Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Robe? How do you buy this?

I can not work out how to get the “Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Robe” … none the links on wowhead have comments saying how you actually do it.

I ran IceCrown and have the marks “Conqueror’s Mark of Sanctification” … and the vendor sells “Crimson Acolyte Robe”…

So… how though? You can just buy the Crimson Acolyte Robe… so I have that… and I have the Marks… I think I need to upgrade stuff, but I can not work out how…

Any ideas how this works? It is like to upgrade to the white robe… you need them sanctified, but how do you get them in the first place?

Look a bit further in the vendor listings for the sanctified version that you purchase that shows the token and the other robe as currency. You can hover over the items needed as currency to ensure you have the correct items. Basically you are trading the one you purchased along with the token to buy the new one. If you are unable to purchase, make sure you’re buying the correct one. Sometimes there are slight variations in stats and I think there are a couple different versions of each piece. It sounds like you have the right pieces and know which one you need, so just look for the sanctified robe on the vendor. You can also trade the items at certain vendors in Dalaran.

Yeah… but this is where I am stuck…

I already have the “Crimson Acolyte Robe”… and I already have the “Conqueror’s Mark of Sanctification”… but I can not find anyway to make the “Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Robe”

There are two items with the exact same name… "Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Robe

One is this white one… the one I want, and the other is the only you linked which is sorta redish.

WowHead lists both robes… but they do not apear to be in the vendor at all?

Ah I see! I apologize for the mix-up. It is rather confusing in general. So it looks like the red one is for normal difficulty and the white one is heroic. So I think you would use a normal token and gold to purchase the base robe which would get the reddish one I linked above, but then you would use the reddish “sanctified” one and a heroic token to purchase the white version. It makes no sense to me that they use the same exact name for both difficulties. If you look at the comments on the marks, it looks like some people are trying to break down how it works, but it is complicated no matter what haha. The name of the tokens is the same but the icon for them is different. I’m not sure if that helps at all :frowning:
This is the heroic token:

Here is the normal one:

Regarding not being at the vendor, though, is very odd if they are not showing. Have you scrolled all the way to the end or made sure your filters are set properly? I know I have this robe, so I recall seeing it on the vendor at one point.

1 Like

This is exactly the problem… I have been running Heroic Icecrown for Invincible… and only have the Heroic Coins…

I installed a mod called “Compact Vendor”… it had a much easier to see UI that allowed me to find the correct robes as well as making it clear the icons are different. So that 100% confirms your post.

So… I need to run Icecrown on Normal… to get the base coins… do I need to run 10 Man? You wouldn’t happen to know how I can get these lower coins and if I am able to run normal AND run Heroic for the mount grind?

Heroic is supposed to drop lower tokens as well as heroic, but I don’t know if they are dropping correctly. Read your tokens very carefully before selling them.

Take a look at the loot tables of 10 /10H ICC–there are some appearances (and a pet) that are unique to that size that you might want anyway.

1 Like

I think you’re right about the lower ones dropping in heroic as I had not often run normal and still have this appearance. My attempts at farming Icecrown were usually with a friend and the drops were so all over the place, I never kept track of how or what I was getting! I did recently go back to run normal for the Drudge Ghoul pet since that only drops from Lich King on normal. I agree the best bet is to look at the loot tables on the various difficulties to see what the best option might be.

I don’t think the mount drops in anything other than heroic 25, though, and you can’t do both normal and heroic in one week on the same character for that raid.

OK great thanks guys… the issue was that I only had the higher tier marks… I have not looted the lower ones but as I am sure to do like 100 icecrows I am bound to pick them up… thanks again for all the help

It is hella stoooopid that they have the same name and same tooltip… only the icon is different and that is hard to see on 4K monitors in default loot window.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help! Having the same name does not help matters any, that’s for sure. I have a high res monitor, too, and I had to scale my UI up in graphics settings because I got tired of everything being so small haha. I would recommend checking that out, too!

I ended up using a mod called Compact Vendor. It made it very clear what the problem was and has a ton of cool extra filters like “unknown transmogs” and stuff. If I was using that from the start this thread would not exist.

Yeah, I kinda want to do the ui scale thing as well, but I’m a heavy mod user and have a home made UI made with all these adones, like Dominoes for buttons for example. I do not want to scale everything and have to redo my UI lol.

1 Like

I will check that out, thanks! I imagine redoing that UI would not be fun. Don’t forget to have a backup of your addons while you’re at it haha :slight_smile: Good luck on your mog hunting!

1 Like