San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Yeah, that’s true. I just… ugh >< I’m grumpy but you’re right and I need to take a step back to think.

Like you said, doesn’t mean the other ones are fully evil. It just tosses yet another San’layn into the pile against the ‘they were all killed off’ argument.

8 Likes

Where is this info from :thinking:

Yeah and Liadrin seems to go out of her way to say it’s a rogue or single San’layn.

Blizzard is keeping the San’layn available it seems.

5 Likes

I’ve seen most of it on Twitter. But it comes from the ptr supposedly.

5 Likes

Here is the twitter thread with the information

5 Likes

Here what we already have:

• We still have “famous” San’layn (Prince Atherann + Prince Theraldis ) with an unknown status.

• Is Blood-Princess Thal’ena still alive? Archaedas is still “alive” (World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms) if I remember well.

• We had the Blood Marquis and San’layn Neophytes as San’layn in BfA so we can have other San’layn later for sure.

San’layn are still here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Wow it seems like they are hinting at a new starting experience or something for blood elves?

Since its 9.2.5 then it will somehow tie into next expansion?

Seems like it will be more about Azeroth judging from what i’ve seen on wowhead with the mounts.

2 Likes

Use the helm of wills to free the San’layn from Scourge control and boom, allies. Come on Blizz! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

They didn’t even update the hawkstriders >.>

6 Likes

Ok went through the twitter posts. Seems like it may be a contiuation of blood elf heritage armor weapons?

Perhaps they will do this for other races?

I’ve looked at the screenshots in the Twitter account. I have to say it is disheartening to see San’layn being used as a typical mustache-twirling villain in a situation likely not having much difference if said San’layn was replaced with another type of undead.

I think I’ve mentioned before how I could still see some San’layn being evil or corrupted in some fashion. Whether it is due to the vampiric curse or just someone who wants a position of power. I can see a few San’layn like that.

Obviously, I don’t think of EVERY San’layn being like that at all. I think what is disheartening about seeing this San’layn is that we haven’t seen any other San’layn who would be Horde friendly. I don’t think this means that we wouldn’t see that, especially since that particular San’layn is pulled from Hearthstone. It could be something as simple as Blizzard just using them for this particular situation.

As depressing as it is to see it, I don’t think this bars San’layn at all from becoming a playable Horde race. Granted, thanks to this, Silvermoon may be even more dubious to San’layn in general. But then again, it’s likely something San’layn would have to deal with when trying to join the Horde, and such distrust at first does tie into their potential story.

That said, darned if I’m not disappointed some at seeing it regardless. However, as I said, it doesn’t seem like something that would bar them from becoming playable ever, so I’m still going forward with my playable Horde San’layn support.

I’ll keep an eye out on this and help report on it when we get more info. I’d like to hope that San’layn will get treated more than just generic evil undead meant to be blown up, but we’ll see what happens in the future.

Given the popularity of San’layn in general, I’d hope that something better would be planned with them in the future. :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

What ritual do I have to perform for San’layn to no longer be just a story springboard for either the alliance or now apparently Blood Elves to make them feel good about killing another pointless bad guy >.>

We see they still can organize and control the scourge, they can use that story thread to go after the bad scourge. With intelligent, free-willed races, there has to be varying alignments.

Every single San’layn being mindlessly bad is bad writing, flat out, but that’s Shadowlands in general and that’s my concern.

We have Death Knights & forsaken & even abominations that are NOT bad. No one should be inherently evil. If only they would just listen to these ideas :sob:

Edit: Also super cool (/s) that apparently Calia is getting an updated model but the San’layn here STILL HAVE THE OLD MODEL which shows you how much they actually are looking into Horde requests…

10 Likes

I don’t mind there being evil san’layn. I don’t mind that in the story. Got all races dealing with evil people of the same race. Just a faction of san’layn willing to join the horde and be playable is enough for me.

The evil characters can let you rp good/evil which is nice. At least we have some questlines going back to Azeroth next patch. That’s nice.

Calia gets unique model and Rokhan still sitting here without one despite being one of the longest established characters and being a leader of one of the Horde’s major factions.

They didn’t even give him a cinematic when they made him leader.

6 Likes

That would be fine and SOME evil San’layn are also fine and a great story, BUT we have yet to see any nuance on their end and it’s getting tiresome :confused:

We saw a sliver of hope in BfA that was quickly crushed, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can’t stand that horrible character that they keep pushing on us. They keep trying to push this alliance nonsense most of the undead playerbase absolutely despises onto the horde while continuing to ignore actual requests :confused:

6 Likes

And maybe we could have other San’layn with something like that later.

7 Likes

I hope so, given there was no confirmation all of them died and they kept on making new ones. Plus, the quote that “they wanted to join the Horde”, meaning they reached out and were actively trying. Sure, Dreven failed in the end. Hardcore. But his bad actions don’t mean they all would follow. Every single one of them being on that ship still seems ridiculous to me.

I guess in the end, they’re mentioned again and not completely forgotten, so there’s that. Model updates would be peachy but I suppose they wouldn’t do that even if they were looking to add them as customization or AR if they wanted to use the blood elf model.

Also, as for Tha’lena, I still have no idea. People say she was just there as an easter egg in Legion but I hope it’s more than that. There’s so many questions I have about her.

5 Likes

Yea nuance would be nice. Everyone seems to think we may get a dragon expansion. And some people think the infinite dragonflight may be involved. So who knows.

They do replace older models when they are made in game. I would actually see post shadowlands a good way to write some of the san’layn into the horde after being free from the helm.

I don’t think for example it would be that hard to include an arc or questline to deal with some bad san’layn and finding some san’layn that are good, probably still attached to some old blood elf allies.

And that being enough excuse to let us customize our characters like them in the next expansion.

At least we see some scourge threats doing scourge things.

5 Likes

I mean it’s a quest for blood elves. Kind of makes sense its arc villain would be relevant to the blood elves.

If anything I’m glad they’re having Liadrin point to the darkfallen and observe how unique their “blood and darkness” theme is. San’layn deserve to carry their own allied race and I’ve always loathed the idea of them being folded into the BEs as underwhelming/inappropriate customization options.

6 Likes