Season 2 Monk Tier Set

Why blizzard? Why do you hate monks so much? That set is atrocious. Why does every monk set have to be so horrendously stereotypical and absolutely devoid of creativity?

As a MW main it really makes me sad that I will be mogging over yet another fugly tier set.

18 Likes

I donā€™t even play a monk, but this set man; its horrible. Hands down the worst set look.

4 Likes

Right up there with the orange mage tower armour set. Just horrible.

4 Likes

Hunter set is the worst. Hunter set is belts on belts with more belts, and once you see it you canā€™t un-see it. Like a poor man bdsm set but with only leather belts.

The monk set is really bad also. If you see the head piece from the side it has this super weird fin running down the middle of it, which makes us look fish like. I know it was supposed to make us look like a could serpent but it just turns us into a fish.

And most of the set is reused assets from MoP armour just now with fish fins added on. What are we sushi?

That priest set though, that is a amazing set, and with D4 beta coming out it reminds me of all the angels armour in the diablo series. If only monks got a scarlet crusader/dreanie holy theme instead of this drunken pet class we are.

3 Likes

That orange and blue mage tower set was done because the top co/dev at the time was a University of Florida alum and she pushed to have her college represented in gameā€¦ hence the hidous UF gator color armour set.

Devā€™s hide their stuff all the time in game, sometimes it is cool like the hidden, little mermaid reference in exileā€™s reach, and sometimes its ham-fisted like we saw with our mage tower set.

5 Likes

The priest one is possibly the coolest set Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

at least we are not barefooted

Thank goodness for small mercys.

:laughing:

So true, though.

Developer: ā€œWhat would you like to see on the Monk set? Balls? Dragons? Dragonballs?ā€
Critics: ā€œFFS, whatever, just donā€™t forget the shoes this timeā€¦ā€

Yeah they really stepped it up this tier with one of the best looking sets in a long time to this lmao

Iā€™m just tired of the janky down trodden wannabe samurai look. Why canā€™t we have some sleek dark ninja look or something that evokes the celestialsā€¦without being that god awful Xuen set?

in every color, itā€™s super cool lol

Monk season 2 tier will from here on out only be referred to as the ā€œSushi Setā€ because it turns us into fish with our koi fins everywhere.

I for one canā€™t wait to earn my Sushi Set.

I just hope the hideous purple version of the Sushi Set is lfr and not heroic. We all know the Jade and bloodelf color scheme of the Sushi Set will most likely be mythic raid.

All joking aside its an ugly set with reused assets.

MoP helm reused

Armor reused

etc.

It is mostly a recycled set that was mail with new boots and gloves.

Monks and hunters always get the short end of the stick when it comes to tier sets

1 Like

I actually think the DH set managed to be uglier than the Monk set. Nearly impossible, but they pulled it off.

1 Like

Yo donā€™t even worry about how ugly it looks, just imagine how BAD WWā€™s actually is. Every other class gets a guaranteed huge STR/AGI/DMG proc and we over here getting more RNG on AUTO ATTACK procs which we literally are NEVER casting while channeling lmfaoā€¦ the exact reason why Windfury and Haste are garbage for us. Not only that we have a ā€˜chanceā€™ to summon another Clone, who will randomly empower our next 3 attacks? So my chi burst, expel harm, and tiger palm i happen to be casting bahahah. Then we get RSK with a ā€˜chanceā€™ of course, at doing AoE dmgā€¦ Who the hell is using RSK in AoE/Cleave??? Can the Monk Dev come back cuz this is getting out of hand.

4 Likes

Nah the guy that made Monk quit blizzard and heā€™s started his own company

2 Likes