San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I think darkfallen is a term any race can use. And san’layn is the term for the race in thalassian. And that others can be considered dark fallen probably in other races.

Much like the forsaken are named that because they were forsaken, a state of being.

And how the blood elves renamed themselves that after being called high elves due to a political movement to honor there dead.

Much like forsaken is an adjective. Darkfallen is probably another adjective in the wow universe that the race adopted as it’s name or the name given to it by the blood elves.

Much like we awknowledged Kelfin as Gilgoblins.

Also I think it would be weird for a San’layn to callthemselves darkfallen. Like wouldn’t they call themselves something that better suites there own narrative?

Like the Kelfin thought it was weird that we called them gilgoblins.

1 Like

The post shared above pretty much confirms darkfallen is the vampire elves. Again, the only other time it’s used is for the weird krokul thing and never again.

Ugh, one issue with the new datamines is that now people will use it as an excuse to further argue against playable San’layn though. “This proves their evil” yada yada. At least we can point out Vorath was working alone and had free will.

10 Likes

Exactly. It’s nice that from the word “go” in this situation, we have an iron-clad source stating that not only does he have his own free will, but that he’s working alone. Or at least not with any other Darkfallen/San’layn.

7 Likes

I guess we can say in the end regardless of what we label them, we want vampyr Thalassian Elves on the Horde! That’s a mouthful now but we’ll get it.

I’ll still use San’layn until completely proven they’re not the right term to use.

6 Likes

Except for Nightborne, since the old Legion NPC one is actually better than the player one and Blizz knows it. :sob:

2 Likes

Oh that’s a good point actually lol.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder that void elves should never get San’layn customization or anything vampiric, and should stick to their own theme!

Undead themes that horde has been asking for belong on the HORDE!

San’layn for the HORDE! I’m tired of Alliance asking for something that should be on Horde, hands down.

13 Likes

Horde is the better choice for them. There are the Forsaken, the Blood Elves and the Dark Rangers.

Horde accepts undeads Alliance doesn’t. Sure we can find exceptions with Calia and Derek. But Calia is an undead infused with the Holy Light and Derek is the Jaina old brother.

Forsaken and Dark Rangers are in the Horde. We can find Abominations, Leper gnomes and Banshees in the Horde too.

Forsaken, Dark Rangers and San’layn have many things in common. They shared the “same fate” due to the Scourge and the Lich King.

In the Horde, they will get a better development for sure.

12 Likes

I want BEs to get a second distinct set of options to offset the loss of visual uniqueness.

I have trouble having faith Blizzard can produce content for the races we have, only one race got into the core race and AR customization passes.

So I’d welcome them as options for BEs personally, as it just so happens Blizzard could do it as a way to compensate for BEs losing uniqueness

3 Likes

Agreed. Honestly, it’s just a bunch of toxic alliance players who want to take horde requests (and have even admitted to it as the only reason), then go as far as to harass off the forums and play victim. I shouldn’t take that cult seriously any longer, it’s honestly hilarious how they try to justify complete nonsense.

It caused me to leave the forums for a while and avoid posting regularly. Though today I broke my silence, I might slip away again for some time, at least until the expansion is announced. Better for my mental health since I want to avoid certain unhinged folk!

All of that said, playable San’layn for the Horde!

We learned today:
-Vorath was working of his own free will
-Vorath was doing this ALONE
-He was originally in TCG, never seen in game before now
-They haven’t forgotten about San’layn, meaning they could be working on lore for playables.

FAQs

The San’layn attacking the blood elves means they should never join Horde, right?

Luckily, the San’layn are not a hive mind. They have free will like Death Knights & forsaken, as proven even more by what we saw today. There were enemy DK, orcs, forsaken, blood elves, and every member of any race in the past. It’s not a stretch to say free-willed San’layn can still want to join the Horde like they did in BfA and are willing to prove themselves. In fact, fighting the scourge along with the Horde in Northrend is a perfect story to have them join.

The implications of shadow magic with San’layn mean they fit void elves, right?

No. San’layn are undead. They specifically always have been undead. Void elves have a VOID theme that is cosmic. San’layn have a vampire blood-drinking theme that is undead. Void elves do not drink blood. MANY races do meld with the shadows, as do classes. Like rogue & priest. Which aren’t void elf exclusive. Void elves don’t have the ‘reservation’ on all things shadow. Far from it. gestures to Dark Rangers & shadow hunters as well Void elves have a joke: “No San’layn are the OTHER edgy elves” which yeah… for those still hanging onto void elf San’layn, it’s not happening. San’layn do not belong on the Alliance, AKA the faction that butchered many of them when they were trying to join the HORDE in BfA. And finally, void elves don’t need anything else right now aside from void-related things. They can stay away from undead requests.

San’layn belong on the Horde.

You got that right.

12 Likes

This is actually part of the joke you reference. It’s a VE female line.

The exact quote is: “No, we do not drink blood; that’s the san’layn, totally different emo elf.”

I don’t know how this doesn’t hammer into anyone’s thick skulls that San’layn are not a theme that belongs on void elves.

It’s also pretty pathetic.

8 Likes

As usual, myself and several others will continue to give our support for playable Horde San’layn while you enjoy your break. :vampire:

I’m not kidding when I say that Horde San’layn are one of my most wanted playable races. They have so much potential and storyline possibilities that I want to do what I can to help support them as a playable Horde race. I’ll always keep a character slot or two reserved for that possibility someday.

As usual, I’ll continue to dream of the day that I see San’layn players running through Orgrimmar as champions of the Horde! :wine_glass::bat:

10 Likes

Well the latest BE PTR quest had some good bits, but it really bummed me out that it used the San’layn as the villains.

Still hopeful for DR’s tho, and TBH, I don’t think San’layn are out of the table, just not as much BE related, as undead.

2 Likes

They have always belonged on Horde and always will, they are a Horde centric race like Dark Rangers. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

One more thing before I go.

Imagine:

Rommath: takes off his mask to reveal fangs

Lor’themar: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A SAN’LAYN??

Rommath: I dunno, for years, why?

Lor’themar: Are you working for–

Rommath: Nah.

Lor’themar: How did you sate–

Rommath: Other San’layn.

Lor’themar: …

(And a remodel would have claws that people just assumed were really manicured all the time)

16 Likes

I’ll admit that would be amusing as all heck.

EDIT: I’m out of likes. Assume this is the like until I get them back. :blue_heart:

EDIT2: I used Kyuu instead.

9 Likes

Friendly reminder you aren’t in charge of anything but this thread, and the Alliance is more than welcome to ask for vampiric customization when stuff like this exists.

You can whine about how “toxic” people are for wanting void elves to have relations with vampirism, san’layn or otherwise. It’s very clear now on the PTR Blood Elves have moved on, and the Alliance asking for the mana vampirism back is more than valid, and asking for the “blood and shadow” theme elves - now confirmed on PTR - to be allied with them also makes sense.

Putting Horde everywhere you can and whipping your friends into a frenzy because people don’t same-think is getting really old, and I’m glad Blizzard hasn’t listened to you guys at all.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go talent San’layn on my Shadow Priest Void Elf, while asking for more content related to Dar’khan. You know, the guy Umbric got his notes from, and the scourge elf.

I guess this is also the part where we point out that the Alliance actually has allowed undead in. There’s Death Knights, but apparently, those don’t exist, even though they’re absolutely everywhere as “vampyr” of various sorts on Moon Guard right now. On Alliance. And not just as Blood Elves either. Venthyr opened the aesthetics for vampires up to everybody.

This whole thread just screams of “MY TOY” when the toy’s been accessible to everybody since the start of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

TBH as much as i dont like it, we have moved onto being a more light focused race.

With the Alliance war campaign and the PTR stuff, it’s very clear that Horde Sanlayn isnt happening.

Who cares if they’re ally or horde, 9.2.5 means that if Velf’s get stuff to make them work, we’ll still be able to play them? its like that stupid inverse of Ion going "the horde is there for you (still so rude)

Like as long as you can RP them does it matter?

Agreed entirely!

Void elves have more than enough and the Alliance has been spitefully asking for something that the Horde has wanted for years. I don’t support San’layn customization on void elves, nor do I support them on the alliance.

Alliance war campaign was the Alliance butchering them.

I whipped up those who want San’layn on alliance in a frenzy, but it’d be lovely if people asked for actual void customization instead of undead stuff which again, should be Horde.

At this point, I’m not going to put more energy into responding to certain toxic members of the Alliance. If people want them on void elves that’s perfectly fine. I strongly disagree and don’t think it should happen, and think void elves should stick to void customization.

That said, the people who have asked for it have been so incredibly overboard with toxicity here and beyond the forums that I’m tired of being nice and responding with reasonable arguments as I had been the entire time.

I’m against it, it shouldn’t happen, and I’m hoping to see Horde San’layn.

9 Likes

As we’ve been discussing today actually I think this more confirms that Blizzard is leaving that door open to blood elves.

They go out of their way to yet again differentiate the San’layn in charge of this attack and they differentiate the Darkfallen from the San’layn as a whole.

This suggests theres more Darkfallen who would be more amenable to joining the Horde and that the San’layn specifically would be the “bad guys”.

That particular singling out suggests to me at least that Blizzard is aware of this request for the Horde and is keeping it in mind.

12 Likes