San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

sits in my ‘gnolls would be cool too if they got updates’ corner

6 Likes

Was even better when I had them both mogged like this:

3 Likes

Lich seems odd let’s just randomly add Sethrak since one of the conduit people’s is one.

3 Likes

Saberon!

5 Likes

Yeah I support Sethrak more than Lich myself, they make more sense as playable in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t know that about the conduit people though.

4 Likes

The only megathread I can particular think of (apologies if I have forgotten anyone) would be the Jinyu/Ankoan one by Rorrand, who I think is still around on the forums:

It hasn’t had too much activity lately, but still worth mentioning.

Gnomest is in the process of making a new Gilblin megathread, since the OP of the last one has stopped posting. I’ll make sure to mention it when it gets posted.

There was originally a combo Arakkoa/Ogre megathread that was replaced by someone else with a full-on Arakkoa megathread, but the OP had to quit playing the game and hasn’t returned in awhile. It has sadly been inactive for awhile.

Other than that, I can’t think of any other megathreads (again, apologies if I forgot anyone!) I’ve seen some pop up awhile ago and sadly fizzle out quickly. It’s not easy to set up a megathread, let alone keeping up support for it.

There was kinda a Saberon megathread, but it wasn’t named as such and died off some time ago. I see people mentioning wanting Saberon here and there, and I actually would like Saberon playable myself. If you ever decide to go for it, I’ll be sure to support it. :cat:

I’ll be sure to link my new Ogre megathread when I can get it up and running. Honestly, Ogres and Saurok are the two races I could passionately do the work for and maintain megathreads for. I don’t think I could handle more than that, and it wouldn’t do other races I want to an extent any justice to spread myself thin.

It’s good to see people working together in their race requests. It’s what I like to see around here, as arguing about taking up slots, being viewed as competing with others, and getting yelled at for wanting a particular race playable is no fun at all. I prefer to support each other and celebrate when we get new races people really want.

Anyway, with any luck, people will get the races they want playable and we’ll all get to play with each other as them. :smiley:

6 Likes

Yas! And if people object to AU cat people (they shouldn’t) then the troll tigons would make sense too. I’d prefer Saberon though.

3 Likes

I’ll try and start the thread tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don’t have TL3 so I can’t post all the images for examples I’d like to.

4 Likes

Rorrand is still around, he just doesn’t post often.

His stuff is great though, he’s one of my faves.

If you’d like, I’m happy to design the post for you, I just don’t want to actually post it, since I’d get some nerds who don’t want ogres to happen associating me with that post and I wouldn’t want that, since some can be spiteful and I post in threads that aren’t race related semi-frequently.

Zuro here btw, here is my first post on my Alliance character I’ll do furbolg with.

First post if we exclude some older ones I deleted since I didn’t care for them much.

3 Likes

OH gods Quillboar is another race I really want. A Furbolg for Alliance and Quillboar for Horde would make my fricken year!

3 Likes

That’s no orc…

8 Likes

Void elf warlock allows me to play the fantasy of an emo teenager in game, so I can more or less cameo myself.

Orc warlock is more metal, which is still a good pick, but less like me irl.

4 Likes

That’s fair :stuck_out_tongue: I love the Void Elf look myself, still meh that blood elves didn’t get void elf hairstyles without the tentacles >:( I do have a void elf myself that I got art for.

Kinda like me with the cute and cuddly Vulpera I love so much, they’re SO ADORABLE!

(Yup same armor set as Falls, buuuut can’t mog glasses.)

2 Likes

I would kill for these two de-tentacle’d ones to become available to blood elves and void elves.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, same here for sure. (Bet I’d confuse people if I posted on my paladin more. I’m sure you all know who I am even though I’m now on yet another character.)

4 Likes

Posting on one of my non-orcs would be confusing enough to most people I bet.

3 Likes

I’m actually planning to play with four characters for each of the covenants in Shadowlands in case they do have a new race of some sort to unlock. It’s also to see the story as a champion of each one since, and I know this sounds silly, I don’t really like betraying a faction I’ve worked with. It’s kinda how I have a character for Frenzyheart and Oracles in WotLK instead of doing one to exalted and getting their unique goodies and then switching to the other.

I’m happy to hear that. He has done a lot of work for his megathread and checking out things with each of the BfA patches. I hope he continues to work on his megathread, as Jinyu/Ankoan are one of my most wanted races. I also want Hozen to go with it too. :fish: :monkey:

3 Likes

Hozen suffer from the same thing vulpera suffer from, people look at looks and aesthetic and then go “Wow what a stupid race”.

Hozen are cooler than most people give them credit for and fit Horde perfectly.

I think I’m in a minority boat that wants them to be separate like green and Mag’har orcs.

4 Likes

Just five more posts…

2 Likes

Orcs use to have browns and yellows, if I remember correctly, but they got removed from what I’m guessing was the entrance for Mag’har. I remember because I always thought “Who wants to be a yellow orc?”, lol. Kind of miss those colors now since Mag’har didn’t get them.

4 Likes