/Say and /Emote bugged for people that don't have Dragonflight

Within Remix, the bug doesn’t exist, no. My friend who doesn’t have Dragonflight can use the chat functions normally ONLY in Remix mode. In the base game it’s still bugged.

1 Like

It’s been an issue since Remix mode dropped, unfortunately :frowning: there’s some chatter on the EU forums about it, but the US side of things hasn’t gotten any attention.

1 Like

Well. Here’s hoping this actually gets fixed with the reset.

Fingers crossed, hope springs eternal, etc.

This is the kind of thing I’m afraid of. I hate to see that.

We thought that someone else was lagging, or had disconnected. Turned out they had thought we were just ignoring them.

It is impossible to overstate how big a problem this is for RP communities.

It hasn’t been. Just tested. :confused:

Sigh

I noticed that earlier, as well. I had held out some hope that maybe because I just hopped on to logging in as soon as the servers were online, maybe I had missed something.

But, yeah. We’re still back here. Can’t help but feel a little ignored.

Why would they rush to fix it, anyway? The bug is solved by purchasing the latest expansion… They’ll probably push it to the backburner for as long as they can. Or they’ll keep it as a feature. :woozy_face: I know a few people who have caved and bought War Within already because of this.

I get that it’s kind of a niche thing, but…I don’t see this going forward as a feature. Just because it’s so…weird.

It wouldn’t do anything to players from level 1 - 60. It wouldn’t stop people flooding Trade, or sending unsolicited whispers, or doing anything else like that. And it seems like it’s targeting specifically roleplayers. Most people don’t really talk in /say or /emote, for example.

Flooding Trade Chat. A lot of pointless stuff in your BG window. Weird whispers.

This does nothing to address that. So…that’s why I don’t think it’s a feature.

But, again, because it’s so specific, I…part of me isn’t surprised that it’s not exactly getting the kind of traction that other issues get.

Because this is the thread I first came to get information from? I should let people know that there was a response from a ‘Blue’ in the EU forums, regarding this gamebreaking thing.

In short, there was a hotfix deployed on the 6th, but this might require a realm restart.

Just because I know people hate being kept in the dark.

This seems to have resolved, with today’s restart.

I am now able to see my friend’s words.

Huzzah.