San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Thanks for the cheers!

They are pretty much dead. With Blood Prince Dreven death it was said their threat was eliminated. If you want vampires, wait for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2. They aren’t elves BUT there are the Kiyasd, which are fae/vampires. Not that you will be able to play one as they are rare as hell, and Sabbat, BUT they at least exist…

pretty sure dreven was just an envoy sent to establish relations with the horde in zandalar. stopping him and his entourage this attempt definitely wasnt the last of the san’layn

these guys are gonna be so much fun when they finally become a horde AR!

7 Likes

They are gone. It was established they were the last of the San’layn and their threat was ended.

Just reiterating my support for San’layn as a Horde allied race! Bring on the vampires!

5 Likes

Link to me exactly where it was said that they were the “last of the San’layn”? Because you keep saying that over and over without any proof at all. There’s still two missing Blood Princes and Dreven came out of nowhere making new San’layn.

I get that you might not want them but making stuff up is kinda silly. So as I said. Source for the “last of the San’layn” claim please. I mean a SOLID source. Because thus far none of the voice lines have indicated anything of the sort, and twisting it won’t cut it.

If you mean “Ending the San’layn threat” as a questline… clears throat

1. Was never once established that means “extinct”.
  2. Shandris was ending the threat of what she saw. There were a bunch of ships, one of which had San’layn upon it. Never once did it say EVERY LAST ONE was on there.
  3. Would any intelligent and tactical planner have every single last member of their race all in one place in the middle of the ocean with no protection? That just sounds utterly stupid and San’layn are far from stupid.
5 Likes

I appreciate the kind words, although as I said, what I write isn’t perfect. A lot of writing inspiration comes from the two scenarios I wrote for Ogres in the Ogre megathread, one for them as an allied race and one for them as a new regular race complete with pre-expansion events and Ogre newbie questlines. I felt creative when I thought about what I wanted to see with the San’layn questline, and so I thought and typed.

The other comes from eventually wanting to write some stories involving my characters, inspired from watching D&D campaigns. That and Warcraft does not have a lot of media based on just adventurers, usually instead focusing on established lore characters.

That said, I’m going to leave a fun mental image. An Ogre with their hands clasped together with a dopey smile on their face and blinking eyes looking at a San’layn with their arms crossed.

San’layn: For the last time! I will NOT turn into a bat so you fly in the air on me!

1 Like

That sounds neat! Feel free to link your post on there here and I’ll read it; I can check it out on my own as well when I’m free too though ^^

True, but there’s always roleplay; do you roleplay in game? It’s a ton of fun with the right people for sure.

This made me giggle :stuck_out_tongue: I will say it’ll be fun to see ogre characters as a roleplayer. I think my main (Falls) who’s a San’layn rockstar (think Blight Boar style music) would be thrilled to hang out and learn about them since she’s the opposite of xenophobic. (Yeah I don’t play my elves like people do typically, not my style hahaha).

3 Likes

I’m unsure if I can just URL them directly, and if I just quote them, they’ll be larger than elephants forming a human pyramid on their hind legs. I don’t want to take away from this thread. I’m sure I annoy others by mentioning Ogres a lot, anyway. ^^;

I’m not much of a role player mostly because it takes a lot of time for me to think on a scenario, type it out, examine it, and change it as needed. It’s hard for me to write things on the spot in a timely manner, and I wouldn’t want to keep others waiting on me.

Doing even light role-play as an Ogre is immensely fun. Typing out in broken English and just liking to smash stuff is a bit more involved and fun than you would think. A lot of that comes from when I played Everquest 1 with my Ogre Berserker and my Troll Beastlord, who this character I am on is based on.

Elfie want learn bout Ogres? Ok, ok, dis be how ta Ogre. First, Ogre dip-low-ma-see. We Ogres learn dis very important lesson by taking dis giant club. Den, and dis be important part, take dah sharpest un pointy spike yoo can find, den hamma spike into bashin’ club. Dat Ogre dip-low-ma-see!

One of my Blood Elves is a Monk that shunned the academics and she just learned how to punch stuff. My Blood Elf Mage is more typical, and she is good friends with the Monk despite there being a contrast between them.

1 Like

This gets even between when you factor in Forsaken Flight Masters.

Me: Quickly, to Silverpine! tosses gold and jumps on the bat

San’layn: WHAT THE-

Forsaken FM: Huh, knew I was counting one extra.

3 Likes

tbf, i dont remember this line. even if it was said, which i dont believe it was, they would clearly be referring to the current san’layn presence in zandalar and not the san’layn as a species at large :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah there’s a little link symbol that would directly lead to the post you’re wanting to show ^^ like the post itself. Not just the topic. Also I’m sure we all appreciate your enthusiasm and aren’t sick of your talking about ogres so no worries at all! The exchange of ideas is important. I wish you were the OP of that megathread, it’s too bad I sincerely dislike that guy and therefore won’t contribute more.

Makes sense! Well if ever you change your mind, you definitely have the creative component for it :slight_smile:

Fall’s: giggles “That sounds awesome! Reminds me of my HACKIN AND SLASHIN with my axe. Too cool, too fun. You folk are great.”

Haha reminds me of my pally and DK friend pair. This toon is good friends with my grumpy belf pally.

2 Likes

Well, since it was requested, I’ll quick link a few and see if I can figure it out.

Ogre Allied Race Questline

Supplemental Allied Questline 1

Supplemental Allied 2

Ogre Contest Games

Ogre Full Race Pre-Expansion Event

New Race Supplemental 1

New Race Supplemental 2

Newbie Ogre Questline

I think I got all the important ones. I will admit, I feel a bit odd doing this as I don’t want to derail the thread with another race’s content, though. ^^;

That said, let’s get back to the San’layn! I’ve been having Dreven antagonizing Sylvanas in my scenario, but if he does that to her…then how would he address the Alliance?

Dreven: My my, if it isn’t the “daughter of the sea!” And such a fitting title, too, given how washed up you are!

Dreven: Did you know that he (Arthas) mentioned you from time to time? Oh yes, it seems that even as the Lich King, he still carried a torch for you somewhere in that dark abyss within him. I wonder if he’ll feel the same if Sylvanas got a hold of his body…I’m sure the reunion would go just as well as with your dear brother! Maybe your dragon-boy (Kalec) would love to be a part of that!

Oh the possibilities are going to be ever so much fun!

2 Likes

That was my favorite part when I did the alliance campaign!!! LOL

3 Likes

You need to accept they are gone or at the very least not becoming a playable race. Vulpera are far more likely for Horde.

You do know vulpera are a completely different allied race slot, it isn’t a competition between the two lmao

2 Likes

So your answer is no, you have no source. Got it.

Also when did I ever imply that I don’t want Vulpera? It isn’t a competition. Vulpera are far more likely than anyone on the table right now and I do want them too. Almost as much as San’layn, actually.

We’re going to ask for the race we would like to see. Saying “you need to do this” or that isn’t going to stop us especially when there’s no proof of your claim and we’ve countered it quite a bit.

(Responding to Baz soon)

3 Likes

Sorry if you’ve answered this before. But is it implied that there are any sanlayn still alive after the alliance slaughtered them?

I fully support this thread. I would just find it kind of odd if more sanlayn just popped out of nowhere. (I mean we did get void elves after all)

1 Like

You haven’t countered it at all. “Blood Prince Dreven is here, and the situation’s even worse than we thought. That monster’s training other San’layn. Every neophyte you see on this ship is another future Blood Prince Dreven. His vile practices cannot be allowed to spread within the Horde. We’re going to tear the San’layn out, right now, root and all.” You seem to forget this line from the quest. Also, there are less San’layn out there than even High Elves and you think they will become a playable race?

I would suggest they have more likeliness. Seeing as they are part of the blood elf race. SImilar to dranei, tauren, orc and human allied races.

They are one of the most wanted races for horde…
Playing undead elves is just what our warchief is. Think about it we can’t play the race of our warchief? I think not.

As for timing. They will probably be released at the end of this expansion or the next or more. Why do I say this? Because they would need death knights as playable and they already said that heroclasses will not be available to allied races in BFA.

2 Likes