Save the Date! BlizzCon is Coming November 3-4

Vacation is on my calendars! I cannot wait :tada: :+1: :beers: :smiley_cat: :clap:

Would be neat to go.

RIP 10.3. Well, it was never happening in the first place but RIP those who were dreaming of it.

1 Like

Why do you think this means no 3rd major patch

So true. There’s so much love for all the voice actors across the company.

2 Likes

Because I don’t think they will want to unveil the next expansion while the current one doesn’t even have its final patch out. They also used to release expansions during the summer IIRC and feel like they might try to get back to that.

1 Like

3 Likes

Only one I can remember is mop. They usually come out in november i believe. Someone can check that.

Idk about that lmao. DF did not sell well right? Blizzard needs some hype

DF did not sell well hence them wanting to move to the next quickly.

4 Likes

I remember WoD breaking sales records, but it ended up being cut short.

I hate how the company seems to think initial sales are the only way to indicate success.

Pretty sure Legion or MoP didn’t make peak sales but those ended up being really, really good expansions in hindsight.

Legion introduced us to the Mythic system, World Quests, and Allied Races, and had really good lore.

MoP had a new class with Monks, good lore, and perhaps the best catch-up content with Timeless Isle and Isle of Giants/Isle of Thunder.

5 Likes

Where on the East Coast is this being held?

1 Like

And why would the next expansion sell any better? The disaster that was Shadowlands, combined with the huge amount of controversies, more and more people just kept quitting WoW. And DF certainly didn’t fix that.

The next expansion would have to be gigantic to remedy that and I just don’t see it happening.

6 Likes

Technically it is. That’s where they make most of their money iirc.

Yeah but sub count continued to drop all throughout mop pretty sure.

West coast my dude.

Why tho. You cancelled ow2 campaign, diablo4 gonna be out for months already, nobody cares about hearthstone. Starcraft is dead and forgotten. Just new wow expansion teaser?

2 Likes

It’s true for the whole of WoW now, there are ‘tourist’ players that come and check out the initial new stuff and leave, every expansion.

Folks that don’t even buy a sub outside of the box including 30 days.

Sometimes there are resurgences for patches, but this is extremely rare these days.

1 Like

OMG I hope they announce another phone game as their headliner.

4 Likes

You joke, but Arclight Rumble is definitely going to be one of the big highlights

3 Likes

May God or whatever other higher power exists out there help the poor suckers doing any Overwatch panels.

7 Likes

table flip

2 Likes