San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

You’d think they’d be used to that kind of stuff. We’ve had undead running around alliance cities for years now, as well as demons, and stuff like that. :stuck_out_tongue:
Now even those that are void infused.

I’d still really like to see San’layn added.

3 Likes

The red version of the new priest set would look pretty good on a san’layn character.

Maybe on a san’layn ambassador hanging out in Silvermoon.

4 Likes

They’re literally already playable.
People just refuse to accept it because it’s not good enough for an extreme vocal minority.

Rest of us are happy and running around in game enjoying it.
Ain’t nobody’s problem but the people who cried “it makes no sense!” when people explained it did the “hair styles” are Alliance exclusive.

Imgur

Ear shape? Short and almost bat like.
Hair? Gothic.
Skin? Pale dead.
Eyes? Red.

:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

This world be excellent and serve well if linked back to Drevans first attempt to join the Horde even.

It would also give story support and be an excellent chance to expand San’layn lore while they region the Horde, giving us more on the factions the San’layn have split into.

Either way when they add actual San’layn options I hope they include story to explain it so we don’t have odd questions hanging out about some of them like we did with the Dark Ranger options.

There are so many races ready right now to join they playable ranks alone based on already being a part of each faction even…

San’layn for the Horde! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Not really. The Darkfallen appearance that was added aren’t San’layn. They are undead elves, but not vampire elves.

4 Likes

There are all kinds of awesome storyline opportunities to work with having San’layn join the Horde. It’s one of the big reasons I became a huge supporter of them as a playable race.

This is one of several reasons I’d prefer San’layn to be their own race.

I know I’ve grumbled about this before many times in great detail, but I’ll grumble about it again. I feel like if they add them in customization options, it’ll be announced on some PowerPoint Slide with little fanfare or in-game presence, let alone showing them officially joining the Horde.

It’ll effectively just be Blood Elves LARPing as them instead of actually feeling like they are their own race. As well as red eyes only being locked on one Darkfallen skin that can’t be used on Death Knights still. Just disappointments and empty feelings all around as a customization race.

As I said, if I ever get on that Community Council, I will address the treatment Customzation Races have gotten and how to better implement them. Maybe I should start working on that thesis paper just in case. Until then, I’ll keep being all grumble-grumble about it so some form of feedback exists.

-Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes

I would love to see them work with the dark animus and possibly step towards flesh shaping.

3 Likes

With Yrel and her Lightbound coming in Azeroth soon, the San’layn could give to the Horde a new power to fight the Holy Light of the Lightbound with the blood magic or the death magic. They could even create new San’layn to fight them.

3 Likes

Something about the San’layn fighting the Lightbound is fitting. Especially considering all the conversations we’ve had about our…less then stellar feelings on Lightforged Undead as a concept.

It would definitely be quite the contrast to see them take a bigger role to help out against the Lightbound. Granted, a lot will depend on what would be done with the Lightbound in general, but definitely some great possibilities when it comes to storylines.

9 Likes

Diablo 4 beta’s vampires made me think that Azeroth needs it’s vampires. Maybe one day we will get our own Dracula.

My vote is for Kael’thas to fill that role one day.

The horde could certainly use a powerful character, especially a caster.

6 Likes

I don’t mind that concept at all. Have him return and gather some of the San’layn together take over Deatholme and boom. San’layn for the Horde.

6 Likes

Kael’thas turning into a San’layn and being the playable Horde San’layn faction leader can still work. Not sure if that is more likely than a new San’layn Blood Royalty member being created for the role, however. Still, it could work as an interesting path of redemption, which is something I’ve talked about before in this megathread.

Speaking of, Lor’themar was suppose to have a chat with Kael’thas before leaving Shadowlands. I don’t recall any mention of that at all in-game or otherwise. Maybe it’s something that’ll get a passing mention in an inner monologue in a book or something. Go figure.

Also, I think I should be getting Exploring Azeroth: Northrend as a birthday present soon, so I’ll be able to see if it mentions anything San’layn related. Not sure if there would be much, since the adventurers in the book are some famous Dwarves, some of which having ties to the Alliance, but I’ll keep an open mind. I’ll also be reporting findings for the Taunka and Furbolg megathreads too.

3 Likes

The meeting between Kael’thas and Lor’themar can be a seed for more content for the horde of the eastern kingdoms.

Say a humbled Kael’thas begs Lor’themar to admit his former followers and give them a home. This can mean his fallen followers(the san’layn) and/or his outcast followers(fel blood)

Maybe the followers of Kael’thas isn’t as specific as Lor’themar first thinks and a whole group of ambassadors shows up from Kael’thas’ time in outland and in the Legion’s service.

This doesn’t mean we would be getting a butt ton of playable races but it would give the horde more resources to pull from.

The horde could use more lore/story seeds. The alliance has plenty of seeds for the future especially when it comes to cosmic content like the void and light.

3 Likes

Kael’thas is in Revendreth atoning for his sins for the next few eons. Having him pulled back to the living just to give the Horde a new race would undermine his story in SL, on top of being just plain dumb even if his mortal body weren’t missing its head.

If Void Elves can be playable then why not these?

Only like a handful of Void Elves even exist.

Kael’thas coming back as a San’layn wouldn’t specifically be done just to give the Horde a new playable race. Rather, it would be something to continue his story and have him work towards actual redemption.

Having him stew around in Revendreth and being yelled at by pseudo-vampires for eternity until they decide “yep, you’re redeemed now!” falls flatter than a miner in a mine shaft under a falling piano. The idea I’ve mentioned is to have him come back with the San’layn curse in order to work towards actual redemption, in which the people of Silvermoon and the San’layn (who the majority are were once Kael’thas’followers) should be the ones who decide whether he is redeemed or not.

This idea has been discussed in more detail throughout the megathread, but it is just one idea of what could be done. Playable Horde San’layn don’t necessarily need to have anything to do with Kael’thas, and as mentioned before, it could just be a new San’layn character, be it of royalty or not, that ends up leading the playable Horde San’layn faction.

Between the two options, I’d guess for a new San’layn character being much more likely as opposed to Kael’thas coming back nowadays. Seems like that would likely fit better on that new Undercity Council for various reasons.

Regardless who would lead a playable Horde San’layn faction, I just want playable Horde San’layn and would be fine with either option for their faction leader. Preferably with San’layn having their own identity as opposed to feeling like LARPing Blood Elves.

5 Likes

Personally I will always want Kael’thas to come back because I think it was a mistake turning him into raid fodder and killing him off.

Kael’thas should be leading the blood elves and the horde’s magical endeavors, such as founding the horde’s warlocky version of the kirin tor.

Sure our vampires can be led by a whole any sort of san’layn aristocracy but I would like to fix the mistake of killing off the most iconic blood elf.

7 Likes

This was another part of the “Kael’thas as a San’layn” idea. I have seen a number of people complain about his treatment and suddenly turning him into a mustache-twirling raid boss. I’ve seen a number of people have discussions about how unhappy they were at seeing that happen.

Now, is the Kael’thas San’layn idea perfect? No, and it could very well be debated on if that would be the best path for him. I doubt it would please everyone, but then again, there isn’t anything in general that would please every single player. To me, it just seems like it would work well in the current story and his journey towards redemption while also being able to flesh out San’layn more.

Not to mention the idea of Kael’thas brooding as a San’layn over his life decisions kinda fits some themes and stories of vampires. I’ve mentioned the idea of him residing in the Ghostlands and occasionally walking away to play a dirge sounding musical piece on an organ that would echo throughout the zone at certain time intervals. Stuff like that is great for world-building and making gameplay feel awesome.

As I said, I can’t speak for everyone regarding Kael’thas, nor is there one path that would please everyone who is a fan of him. It’s just one idea I’m presenting to show cool things you could do with him and playable Horde San’layn.

4 Likes

I would kill for this. That sounds amazing!

4 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying as well.
I do kinda feel like an opportunity was missed with Arthas as well, but guess that ship (hehe, fingers didn’t hit the P when typing it the first time…unconscious correction?) has sailed. The formation of an undead story faction between San’layn, Lordaeron, Icecrown, etc could have been pretty neat.

Just give the newly built gothic castle that’d be located in Deatholme a really nice organ he can play, it can echo up through the building and across the land :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes