San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Even if the next expansion isn’t death-related, I don’t see why that would stop San’layn from being an allied race, either at all or in the near future. Depending on what 8.3 does with Northrend, we could still have a chance to see San’layn reintroduced. Of course, we can just see them forgotten again, so nothing is guaranteed.

Anyway, I’ll take any “leaks” with a grain of salt at the moment. The wait for Blizzcon to see what is happening next is going to be painful. x- x;

3 Likes

Yeah, and the most predictable road for the Banshee Queen, which is the wholly stupid Garrosh 2.0 nonsense we’d be served again. Hogwash. I don’t even like Sylv that much, but I hate the Alliance bootlickers that are Baine, Saurfang (late now), and Thrall now in the Horde that want to dance around a fire and throw flowers. And I’d be someone totally in favor of neutrality if it wasn’t done so terribly, as in ‘oh look you get to work with these utter cowards and if you’re not on their side you’re evil!’. Thrall ran away, Saurfang sat there in a cell until he was rescued BY ANDUIN, and the ‘mah true horde’ had to lick the boots of Jaina, someone who gets away with way too much and has so much plot armor it’s not even funny. People think Sylv is bad? She’s a billion times worse.

It’s just… ugh. Mechagon was enough already of that ‘robot’ thematic in a fantasy game. We really don’t need more of that. Though I guess if Blizzard insists, it’s what we’ll be getting. Out of every interesting class though, Tinker is at the bottom of my list for something even remotely interesting.

Unfortunately this seems like the most likely scenario, as since Blizzard goes on every single very predictable path (see this being MoP 2.0) and this next expansion being a bland one, it just… ugh.

At this point I’m going to say there’s no secret or interesting objective, they used the San’layn as a tool to ‘make the Alliance feel good about themselves’ and then forgot them entirely. Why they got us excited by implying they could join the Horde, I don’t know. But it’s whatever.

Still waiting for Blizzcon but this news isn’t the best, I’m finding myself dreading it a bit more than I had been.

4 Likes

I support and am hopeful for San’layn. :bat:

4 Likes

Just me again with another thread bump! :grin:

Sorry it’s been a while, was busy turning into a gnome

1 Like

Unfortunate. I hear that’s a lethal condition that slowly causes death due to vampiric dunking.

My condolences.

3 Likes

Oddly enough there is a human who became a demon hunter

I think we discovered that this “informant” maybe lying because he said “Sylvanas doesn’t have a plan” after we’ve been told both in book and in game that she has a plan.

2 Likes

He could have gotten lucky with Legion, it was pretty predictable after WoD, admittedly. It does seem like a lot of what he’s saying now makes little to no sense, as if he’s ‘going against the grain’ to sound different.

San’layn culturally appropriate my people’s culture.

1 Like

All the more reason to add them.

1 Like

Stop oppressing me.

1 Like

We don’t have a proper stun to do that quite yet, unless someone rolls a rogue!

2 Likes

I’m sure I said it before in this thread, but to put San’layn in an expansion where allied races started and to potentially not do much with them otherwise is…utterly baffling.

Had allied races not been a feature in this expansion, I wouldn’t really think much of it. I’d assume one of the devs remembered San’layn from the WotLK days, thought they would make good undead minions against the Alliance, and just plopped them in there without much thought.

But allied races are a thing during this expansion, and even that one quote seems suspect:

“Rokhan: Sylvanas wants ta give 'em a chance. Dey got no home left. If dey can work with us, den dey got a home with da Horde. If not, dey be gone.”

Of course, Horde players don’t interact with San’layn and they’re just put in the Alliance war campaign to act as quest jobbers. Sylvanas, during her reign as war chief, doesn’t even reference them, and despite a potential Northrend visit, I still worry that they’ll randomly appear as Sylvanas’ goons when we eventually deal with her. This is assuming they ever make a reappearance.

Worry seems to be all we can do, since we’ve gone so long with radio silence, and this is assuming we get anything of note at Blizzcon. I want to have hope, but I’m trying not to get too excited.

I will try to reserve judgement until I see what we actually get in terms of the next pair of allied races and such, whenever we get them announced. The more I dwell on the situation, the more worried and feeling “meh” I get. -o -

13 days to go! Getting closer and closer.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a good point, and the quote I cling onto. I’m still going to hold out hope until Blizzcon and hope we do see something exciting. I feel like Allied Races are a big hit, but those might just be bias glasses since I’ve been in the communities for over a year now. It’s pretty odd that the Horde hero never sees or interacts with the San’layn, though weirder still, they’re friendly to the Horde player if they go out of their way to view them on the ship.

Ah well, like I keep saying, I’m hoping the hype around Bloodlines will convince some people that vampires are a neat concept and playing them would be fun for a lot of people.

3 Likes

In other words, Blizzard and other players should be more of a “yesferatu” instead of a “nosferatu.” :V

5 Likes

This is what made the entire thing explode.

It may have gotten peoples hopes up. But it also got them interested. It led to a lot of people assuming they where becoming an AR and asking for them.

Lots of speculation videos mentioned them.

This request even outshined mechagnomes who where all but guaranteed.

Before that quote, a number of people (Including me) logically deduced that Undead Elves would make the most sense as an AR counterpart for Forsaken. And San’layn are the most unique and interesting form of Undead Elves in WoW lore.

All it did was throw fuel on the fire. And now people are interested.

All you can do is make your request and hope for the best. For any Allied Race.

6 Likes

Here’s to hoping it happens at Blizzcon. Since Worgen and Undead have no allied race counterparts, an announcement of Sethrak and San’layn would be amazing

3 Likes

True that. Imagine my surprise when a month after I created the first thread, San’layn showed up in 8.0, with that quote as well. It got us going wild! A huge blend of support and hate hit our thread, and I feel like as time’s gone on, there’s been less hate and more respectable people even if they disagree that San’layn would make a good race.

That’s something I appreciate. I think over the past year and a half, we’ve worked hard to share ideas, and people see that. Even those that dislike this due to vampire elves have said the idea is cool, they just dislike it due to not wanting more elves. Which is reasonable, while I disagree, I’m glad people can share it in a respectable manner.

Yeah I think of all the undead elf variants, San’layn have the unique theme of vampirism, and with games like Bloodlines on the rise, such a theme is tempting to play. Despite some roleplayers saying “Yuck vampire roleplayers”, I think the ideas are a lot of fun. In my eyes, people with that mentality are just hating because it’s something they don’t prefer and they want to be ‘edgy’ (ironic, isn’t it?).

Edit: I know likes aren’t a huge deal but still, woot! Our thread hit 300 :smiley:

6 Likes

Lightforged Undead: Madman! You’re a madman!

Dreven: (holding a sword at the LFU) Blood and thunder. You’ll find plenty of both going around when we get done with you.

Lightforged Undead messenger: No man, Horde or Alliance, threatens a messenger!

Dreven: You’re but a walking abomination, bringing disaster and taking the whole culture of the Forsaken while giving the crushed remains to that she-devil that hides in the light. You insult EVERYTHING both the Forsaken and MY people stand for. You threaten the very foundation of the Horde that it was built on in some perverted, sanctimonious ideal of being “redeemed!” Then you have the audacity to march into OUR city and tell us we must yield to the boy-king and lick his boots clean while we get “redeemed!” Oh, I have chosen my words most carefully, light-demon. Perhaps you should have thought of them too before you allowed yourself to be lightforged!

Lightforged Undead: This is insane! You are madness incarnate!

Dreven: Madness? (chuckles for several several) Nonono…we. Are. DARKFALLEN!

(Dreven kicks the lightforged undead into a bloodwell, with the other lightforged undead nearby soon joining them)

6 Likes

Were they even in the Horde campaign? I know they were in the ally one