San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Writing a blog article speaking of which on monsters that inspired my love of horror and on this topic, wanted to mention this fella. While the movie left a lot to be desired with character development, it was on POINT with horror.

Context: Horned King, Black Cauldron.

5 Likes

my fav buffy person

2 Likes

Nerds for the win!

5 Likes

I love Giles.

2 Likes

One of my favorite Buffy episodes was the one in which Willow makes them lose their memory and Giles and Spike believe they are “family” (becasue both are brits, you see).

Then again as dirty Spuffy scum and proud of it, that episode was basically pure fanservice for me.

3 Likes

Going to be transparent, I saw that and was like “Oh… that works really well for a commission example I need” because coincidentally, I need a flayed hyena look, and yeah that nearly fits the bill. So…thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

Context: This character using fleshcrafting magic.

(art by https://twitter.com/gynesisx)

6 Likes

Omg I need San’layn so bad!

3 Likes

Happy October, y’all! :vampire:

This is the best month to show off support for playable Horde San’layn, with Halloween being a very fitting theme for them in general. I’m going to see if I can scare up some posts to do throughout the month.

October is a really awesome month to me for several reasons. I’m hoping to one day to add in playing as my San’layn characters in the future as one of those reasons. Until that hopeful day, I’ll just continue supporting playable Horde San’layn.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe October!

:wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Yes October’s the perfect month to announce playable San’layn and Dark Rangers for the Horde! Especially if it happens on Halloween. Toss in some Sethrak, Saurok, and Ogres too.

7 Likes

In the middle of a WoW google search unrelated to San’layn, oddly enough, I came across a fan mock-up of a San’layn allied race in the style of how allied races were on WoW’s official website at the time. I don’t know if this was ever shared here, but I figured I would share it for fun:

Unfortunately, I don’t know where this mockup came from originally and who made it, so I can’t give credit to whoever made it unless someone happens to know.

I found this image on MMO-Champion’s forum, in the middle of a topic of a “leak” that Darkfallen and Redeemed Undead were going to become playable. Seeing as the post occurred in 2018 and we’re currently in the future…present…time thingus, I think we can say that the “leak” was a hoax. You can see the thread here if you’re particularly interested:

BfA sure was a wild time, wasn’t it? All the rumors and “leaks” of allied races that went wild during that time was annoying to see. On the bright side, it caused people like me to open up on supporting the races we want playable. At least we weathered through those rumors and “leaks”…granted, there will be more expansions in the future likely with more of those, but we’ll take them as they come.

Hopefully, we’ll see playable Horde San’layn officially playable and shown off on the official WoW website someday…and in-game, of course! :wine_glass::bat:

9 Likes

Ah yeah it was a wild time for sure! There were so many “leaks”, you’re right. Actually it’s super interesting, going through a google search I actually found some shots from the video I made of Qualia’s model work, and a few other mock-ups. I’ll share them too!

(I searched “playable San’layn”)

(This male San’layn suggestion though :star_struck: )

Going through it… it reminds me of how creative the AR communities are and how hard we’ve worked to try and see our ideas out there. You are very much included in that Bagzak! I hope we see what we’d love come to fruition someday.

Although the last one was made before mechagnomes came that’s an easy fix.

Add another group, and toss Sethrak & Saurok in!

17 Likes

well if wow ever closes down, we can make our own i suppose. we’ll actually include popular requests, with the best thought out suggestions taking first dibs, like:

1. san’layn with their own creepy city
  2. high elves with their own high elven city
  3. dark rangers
  4. playable naga, ethereals, sethrak, ogres, taunka, vrykul, wotlk mechagnomes, skinny kul’tirans option and tuskarr.
  5. buy flight once per char and good to go for rest of your char’s life.
  6. emerald dream and karazhan crypts dungeons/raids
  7. lots of customizations
  8. restore the use of toys in bgs
  9. player housing
  10. architect profession
  11. once you’ve beaten 2 expacs, the 1st one becomes optional for chars of the same class on that account (et al if you’ve beaten vanilla and tbc, vanilla is optional for any new chars of the same class you make and you can start at 60 if you want, free of charge. once you beat wotlk, you can skip tbc, and start at 70 on new chars of same class, etc.
  12. remove paid boosts
  13. dont put any new mounts on store. instead put them in game. sell recolors of retired tier sets on shop instead, like recolored mop challenge sets and recolored og nax sets, for example.
  14. find some way to provide body sliders for char creation
  15. better hair textures
  16. necromancer class.
  17. blood elf druids
  18. void knights
  19. nelf paladins
  20. remove heirlooms and LFG dungeon loot bags <— will almost single handedly fix the prof economy. have the loot bag items, drop randomly from mobs with a low drop chance.
  21. remove racials and roll them into talent trees. provide good enough contenders to them, that talenting them will be less likely
  22. restore old talent trees.
  23. give option for old or new char models. some old models are better.
    etc

p.s. oh and kelfen.

1 Like

So I do have context :stuck_out_tongue:

But it’s violent so I’m doing the hide thing again.

Super cool art

This is by https://twitter.com/gynesisx of an OC from my book, Professor Luna, protecting herself with fleshcrafting magic.

5 Likes

Halloween/Samhain would be an awesomely apt time to drops San’layn/Dark Rangers.

4 Likes

That allied race mock-up for the alliance makes my stomach turn

1 Like

Why so out of curiosity? (mindful that I’m entirely neutral on the topic and wouldn’t mind it, but understand those that do not either)

1 Like

Because I’m tired of seeing alliance mock-ups assuming sethrak are theirs, and that High Elves would ever be another option.

4 Likes

I do like the idea of a chariot mount though

2 Likes

Ah that’s fair. I don’t mind Sethrak going either way (in fact they’d be neat neutral!). As for high elves, I don’t think they’d get a separate AR now. But that’s also likely the case for San’layn, as much as it’s disappointing (in my personal opinion), they’re more likely to be customization now.

Note: This isn’t me giving up, this is me being realistic!

I think it’d be better if the San’layn and dark ranger options be cosmetic. High Elves are basically already an option for the other elves that won’t be named lest I get bile in my mouth.

2 Likes