Scroll Cases

Sorry, you are changing your number presentation. some places using hard numbers, some places using %. If its not consistent then people cant really react to the same numbers.

So you saw a 12% reduction in raiders over what timeframe compared to the total population? Because if there was a larger percentage reduction in the population compared to raiders then your supply demand calculations are already off.

Raiders use scrolls… I guess it’s monday still so… 2 lockouts ago 8k unique characters in logs, 1 lockouts ago 6900, Current lockout 7100. This is while we are a destination server for all the dying servers.

Right, but without knowing the total population and its drop off then we cant tell.

Unless your argument is that fishing bots are the main supplier of scrolls and that the number of fishing bots will stay constant regardless of population changes. In which case no conversation can be made since there isnt really anything solid to work with there.

Blizzard won’t release those numbers so we are working with what we have. Fishing bots will supply more scrolls than any real player ever could when they sit and fish 27/4. Raiders use the VAST majority of consumes so that is the only number that matters.

So the only solid basis for your claim is that there was a 12% drop in total number of raiders so why have prices gone up?

that was the extent of the analysis to conclusion?

There is also the fact that in the absence of a change to drop rate from fishing there should be an increase in quantity, especially considering you can craft repair bots and drop them in town strictly to buy scrolls cheaper than buying them.

So how much cheaper is a repair bot than scrolls? Factor in I think 5% AH cut on both sides of the sale.

Seems like a “meh” situation in regards to gold generation compared to time invested.

Crafting cost on a repair bot is like 11g. With a single strength or agi scroll being 10-12g you should save money. Of course there’s a bit of a gamble there similar to prospecting ore or crafting alchemy consumes.

So thats another confine in that it is limited to people with engineering leveled that farmed the recipe.

Then it requires those people be people who are immediately capitalizing on the market, buying when the mats are at their cheapest before the cheapest are gone, so on and so forth.

Personally I couldnt be bothered, in that amount of time I could do 3-4 dailies and make more money. If I was going to bother I would do it for my own consumes, and not to sell on the AH

The repair bot is, more or less, a hard requirement for leveling engineering. It is also extremely popular for the highest performing raiders making is a popular profression. If they did it for their own consumes that would further lighten the load on the AH and drives down prices. In the end it is still an increase in supply.

Again, that requires not that it makes gold, it requires that it is a MORE efficient way of making gold(and efficiency includes the annoyance factor) than other gold making methods.

Going to buy and craft all the materials, then try and sell it on the AH, sounds like a huge pain rather than doing 2-3 dailies which requires zero risk and is not beholden to market fluctuations.

blizzard automated fun detector , it removes all fun from the game automatically

2-3 dailies won’t support consumes for anyone. It would only buy 3 agi OR strength scrolls. It won’t buy a flask or potions. 3 scrolls of any or all relevant types will be required for the fastest runs on record. Some classes would need to double that up to be fully consumed and war/druid tanks even more. It simply doesn’t cut it and is likely a big reason for the reduction in raiders.

Not sure what universe scrolls are required raid consume, but maybe your server is different.

210g a week covers most of my raid consumes, if I had not been farming raid consumes since phase 1. Only scrolls I will ever use is ones I end up getting.

On my server the prices have always fluctuated. From 7-8g for 5 to 15-20g for 5. I never buy them no matter what the prices are but I sell some on occasion. Some days you are fishing and you find a ton and some days you finding like 2… So based on my experience alone it sounds normal that the prices would fluctuate.

When Felweed is at 5g or lower a stack I buy them all. 20-30 stacks even. The same for Ancient Lichen. So every now and then I could be driving up the prices on herbs without even knowing it. Who knows? Maybe other people are doing it too?

To be honest the price of these things are so low. I don’t see how it really matters if they double in price.

1 Like

Yo. Let the dude have a W. This thread ain’t vibbin.

I never once said they were a requirement just that the people that use them are raiders not that raiders required them. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Scroll of strength is 40g for 2 hours if you don’t die. A flask of relentless assault is 80g for 2 hours period. They aren’t “cheap”

No, it’s not vibbin. Not sure what I was expecting from a bunch of casuals masquerading as gamers via their trolling.

1 Like

Big talk from someone not posting on their main.

If they are not a requirement in anyway then why is it a problem? Just a natural market fluctuation.

Oh I don’t know, maybe I don’t play video games with the goal of being average?