San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Have another bump!

6 Likes

helping bale bump it!

4 Likes

I think another good piece of media to talk about is the Castlevania series on Netflix. It shows that, again, vampires don’t need to be ‘ugly’ to be utterly terrifying. It’s what I love so much about it. I get especially annoyed at those who are like “Oh if they look nice they can’t be monsters” because that is the exact opposite reality in real life, but it goes beyond that. Those that ‘look nice’ can also be fierce/terrifying.

10 Likes

Regardingh anime media, my absolute fav is “Hellsing: Ultimate” ----->fan of the manga, you see.

Oh my. If we could get surreal stuff like hair that changes shape and size depending on a “Berserker” mode. Or parts of the body that become this shapeless bloody shadowy thing.
/drools.

6 Likes

Alucard is one of my favorite vampires!

I love the beginning of HS ultamite and the ‘monster hunting’ thing they had. I didn’t like when Alucard left though >< Seras is alright but the whole plotline regarding a word I’m not sure I’m allowed to say but involved incredibly evil germans from WWII was a bit… I dunno, I don’t think I liked it that much. Otherwise though like when Alucard was on screen, he was lovely.

Also that’d be so awesome :smiley:

7 Likes

It would be THE MOST amazing thing!!!

I think in such case I´d be tempted -for the first time- to reroll by Belf rogue (my main) to another race.

5 Likes

I’m definitely not into the nosferatu type. I could never see myself playing the Venthyr type vampire.

3 Likes

Agreed. If I wanted to play an undead meant to look ugly, I’d play a sentient zombie. looks at forsaken They cover that entirely (and no I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, I’m saying it’s their theme as a fantasy monster, I feel like.) I don’t know why people try to make vampires into zombies when the whole zombie thematic is literally what they’re wanting…

5 Likes

I was gonna post on my Undead with crying face because I don’t think mine is ugly and I tried to make it as pretty as I possibly could but I totally get where you are coming from.

1 Like

Aww well some can be pretty for sure! Fair point :stuck_out_tongue: But they can definitely be made to look pretty twisted and rotted as well. Toss them some sharp teeth and BOOM Nosferatu. I feel like if they got rid of the hunch, they’d be more aesthetically pleasing to me (not that they need to be, I find forsaken really neat even if I wouldn’t play one.) I just don’t like ‘rot’ but that’s ENTIRELY a me-thing!

2 Likes

I have to agree, I still hate they have the hunch but since they added the hide bones and different skintones I find it much easier to get rid of the rotted look, like mine is grey skinned with pink hair and pink eyes and no bones, maybe I should of posted on it, lol.

2 Likes

I had to get on the PC to change characters but I figured I would post on this one so you could see it, plus it adds another bump to this thread before I switch back to my main so I’m totally okay with that. :yum: :yum: :yum:

5 Likes

Yeah that is a super neat looking character! It’s nice how forsaken can be made to look really ugly (by some people’s standards!) and some can look pretty neat/aesthetically nice, like yours. But yeah I hope they eventually allow a non-hunched option for forsaken. Also yeah, and plus… there are forsaken who don’t rot.

I’m pretty sure ‘cannibalize’ restores flesh, so theoretically you could have a perfectly healthy forsaken with zero rot. I like ‘semi-undead’ concepts, where the creature can keep their organs going with necromancy and maintain bodies to never rot if they so please.

4 Likes

remember the lady who won the blizzcon dance contest by doing the forsaken female dance? was actually pretty cool.

4 Likes

On the subject of a berserker form, I’ve shared this before here a long time ago, but I felt it was worth revisiting. Everquest 2 has a playable vampire race called Freebloods:

One of their racials is the ability to customize a regular form and a monstrous form, called “Reveal Inner Self,” which you can switch between freely. You can design both forms whatever way you want.

They also have a swarm of bats form, which you can see at the end of this announcement trailer video that introduces them:

And if you’re interested in reading some lore on them, you can read some lore stuff here:

I figured I’d share the Freebloods again for some San’layn idea inspiration. If I see anything else of interest with them, I’ll be sure to share! :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

How is this thing not a thing that’s a thing in the game yet? :vampire:

8 Likes

Sounds pretty cool…this has been something I’d wanna see for a void knight class as well. A customizable void form/aberration form you can turn into during combat, do it like the icon shadowpriests have, but give it a right click toggle so it works like…
left click on …it stays on
left click off …it stays off
right click …gets the little chasing dot outline and it’ll autocast on combat and turn off when combat ends.

Would actually be a great addition to worgen as well.

Would be a good way to handle any race that gets a transform…then you can have it on all the time, none of the time, or during combat…or click it on and off for other instances.

4 Likes

/sweats uncomfortably

I… do like the idea of playing an “ugly” vampire too?

I mean I grew up with Buffy. Vampires were “hot” until you know… they were about to suck someone dry (also I´m dirty Spuffy trash and proud of it; I could never stomach Angel, yuck!!). For me is more about the portrayal of the characters than the aesthetics tbqh.

If anything i have several petitions to up the “creepy undead zombie” factor for the Forsaken but it´s getting SO ignored… it´s kinda depressing, actually.

5 Likes

No that’s great too, I think the issue I have though is when people who love Nosferatu come in and scream at those of us who don’t.

I will provide exhibit A.

So like… it’s cool for people to love ugly vampires. That’s great, even if I don’t. But the high-and-mighty attitude of some people for liking them and putting down those who like the ‘beautiful monster’ concept is frustrating. Every time I bring up I like the concept, someone immediately jumps to “Twilight” and I’ve ranted about 5 billion times how much I hate that series.

Ideally? We’d get a mixture of both to appeal to both crowds. I don’t understand why either crowd has to snap at each other. I sometimes get caught up in it and defensive too, and can be super nasty with comebacks nowadays because I’m tired of it. Is it helpful though? Not really.

But like in Vampire the Masquerade, where there are multiple types, I feel like it can be done pretty much everywhere. I don’t explicitly in my works, but WoW has already introduced the concept of many-typing. Will they actually utilize the ideology? I dunno.

All in all, and in the end, I just get super tired of people who like Nosferatu putting down those of us who like nice-looking monsters. It’s the same concept of orc players putting down elves (even though arguably orcs aren’t that ugly. Well, female orcs. Male orcs aren’t aesthetically pleasing to me, BUT that’s entirely subjective.) or something.

Also we’re at 500 likes officially ^^ How exciting. Again I know it doesn’t matter much but it’s been a tough week on my end and it’s cool to see.

I’m going to share a commission of my vampire character that’s particularly horrifying and gory. I’ll put it behind a clickable though because of the gore.

I’m sharing this picture of an abomination which is VERY GORY MIGHT I ADD CONSIDERING THE CONTEXT to cover my butt that yes, there’s gore in this game. This is by an official WoW artist, so me sharing some gory art of a vampire character in a vampire thread shouldn’t get me smacked… Especially since I’m hiding it.

Gore warning, no seriously there's a lot of blood.

This art is by https://twitter.com/gynesisx.

This is Jasper, I’ve shared art of him on here before, but not this art. Why am I sharing this? Because vampires shed blood. And this is an example of a beautiful monster…and how they can be incredibly deadly.

6 Likes

Creepy zombies are cool. Like this cute little zombie bunny “licker”

I am surprised we didn’t get stuff like this in Maldraxxus. Maybe we can get away with creatures like these with a void expansion.

1 Like