Seal Twisting Added to Cata

What do you guys think about the devs adding seal twisting to cata? Seal twisting, world pvp, and the community are the biggest reasons that I love classic wow. I fondly remember one situation in TBC of when I couldn’t find a tank for deadmines on my level 20 retribution paladin and I had whispered around. I really wanted to start twisting some dungeons up and I finally got a response. One warrior was like ‘man I haven’t tanked in a while but I’m willing to give a try’. We fought an epic battle on the way in vs some pesky horde randomly being there but after a while in the dungeon and a disastrous wipe in the goblin foundry (I ran out of mana!!), we decided to call it quits. That day was so crazy. Imagine if I had seal twisting now. Seal twisting really would make cata perfect. I hope we can come together and have a serious but light-hearted discussion about how great seal twisting is.

With the changes to the ret rotation I don’t think people would enjoy more complexity on top of an already overly complicated rotation. People liked it in TBC because rotations were very simplistic to begin with

I didn’t like it back in TBC I personally dont want it anywhere else anymore…

But that’s me.

3 Likes

Sounds like all you people playing Classic Cata want to play retail WoW instead. Go play Dragonflight then.

Cata Classic guild roster. I refuse to play it unless it gets changed back to how it was before. It was never like this in the original Cata. This is proof that the current dev team are all a bunch of idiots and pathological liars.

Seal Twisting was an unintended mechanic that most did not enjoy. Also, its bad because the only way to take advantage of it was via 2 addons. Seal twisting is bad and it didn’t get removed because rets damage was so lacking.

1 Like

The rage whispers playing rsham/ret in tbc were hilarious

“nice rng” from disc priests who just resisted 4 HOJs in a row. lel

RIP seal twisting

Also Many also just macro’d out the complexity.

Seal swap macros came up real easy, google didn’t break a sweat. only cost was sometimes the script timing could be off once in a blue moon.

And extra mana use as the macro could cast extra to the swap. Venue depending not a major deal breaker imo.