San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

No, but weirdly enough on the Horde campaign you can go on the ship where they are and see a few friendly casting San’layn. It’s very strange. Including after most of the Alliance left and the ship is there burning.

2 Likes

Some allies arent in our content. Like the trolls from darkshore. Thry are still horde. I think San’layn could be introduced as horde allies in forsaken units. At least they should start. It would be a bridge between forsaken and sindorei at least.

4 Likes

True, there’s also speculation that the Horde haven’t seen it yet because they’re setting up for something potentially big. Most of the story is seen by both factions, but that one really isn’t. It could be that the next part of this story is for only the Horde’s eyes as an Allied Race scenario. This is a huge stretch, but still possible.

Thrall originally accepted the forsaken, of whom needed a home as well. It’s been explicitly stated that the San’layn do too. I feel like he’d possibly be open minded, especially if they had information on the banshee queen or an edge against possible rising forces of the scourge in a new death expansion due to having been a tactical elite force within them at one point. You know, similar to DK. Not to mention, if the undead have an edge against the void, their talents might be invaluable to that battle as well.

3 Likes

Dearest Blood Queen Fallynn…. There is always hope, for San’layn to be present in this new, WotLK 2.0 expansion! Don’t give up now! We all love you here, so very, very much!

1 Like

It really does feel like a coin flip with a slight favor against San’layn. It’s one of the most stressful things I’ve had to deal with in wow for awhile.

2 Likes

People still enjoy being ‘cool and edgy’ by jumping onto the elf hate train I guess, which is obnoxious. And it’s ironic that I’m calling them out for being edgy, but it’s true. We’ll just continue to keep sharing our ideas here though and hope for the best. I get not wanting a particular race, but putting down people for discussing it is getting annoying.

Hopefully, if ever we get them, we’ll be able to celebrate and ignore the haters that call us ‘emo freaks’ or whatever to feel better about themselves. Sue me for wanting playable vampires.

That being said, people seem to look toward the ‘undead’ slot lately and favor San’layn. Despite their elf hate, at least many agree that San’layn are better than Lightforged undead :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

So it is currently 11 days until Blizzcon, but it’s also 10 days until Halloween. Even though I don’t do a whole lot for it, I always enjoy the theme and aesthetics of Halloween. I imagine some San’layn fans here have some plans, so I hope y’all have a fun, happy, and safe Halloween. Hopefully we’ll have some Halloween days in the future where we’ll be able to celebrate with our San’layn characters.

Indeed. It’s all I can really do for the few races I really want.

Been waiting 15 years for Ogres and Saurok are a bit of a pipedream, but I figured being active and at least showing some support is better than nothing. Coming to the forums to do so allowed me to appreciate and add San’layn to my most-wanted list as well.

Aside from writing and offering ideas, if I ever develop some talent, I’ll have to consider other ways to show support for my most wanted races somehow. Until then, I’ll keep supporting them as future playable Horde races. For better or worse.

I dream of the day that we see Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn partying in Orgimmar. :smiley:

5 Likes

New DK cinematic folks, at least that’s what it seems like!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295768/new-death-knight-intro-in-game-cinematic-in-patch-8-3-visions-of-nzoth

This is exciting. The more they lean to death, the more we might have a chance. Especially since the origin of San’layn is in Northrend. Plus! Everyone says we shouldn’t have San’layn without Death Knights. Well… here’s our chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Well, I seem to remember getting them all killed during the Horde campaign so…

Feel free to refer to this post here: San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed} - #2933 by Fallynn-wyrmrest-accord where I address that.

2 Likes

I am so glad that guy I mentioned before seems to be trying to relive his fame from Legion and is seeking attention. He contradicted himself twice and claimed that Blizzard threatened his entire family (toddler children and wife) with jail time.

It feels more and more like we’re headed towards a death expansion or at least one with a lot of involvement with death. Sylvanas freakin’ appears in the encrypted intro (Stiven got her when he tried to load the cinematic)! It might be a placeholder, but even the dataminer himself is doubtful.

Still amusing that some people think the ship was akin to Noah’s ark and held the entire populus of the San’layn.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to take the stance of taking a grain of salt, or in some cases several salt licks, whenever I read of “leaks” of any sort.

This upcoming Blizzcon is going to be a very important one, and as we get closer, I suspect we’ll see several “leaks” and “prophets” with or without decent ethos and history of accurate leaks spring forward. I’ve already seen several “leaks” mentioned here and there, myself, that I can’t for the life of me find any sources that state what the whole “leak” is.

No matter what is stated, all we can do is wait 10 more days (at the time of this post) for Blizzcon and see what is said there. I’d also like to mention that there will be two parts of Blizzcon that is of importance to WoW players: The initial livestream and the “WoW: What’s Next?” panel. There still isn’t a schedule, to my knowledge, but I’d be surprised if they did not do a “What’s Next?” panel for WoW. So if we don’t see much in the first livestream, we need to keep an eye on the other part before we throw ourselves into despair.

When the time comes, and I should hopefully be around somehow during the livestream times, I’ll look for live-blogs that will state what is going on during the “What’s Next?” panel as it occurs. Last year, I looked at both WoWHead and MMO-Champion, as they updated at different speeds and sometimes one had more info on points than the other.

Until then, I will state my usual view of farfetched “leaks” being spun to wanting to see farfetch’d leeks being spun instead:

3 Likes

This exactly. It’s why I just link the post where I went into great detail about how that’s an incredibly silly assumption. I’d use other words to describe just about how ‘silly’ I see it, but I’d rather not get suspended.

What’s the difference between the livestream and ‘what’s next?’ I figured the what’s next panel was where we’d get any actual information, to be honest.

3 Likes

Not that it would matter even if it did. Horde players get to see San’layn alive and well even after the ship’s destruction.

I mean, they do provided they take it upon themselves to swim out there, propelled by their own curiosity.

I still maintain that this is an easter egg that will one day bear fruit.

6 Likes

I’ve said it before many times and I will likely be saying it again many times.

You only need one vampire to make more vampires.

11 Likes

It looks like the Blizzcon schedule is up, for the most part:

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-1

The main interest would be the opening ceremony, where we’ll get a few announcements. Oddly enough, there is currently no “WoW: What’s Next” panel. Instead, on November 2nd, we have a “World of Warcraft Update” panel and a WoW QnA.

There are still some “coming soon” sections on November 1st, so I’m unsure what those will end up being.

The opening ceremony livestream will have some brief announcements and trailers, while the What’s Next panel usually went into more details at showing…well, what is next. I had mentioned it in case both had something of note with regards to announcements. ^^;

If there is an expansion announcement, we’ll likely see it at the opening ceremony with a trailer with some possible details. Something to look for, seeing as new allied races make a great pre-order incentive, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Starting to vividly fantasise about a WoW 2 myself.

To be honest I’d likely not be interested in WoW2. Having to start over would be meh. What’s stopping me from moving on to a new and way better game without the terrible lore WoW has devolved into? Chances are we’d not get any of the Allied Races we’re going for either. Imagine finally getting the AR you’ve wanted… only for a new game to pop up and not include it.

3 Likes

I’m just having trouble seeing how they are going to dig themselves out of the various situations they are in and making worse.

1 Like

True… but what if WoW2 had San’layn as a playable race?, like they basically add a whole tonne of new races with updated graphics and everything!

2 Likes