Scourge...allied race?

If we can get customization from Scourge races, I just want to be a ghoul all the time.

1 Like

This is the Forsaken. You’re describing the Forsaken.

5 Likes

While it would be good to see customization options for the forsaken, the best thing for the game would be the creation of several ‘neutral’ factions of undead to form under powerful scourge overlords who vie for control of Azeroth.

2 Likes

Honestly this is probably how we “turn off” the rampaging undead in Azeroth, since, ya know, that’s supposedly still a thing.

Someone (probably Sylvanas, possibly Bolvar) will put on the crown and put the Scourge “to rest”.

My two cents anyway.

1 Like

The Crown’s been entirely repurposed and is currently worn by someone else altogether in 9.2. We can confirm this isn’t happening.

5 Likes

I would love to see more options for undead. Like a fresh undead that doesn’t look hunched over. I hate that hump. If they made them look like humans who are undead instead of what they look like.

There’s a good Forsaken customization megathread on GD.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. That’s uh… I guess just par for the course at this point.

I mean San’layn in the Horde can still be a thing. I’d be surprised if Blood Prince Dreven and his followers were the very last ones remaining on Azeroth. I guess it’s possible that some individuals might have managed to integrate the ranks of the Horde in BfA nonetheless… we’ll see.

If the members of the current Scourge do regain their minds and freedom then the matter of what they will decide to do with it will need to be adressed yes. They might build an independant faction of their own. They might also join the Horde because it has sort of become a shelter for people like them.
They can join the Horde lorewise by integrating the Forsaken society and not become playable, that would be totally ok (that would bolster the ranks of the Forsaken and make up for the fact that they can’t reproduce and can’t raise new ones anymore, by the way).
If they do become playable, the fact that they’re composed of various races is not a problem : only one of them would join the playable cast (maybe Banshees, or Liches, or undead Vrykul/Trolls/Elves, or even Abominations…). That’s already the case with other subfactions - not all Forsaken are undead Humans, just as not all Mag’har are Orcs. That’s also what would likely happen with the Unshackled if they become playable at some point, lorewise the entire group would join the Horde but we obviously wouldn’t play as Makrura, Sea Giants or Murlocs, we’d play as Gilgoblins.

That being said, I don’t think playable Scourge is a good idea, tbh.

it could be you get the vampire elves going to one faction and the undead trolls (Drakari?) going to another faction? Don’t both dabble in necromancy? Could finally get a necrotic class lots of people have always wanted? Kinda would make sense to get a new class (hero or non-hero) after Shadowlands dealing with death magic?

I just foresee Blizzard going all out for 10.0 with new classes and races…new gimmicks or improved gimmicks? Or no gimmicks (which I think would be a breathe of fresh air from the usual AP grind…)

but the forsaken are no more. With no more Valkyr to raise the fallen, the Forsaken is a doomed race, literally.

1 Like

And the scourge that you’re referring to are now mindless drones eating and killing anything living in front of them.

Tell us how that’ll work out for ya.

Cries in Forsaken

The Scourge must be destroyed. For Lordaeron!

2 Likes

IDK. Have you played World of Warcraft lately?

I think it’s much more likely we get a hyped up version of more of the same.

Necromancy exists, chief. Also if they were a doomed race, you wouldn’t exactly be able to play as them, would you? The Forsaken’s original method of “reproducing” was just freeing undead from the Scourge’s control and restoring their lucidity - what you’re describing is that.

You’re confusing your goofy headcanon for canon again, Mythas.

3 Likes

so basically the forsaken?

1 Like

I want Alliance affiliated Forsaken.

1 Like

You think you do, but you don’t!!

Don’t you have phones?

1 Like

I mean… Depending on how you spec your death knight…

1 Like