Sap spam macro

Hey fellow backstabbers

I been getting into PvP and when it comes to a a other steathy I just keep spamming tab target and sap but they way I am keybound makes that awkward to do. So once I get attacked or open on someone, it’s takes a second or 2 to get my hands back to their positions for my rotation.

Just looking for a simple spam macro to sap another person in stealth

Thank you ahead of time

2 Likes

#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [harm, nodead] sap
/stopattack

10 Likes

That will work thank you! Now I have a advantage in that double blind version of marco polo lol

1 Like

I’ve actually been having issues with sap that never happened prior to S2 of BFA.

For example, I’ve got Sap [@Arena1] 2, and 3 Bound. For spamming that super fast sap in arena when it tells you which slot is the enemy target.

I bound these out of necessity in Legion, when I starting losing a majority of my “Sap Battles” in arena. (Vast Majority, like 90% of them. And I’ve been spamming sap macros for more than 10 years. I’m practiced.)

it got to the point where actually targeting them and hitting sap manually was more reliable than my macro, so I switched to Sap 123.

I digress.

Sap Arena123 now has become unreliable. I followed a druid in stealth across the BEM bridge. Like I COULD SEE HIM. Spamming the sap for him, nothing happened.

The same with enemy rogues, who I’ll see visibly, but Sapping @their arena slot, once again, does nothing.

Even more infuriating, it DOES work. A druid sat down to drink and stealthed to cover it. So when I was nearby I danced, and spammed the sap for his slot. It worked. He got sapped.

Why is it so inconsistent? I never had a single issue using these macros until s2 of BFA.

Why do none of my sap macros (I still have spammable.) have any consistency in BFA? It’s actually more reliable for me to sap manually as though I didn’t have a macro.

1 Like

I’m not sure I can help Varick.

I use the Macro I posted every day in WPVP and in BG’s. It works perfectly except for one thing, you can’t have your target-targeted. I only used for sapping players in stealth.

I use another Sap to sap players not in stealth.

Edit: I may have changed this macro several months ago because I was having problems. I’ll check my other Rogues that I haven’t been playing to see of they have an older macro on them.

@ Varick

I’ve used this macro for many years and has always worked faithfully.

/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap

However, I have noticed recently where I can see a stealthed player (rogue or druid) due to proximity and the macro sometimes does not target them.

I passed it off as latency. Maybe Blizzard changed something.

Edit: After thinking about it some more. I remember the other day I was spamming the macro on a Hunter that I could see. He might have been using Camouflage or Shadow Meld. I could not land the sap and he spotted me before I could a Cheapshot off.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the issue with the sap macro but I’m going to guess based on my limited experience in 3’s arena.

If you set someone as a focus and they make you lose target (vanish, stealth, smoke bomb,etc) after the match begins then you have to reset the focus (right click their name) in order for the macro to work. At least that is the way it’s working for me using Gladius.

Good luck and I hope this is the issue and the fix,

I’ve always used the clear target macro and I’d say I win most of my sap battles.

I’m really hating how dumb stealth can be though. My partner will be sapped and he will be like”HES RIGHT IN TOP OF YOU” and I can’t see him at all just like :man_shrugging:

2 Likes