Screen Bounds And Resolution Bugged When Opening Game

This has been going on for at least a week now, completely randomly my screen bounds keep extending beyond my screen, like my whole UI is zoomed in enough to completely cut off my bottom action bar (and more). Every time I start up the game this happens, the resolution drops and my screen gets super blurry and my screen zooms in. I can fix it temporarily by putting the game into windowed mode and then switching back to full-screen, but after closing the game and then opening it the next day the same thing happens. I had it fixed for a day by deleting the Cache folder in World of Warcraft files, but after encountering the new DC bug with this most recent patch (getting an error message saying “not enough storage” and the game crashes) it just happened to me again. I tried logging back into the game and it did the same screen bounds/resolution glitch again. PLEASE HELP, I’m so tired of this already. This has been a MASSIVE inconvenience.

Edit: Oh, and while y’all are at it, fix guild shirts and tabards too. It’s been 283 days and they’re STILL bugged.

2 Likes

Same thing happening to me! Saw this for the first time, today.

Dalaran server.

1 Like

this has been going on for months in my game . the flying vigor bar was top left corner and would zone out of sight … A true PAIN . I was so relieved when I finally gained the old world mount ability for use in dragon isles…

1 Like

Happening to me too, definitely some weird behavior recently with the recent patches.

I have two monitors and it seems to stretch the client window out over the two awkwardly. Changing to windowed mode then back to windowed fullscreen fixes it until i restart the game again.

1 Like

Can confirm.
Everything is ~ 1/2 inch past the edge of my screen.
UI Scale isn’t working properly either.
Trying to re-edit layout is causing elements to randomly move.

1 Like

also happening.

This sounds similar to what’s been happening to me since the 11.0.0 patch. Every time I launch the game, it’s in windowed fullscreen as expected… but the image is slightly off the bottom of the screen and everything is slightly blurry. I then EVER SINGLE TIME I launch the game, have to go into the graphics settings and all I do is switch it from 2560x1440 to “Default” which IS 2560x1440 and then it shifts fully onto the screen and is sharp and everything is fine. This never happened before TWW pre-patch, and it’s super obvious that it’s off-screen right as it does the login as the bottom text is off screen. The issue temporarily went away when 11.0.2 launched I believe, and I was super happy it was fixed… but it’s back to do doing it again now. Interestingly when taking a screenshot the screenshot shows black where it’s actually off-screen and the resolution of the image is 2576x1460 which would explain a lot if it’s launching it at that res instead of 2560x1440 as set in settings… it’s 16px off the right side and 20px off the bottom of the actual monitor. e.g. https://imgur.com/a/6RKWyD8

1 Like

Has anyone gotten a solution for this? I get game locking (rest of windows is fine) for 10 seconds at a time at least twice after logging into a character. Resolution flips from default to custom and back.

I don’t have this issue anymore but I’m not sure what permanently fixed it. I messed with settings, logged out and back in A LOT, etc. My best guess would be when this glitch happens change your game from fullscreen to windowed then back to fullscreen and should be ok temporarily, or like Medlir said just change the resolution. Once it’s temporarily fixed exit out of the game completely, wait for battle.net to also register that you’re not playing the game anymore (this can take a min) then once it’s fully closed and battle.net registers it as closed re-open it and hopefully it will keep the same settings. If it doesn’t keep the same settings just keep doing the same thing until it does keep the settings. That’s what I did and idk maybe if something else finally clicked or what but it’s been working for now. I haven’t had this glitch in weeks.

Since The War Within I’ve been running into the same issue. Although mine was not due to Nvidia overlay. Just recently I found that it was due to Awakened PoE running in the background while booting into WoW. I was able to reliably replicate the issue and each time after closing out of Awakened PoE in the system tray the problem went away. Hope this helps someone.

Looks like it may be related to any overlay.

Having the same issue since TWW pre-patch. Temporary fixes above work but the underlying issue has still not been solved.