Season 2 Reward Changes

RNG in action.

2 Likes

I was under the impression the Season 1 conquest reward caps would be updated with the season 2 rewards. I.e if you were 6 weeks into S1 cap it was still going to restart you at s2 week1 with everyone else. Similar to how the item level of rewards from max-level Normal, Heroic, and Mythic dungeons will go up by 30 for the next season of Mythic+. Iā€™ll try to get a more clear answer if I can.

Do you have the post by any chance you were referring to Hexxes?

That was my issue. If they do a full reset of the weekly rewards they remove the catch up mechanics at the same time. Seeing as the drop rate for PvP gear is now terrible, thatā€™s gonna make it hard to gear up alts since we are gonna lose 20 weeks worth of S1 gear

I am basing that off of this post:

Specifically this:

ā€¢End-of-match rewards will be capped at 385 during the first week of the season, to maintain parity with other endgame systems until Mythic Battle of Dazarā€™alor becomes available.

So first week rewards that are drops canā€™t be higher than ilvl 385. Certainly that means the direct conquest reward which is always the lowest ilvl reward will not be higher than that either. So that means they canā€™t start people off where they are in the system as many are past week 9 and would immediately get ilvl 400 gear. Theyā€™d most likely just reset them to week 1 rather than some arbitrary number like week 2 or week 5.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. I think Iā€™ve legit gotten maybe two post-win items since 8.1. Drop rate is abysmal. PvE or donā€™t play if you arenā€™t already geared

1 Like