season 1. I waited all the way until the start of season 2 and i accidentally left. I rejoined now so will it be an issue? Its kind of upsetting / dissapointing if ur expecting us to start season 2 and get cap but stay on our old teams. Please help. U guys surely should have a history of the ladder???

There are no GM’s here. You could submit a ticket but I’m not sure if there is anything that can done.

2 Likes

i did make a ticket. they gave me a response saying i had to rejoin the team, but the season already ended. i want to make sure they have a history of the ladder? if the season 2 started and i left team to join my friend then its fine right? i re joined afterwards but i wasnt thinking…

I’m afraid there really isn’t anything a Game Master would be able to do. They cannot manually place you back on a list that you may have left or otherwise update your standing. If you qualified for a reward and didn’t receive it a Game Master may be able to verify that fact but based on the list of folks that qualify. If leaving the team removed you from that qualification they are unlikely to be able to change that.

That said, as far as I know, you only need to be part of the team until that data is collected, which should have already taken place since the rewards are scheduled to go out on the 21st.

I’ve reached out to get confirmation that I’m correct and will update this thread when I get a reply.

4 Likes

There’s no reason why it would remove me from qualification if i left the team during season 2. it would be a huge flaw to start season 2 but tell people to stay on it until rewards are distributed. I stayed on the team all the way thru s1 and into the beginning of s2. i only left it on accident off whim. this should not be punishable by me… please verify that the data has already been collected as it should’ve before season 2 started. if it’s taking two weeks for rewards and season 2 is starting a week before that then you should’ve already had everything recorded prior to season 2 starting. many people are asking the same question, i even saw some other people leaving team thinking its fine even though its clearly up in the air…

Vrak is not a GM, nor is it he that is making the call on all of this. He’s provided what information he has at hand, and is even reaching out to the Powers that Be to ensure he’s providing the correct information.

When he gets that response, he’ll update you here. But he isn’t the one making the decision on any of this. He and our other SFAs are pretty darn nifty, but the scope of their reach has it’s limits. They are focused here on the forums. GMs or whomever it is that handles all of that other stuff? They don’t come here.

That said, this is so confusing. Either you left the team on a whim or you didn’t, since you have to manually right-click and remove yourself or use a chat command to leave a team, it would not be “by accident”. You did something purposefully that lead to you leaving your team.

Either which way, again, there is no one on this forum who can force anything through. Even the GMs (who again, do NOT come here), cannot push anything through that they cannot verify.

Vrak will update when he has an answer, but you just have to wait and see beyond that.

6 Likes

i type 160 words per minute, it only takes /teamquit 2v2 which is about a second. lol it was an accident how are you going to tell me it wasnt? i intentionally stayed on all my teams i had r1 on but when Chanimal asked me to play i just kind of off whim typed in /teamquit 2v2 and i regretted it instantly… taht’s why im bringing this up. It was 100% an accident and for you to come here and tell me it isnt is questionable

either way, we need the team to know this beacuse im not the only one who left it. other people left it on purpose once s2 started. you guys should have all the data and snapshot of the ladder once s2 started and at the very end of s1. please ensure that our rewards will be delivered. thanks

Yet, you still typed it AND hit enter. This is intent.

Accidentally would be to misclick on something.

We get you made a mistake but you need to stop referring to it as accidental.

On a whim isn’t accidentally either. It’s still a conscious decision made.

There are no GM’s here though.

6 Likes

Welcome to Customer Support, not to be confused with Customer Service. This forum is one for players to help other players. It is not a place to interact with GMs or to bypass the ticketing procedure. All of us here in green or white font are other players. Our Blues are SFAs. Service Forum Associates. They are not GMs, Devs, QAs or anything else. They primarily operate these forums as folks to offer advice, insight and to keep us hooligans in check.

Vrak was pretty clear in what they said.

Now if rewards have been distributed and you’ve not gotten anything when you should have?

Pretty clear.

Vrak then went a step above and beyond that, in that he was going to double-check things in how the cut-offs work. Until he gets that response, you’re at a standstill.

No matter what though, you would have to submit a ticket IF you did not receive your rewards when everyone else does. Nothing can be solved here on this forum, nor can anything be passed along to the higher-ups by you posting here. If/When you file a ticket, it’ll be up to you to reiterate anything you need them to know because they will likely have no clue this post exists.

7 Likes