Scourge Event Nerfed - Thank You

Thank you for nerfing the Scourge event pre-patch event. It was complete mayhem when the event first launched but it now seems like it will no longer be a problem when the event goes live. Before, players were able to grief other players very easily making the experience very un-fun for those who just want to play the game like it’s meant to be played. Here are some of the changes from the most recent event:

• Zombies now instantly die if they fall from higher than 10 yards. Jumping on an incline will deal 20% of their maximum health in damage.

• Ghoul NPCs only stay alive for around a minute, with a maximum unconfirmed spawn cap of 14 zombies.

• Ghoul NPCs can no longer attack either players or NPCs, so no more unwanted turning into zombies.

• Players can only attack Ghoul NPCs if they are PvP flagged.

These are amazing changes. Thank you Blizzard.

43 Likes

Whiners got a fun event nerfed to the point where it might as well not be there.

The first time around it was amazing. It was chaotic, stupid fun. But some players just want to pick flowers, mine ore, and level their 28th alt instead of actually experiencing a limited time game event.

So I strongly disagree with you. They should have left it the way it was but only make it in Warmode or something, so those opposed wouldn’t have to deal with it. Or include several safe cities where all Scourge are instantly neutralized.

Edit: Made the last paragraph message more focused.

469 Likes

Dumb

Dumber

Dumbest

124 Likes

They did too much imo. The most they should have done was an opt-in which they did but the other stuff is too much

30 Likes

Alternatively, griefers overloaded servers (that many zombies in combat) and prevented other players from testing other parts of the pre-patch.

Of those two, I’m betting it’s the first that was more important.

11 Likes

They sucked the fun out of it to cater to you making a thread like this, OP.

I really hope you’re proud of it.

The event is meaningless now. So moving on.

132 Likes

Should have just made it War Mode only.

43 Likes

:man_shrugging: The event is still interesting and fun. It’s just not possible to grief players anymore.

10 Likes

UNEXPECTED CHALLENGE IN GAMING AREA.

ThAnk YoU blIZZ AmAzInG ChAnGes

14 Likes

realistically, testers were asked to push the limits of the event.

22 Likes

Wanted I wanted to log into:

vs reality pre patch day

70 Likes

That was a solution I’ve mentioned in the past but I’m okay with the solution Blizzard provided. Either way I’m grateful they are listening to us.

4 Likes

That’s it.

42 Likes

Booooooooo

54 Likes

No fun allowed. Nothing to see here, please move along.

23 Likes

At least they phoned in the armor sets too, so it’ll be easy to just ignore the whole thing now.

20 Likes

No fun allowed .

22 Likes

I’m not sure what was fun about grieving other players. The event wasn’t that great to begin with. Would much rather have event similar to legion pre patch

10 Likes

Your mog is sick. +1

Because everyone was zombies, the world was chaos, and your friends would betray and murder you for a cheap laugh.
But some people just want the bubble wrap experience of safety. The days where someone could kite a literal raid boss into Orgrimmar were hilarious and fantasic. The zombie event was great for similar reasons.

61 Likes

Because everyone was zombies, the world was chaos, and your friends would betray and murder you for a cheap laugh.

But some people just want the bubble wrap experience of safety. The days where someone could kite a literal raid boss into Orgrimmar were hilarious and fantasic. The zombie event was great for similar reasons.

24 Likes