Sapphiron Icebolt Wearing off Before Frost Breath

Today we had an instance where the first Icebolt wore off a few seconds before Frost Breath during Sapphiron, killing the Icebolted person, and all hiding behind him.

First Icebolt = 51 seconds
Second Icebolt = 56 seconds
Third Icebolt = 60 seconds
Fourth Icebolt = 64 seconds
Fifth Icebolt = 69 seconds
First Icebolt Fades = 76 seconds (25 seconds after cast)
Frost Breath = 78 seconds

This does not seem like intended behavior.

5 Likes

This happened to me on raid too, seems like a bug and not intended behavior to roll the dice that an ice block may not be safe.

3 Likes

I know this is 23 days old, but this exact scenario happened to us this evening after we spent an hour re-world buffing for our last pull of the night. Very demoralizing. Unfortunate to see that this can happen. We have tons of attempts with tons of ice blocks in the last few weeks and we’ve never seen this.

I guess it’s just a very rare occurrence that the Frost Breath can be delayed enough to kill the 1st Ice Block.

1 Like

I am not #nochanges so I am not arguing this shouldn’t be fixed, but this same bug occurred sporadically in 2006 Naxx.

Haha, fair point. It just feels so wrong. I think the fact that the Ice Block has a timer to begin with is a little weird since the block is destroyed by Frost Breath anyways. Do you think it’s because the devs were worried that 1% of the time Frost Breath would not break the ice block? So they wanted people to be able to get out of it? I would think that if Frost Breath can be delayed 1% of the time, it’s kinda uncool that the core mechanic of the fight gets broken like that. Do we start not getting behind the 1st ice block? Just seems so weird.

I guess we as players just don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes well enough regarding frost breath timing to understand what’s causing it to get delayed.

1 Like

Kinda strange they made the timing so close… I mean could they not just make Icebolt last 40s (instead of 25) and this would never occur?

1 Like