Saturday morning cartoons

What was your morning cartoon shows before school or on the weekends?

4 Likes

Looney Tunes. :grin:

19 Likes

I can remember waking up early to watch the magic school bus around 2nd / 3rd grade. That’s the only show I can really remember watching besides Cartoon Network/looney toons.

1 Like

My mainstays on Saturday mornings were Scooby-Doo, Superfriends, and Laff-a-Lympics.

After school (and a couple years later) I lived on a steady diet of Star Blazers, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and He-Man.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

It took over 20 years before anybody matched Challenge of the Superfriends, in terms of superhero cartoons.

3 Likes

I don’t remember… gargoyles for sure.

6 Likes

Batman: The Animated Series, DuckTales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck

6 Likes

He-man/She-Ra Power hour, GI Joe, and Transformers.

2 Likes

Starblazers! yessss

6 Likes

Too many to list. Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s during the golden age of cartoons. When they were still good.

10 Likes

Only had access to over-the-air ABC and PBS growing up, so weekday morning cartoons weren’t a thing for me.

We did get Saturday morning cartoons on ABC though, which over the course of the 90s included titles like:

• Recess
  • Pepperann
  • Doug
  • Captain Planet
  • Addams Family
  • Free Willy
  • Sonic
  • ReBoot
  • The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
  • Goof Troop
  • Darkwing Duck
3 Likes

The Flintstones - A lesson in life.

4 Likes

I did not watch really many shows in the morning. For me, these were the top:

Power Rangers
Doug
Rocko’s Modern Life
Animaniacs
Batman Animated Series
Magic School Bus
Captain Planet
Sonic
and DBZ on Cartoon Network.

Was Freakazoid its own show?

3 Likes

It was a short run, but I loved watching Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot. Otherwise, I really enjoyed Transformers and Power Rangers. (Although there weren’t many cartoons that I didn’t like, now that I think about it…)

1 Like

Back in the 1970’s and 80’s… hic!

1 Like
7 Likes

it wasnt my favorite but its all that comes to mind…

4 Likes

Looney tunes, Tom & Jerry, Mighty Mouse, Underdog, Roadrunner & Coyote.

Eventually Scooby-do & Flinstones

4 Likes

I’ll just use this as an excuse to drop these:

3 Likes

My childhood was in the 1960s and 70s. Saturday mornings for me was Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny Roadrunner show, Jetsons, and Fat Albert. I watched the Star Trek cartoon and Superfriends sometimes also. Then at noon, American Bandstand and Soul Train!

There were also a few live action shows like Shazam and Isis. If I got up early enough, there was Ultraman, a Japanese show dubbed in English about a superhero that battled Godzilla-type monsters. He was an ordinary guy with this special pen in his shirt pocket. He would hold it up and push a button and became 60 feet tall! Good stuff!

Remember when there would be a preview on tv of all the new cartoons every autumn? I think it was on Friday night before the premiere the following Saturday. I always looked forward to that. Channels like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon would have been a dream come true for me as a kid. But then I probably wouldn’t have the fond memories of Saturday mornings that I have now.

5 Likes

Aerobics oz style
Followed by
Cheese tv - DBZ and Pokémon

The aussies know :sweat_smile:

1 Like