Screen freeze issues with Direct X 11/12 and GeForce RTX 4090

Just recently, I’ve been having some major screen freezes and eventually entire PC freeze. I moved the Direct X setting down to 11, but that was only good for about 15 mins of play before hosing my system. This seems to mostly be happening on wow classic SOD. I’ve played on wotlk, and it happens there as well, but not all the time.

when playing wow classic SOD with Direct X 12, it happens pretty fast, the screen will flash, come back, and then freeze the entire computer if I don’t such the game down. I’ve tried memory tests, GPU stress tests, and they are all fine. I’ve also tried reseating the GPU, but no luck. I’ve also tried switching to the onboard graphics card, and that was ok, but it’s VERY slow and unplayable, even on the lowest graphical settings in WOW. I’ve also tried Diablo 4 for about 30 minutes, and that game seems to be ok.

I’ve tried completely removing the GPU drivers and reinstalling, but no luck. Also tried updating the firmware on the memory chips, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I’m running a CORSAIR vengeance a7300 system. VENGEANCE a7300 Gaming PC, R9 7900X, RTX 4090, 2TB M.2, 64GB DDR5-5600

I forgot to mention that if I let the screen freeze go, I eventually get a BOD, DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION