Season 2 Reward Changes

Totally agree with you, although, it would be hard to get worse than it was, but hey … Blizzard can always surprise us with something to lower our currently low expectations.

Do you use Azerite power finder?
Grove tending is available on:
Sinister glad helm (helm)
Sinister glad pauldrons, mantle (Shoulder)
Sinister glad harness, chest guard, jerkin, tunic (chest)

So there’s at least one option for each slot in pvp

Yes, I use it but last time I checked these pieces (Sinister - BfA S2) weren’t there. So that answer my question and confirm my assumption from my first post:

Good to know that all traits are now available via PVP system and I don’t have to kill the same NPC 50 times to get it. Something good came our way boys… it’s not a Vendor but, at least, something that will allow us to aim for the gear we need.

The system still pretty much stinks in my opinion. This just takes the current system and adds every 4 weeks you will get an upgrade trophy assuming you use all your bonus rolls on arena and don’t get a crappy piece of gear from it.

I like the azerite options being added. PvP traits were mediocre for a lot of classes I think in s1. To be honest though I scrapped 99% of the gear from the weekly conquest reward anyway because the ilvl it rewards isn’t ratings based and isn’t high enough to out pace the rewards you get from other means. I think the 385 trophy was about the only thing I used.

1 Like

I agree, the whole system still far from good, but is better than it was for S1. At least they are improving something and we all know from past experience that Blizz is very good in going backwards… I’m just trying to be positive here.

1 Like

Season 2 changes are more confusing for the average player.

Bringing back vendors is less confusing. The original point of removing vendors was to make it less confusing.

But this is even more confusing than a vendor system.

Bring back vendors!

3 Likes

So what happens to players who make alts or weren’t currently active during season 1. Will they have to do all of the weeks of 345-370 gear of season 1 to finally get to season 2 weekly?

Or are all alts / new players just screwed because now their guaranteed progression slots are locked behind a weekly quest again, completely void of catchup mechanics or choice.

That’s 20 some odd guaranteed slots that just disappear for PvP alts next week. Forcing us to yet again farm mythics or run more crappy and boring Warfronts.

1 Like

This is the base starting point for everyone. It is explained in a previous Blizz post. If you have alts this would be a good time to get them on a somewhat even playing field over the first couple of months of season 2.

No, idiot. You will buy the wrong piece.

4 Likes

That is why a vendor system is needed!

1 Like

My experience from the beginning of S1 was that by the time I was able to cap conquest, I already had something better for that slot. If they’re planning on doing it this way, I feel like the least they could do would be to give us an actual upgrade token dynamic to our rating with every conquest cap instead of one of the coins. It makes no sense to bonus roll at any point in PvP, and at least 9/10 of these rewards are going to end up getting scrapped for me since they only give you 1/10th of a reward token with every conquest cap.

3 Likes

Good point I forgot about ilvl going up for everything. For some reason I was thinking the conquest rewards were going to be a competitive ilvl now.

This is a problem with M+ and Arena that they just don’t seem to get. People almost never use the end of match, conquest, end of dungeon, weekly quest rewards. Right now it feels like unless you are mythic raiding 90% of your gear is coming from the 2 weekly chest lotteries.

Jokes on me. I get the same repeat items from both weekly chests. Lost count of how many leg and glove pieces i’ve gotten.

2 Likes

I opened my 2200 arena cache to a set of 380 boots this week. Oh cool!

I then remembered that I did a m+9 with my frens. Open that cache to 390 boots. G freaking G. That useful piece of PvP gear lasted less than 5 minutes.

2 Likes

RNG in action.

2 Likes

I was under the impression the Season 1 conquest reward caps would be updated with the season 2 rewards. I.e if you were 6 weeks into S1 cap it was still going to restart you at s2 week1 with everyone else. Similar to how the item level of rewards from max-level Normal, Heroic, and Mythic dungeons will go up by 30 for the next season of Mythic+. I’ll try to get a more clear answer if I can.

Do you have the post by any chance you were referring to Hexxes?

That was my issue. If they do a full reset of the weekly rewards they remove the catch up mechanics at the same time. Seeing as the drop rate for PvP gear is now terrible, that’s gonna make it hard to gear up alts since we are gonna lose 20 weeks worth of S1 gear

I am basing that off of this post:

Specifically this:

End-of-match rewards will be capped at 385 during the first week of the season, to maintain parity with other endgame systems until Mythic Battle of Dazar’alor becomes available.

So first week rewards that are drops can’t be higher than ilvl 385. Certainly that means the direct conquest reward which is always the lowest ilvl reward will not be higher than that either. So that means they can’t start people off where they are in the system as many are past week 9 and would immediately get ilvl 400 gear. They’d most likely just reset them to week 1 rather than some arbitrary number like week 2 or week 5.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. I think I’ve legit gotten maybe two post-win items since 8.1. Drop rate is abysmal. PvE or don’t play if you aren’t already geared

1 Like