San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

She looks like all those maidens from the titan facilities. Very Titan-like. Which is interesting considering humans descend from vrykul which are titan structures. The type of undeath feels artificial compared to San’layn.

I do have to wonder where trolls come from. San’layn’s most ancient ancestors are trolls as far as I know and the blood trolls share similar blood themes.

1 Like

They are datamining things. If you don’t want to be spoiled I suggest avoiding social media in wow groups and wowhead lol.

I don’t mind but thanks for the heads-up. I thought everything was datamined from 8.2 that’s why I was asking if 8.2.5 was up on PTR because I’d love to get some sort of info since Blizz isn’t saying sh!@.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have said datamining for 8.2.5. I was just outside and it’s a scorcher out. Think it cooked my thinker.

2 Likes

Ooo, nice. Thanks!

They show some things that can help us guess what happens next. I do hope Slyvanas comes away being good and horde aligned. I do have my doubts but so far I have remained faithful to her in the campaign. Mostly cause I don’t want Garrosh 2.0.

Can’t wait for the goblin models. I have not spotted any San’layn stuff, but we may have a chance in seeing them with the Gilnean heritage quests. Vampires vs werewolves? That would be an ideal time.

3 Likes

I was hoping for San’layn info but now that I think about it I see it more in the next xpac or possibly 8.3 if anything.

I’d love to see the Goblin heritage armor though. Won’t level one till I see if it’s worth it. Really hoping for something mechanical and explosive tbh.

1 Like

I have my goblin at 114. I will get it regardless. They are very much fun in questing. And yea im thinking this race would be ideal next expansion if the leaks are true.

2 Likes

In my opinion, they ruined the female goblin or at least mine. ;_; She was so cute just like a miniature green Harley Quinn.

1 Like

This new datamined info has pretty much killed a lot of my hope, I will admit. The fact that San’layn showed up in 8.0 and many were killed… They were relavant to the story briefly but got NO new models. Nothing at all. Yet now Calia has one and clearly more lore is coming for the terrible idea that is Lightforged undead.

That tells me a lot, for sure. At least we can say we tried guys. But if Blizzard is determined to ruin the hopes of true undead fans to give the alliance yet another Mary-Sue, so be it. I’m done hoping for a better story at all. The work I’ve put into this thread should tell you how much I care about the story.

No lore came with a Quill that literally had Lana’thel’s name on it, either. I think Blizzard was just trying to appease the crowd and lead us on when they stated they were taking feedback from the community in regards to what we’d like to see added, if I’m going to be honest.

I just wish I didn’t get my hopes up trying to actually do something and inspire good ideas. I wish they’d just give us a no already since it seems like they’ve abandoned any lore for the vampyr.

Admittedly I’m extremely frustrated about this new information and I’m losing hope by each new bit of info.

(For any confused parties, this is Fallynn on an alt.)

4 Likes

I wanted to share some vampire related fanart. I don’t have trust level 3 so if someone can link this who has trust level, I’d appreciate it.

~https://imgur.com/2PwYSVc

Much earlier in this thread Rorrand brought up Gnomeferatu from Hearthstone. After seeing that apart of me immediately wanted vampire gnomes so I made this a 3D recreation of that Hearthstone card as seen here. While this is not Sanlayn, I hope you guys like the fanart I have come up with.

Quick FYI: I am in no way suggesting vampire gnomes(aka glampires) in place of Sanlayn. Just in case that seemed implied.

3 Likes

She looks like a San’layn and they forgot to add the blood and darkness to her

If my priest doesn’t get a transmog like her outfit, I’m gonna be triggered.

I’m actually kind of worried this whole “lightforged undead” thing might be implemented… it makes no sense to me at all. Wouldn’t someone brought back by the light simply be resurrected? Why would the light make someone undead? Isn’t that against everything the light is about? It’s a mockery of life… I’m so confused

Also, just me again with another thread bump :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

Whatever happens.

Let us never stop rejecting Lightforged Undead. That idea is horrid.

6 Likes

Once again and do forgive very much If I say this alot of times. I just had a Name Change. Anyways my support for Playable San’layn and reason why is because I want to have Undead Elves into the Horde and might I say these Customization Options are very nice and very Awesome.

Once again Playable San’layn for the Horde. My 2 Cents.

3 Likes

In my opinion, it is a bit early to speculate that Lightforged Undead are going to be an allied race. Datamining on 8.2.5 stuff has just begun, and theres still more to find out as time goes on.

Calia being put in the game was inevitable, but we don’t know what her role in the game is at all. Other than her method of being resurrected, there hasn’t been anything, to my knowledge, to indicate that there are plans to fill more undead with the power of light and place them as an allied race. Far as I can tell, it’s all just player speculation that Lightforged Undead, or whatever they would be called, would become an allied race.

That said, I stated that I’m not fond of the idea of Lightforged Undead in other threads. The whole concept bothers me, especially if it is used as a way of reusing undead assets to provide Undead on the Alliance. It would bother me even more if they would be considered “redeemed”, which would really make the yeast rise in my anger loaf. Not to mention that Blizzard stated that all races with two legs were considered for allied race status, and that they potentially would come up with this idea out of nowhere of all things is absurd.

I feel like the lack of information and radio silence is just causing more and more frustration as we build up to Blizzcon, and this is assuming we’ll get new playable race news there. All these “leaks” going around don’t help things either, and we’ll likely see more “leaks” pop up as well. It’s a very frustrating time, for sure. <- <

That said, I’ll try to reserve judgement until we get more concrete information in the future. Whatever we get at Blizzcon is likely going to make or break a lot of people’s interest in the game.

I’ll always have hope for my most wanted races, but it can be difficult to maintain said hope at times. x- x

They could be a core race starting at level 1 and get a starting area so don’t lose hope till Blizz craps on our parade.

I’m not into Gnomes just like I’m not into elves but I would play vampire Gnomes or vampire Elves any day. I like the art. GJ. :slight_smile:

I kept thinking Blizz was giving Horde an undead AR but if they are Lightforged does that mean Alliance get them? And if so wtf does Horde get? I heard the Worgen curse makes it so they can’t be undead so my hope of an undead Worgen is gone.

Exactly. It makes NO sense to me. Wouldn’t the undead actual die as in stop existing if they get infused with the light? I say no to Lightforged Undead.

I am getting frustrated with each new patch that Blizz releases with no real info for the players. It’s like they want players to datamine this crap and not actually come out and say it for some stupid reason.

If Blizzcon turns out to be a flop I am losing all faith in Blizz. It’s like their very last build up for me and it better have a freakin firework show worth of info.

4 Likes

5 Likes

She looks lovely, and of course is another case of bringing up questions. While Hearthstone isn’t WoW canon, one can still speculate and wonder how the curse of the vampyr would effect races aside from elves, Vry’kul, and humans, and if it is even possible. No one knows the origin of the curse, nor if it’s exclusive to those three. Gnomes have the same origin of humans, that is, titanic, so I wonder if they too could be inflicted.

You put it into better words than I could, to be honest. I think it would just be a resurrection spell. Why make it this convoluted thing when it can be as simple as that? There’s no need to make up some special snowflakey story just to appease (or in many cases, anger) the Alliance. There’s very few Alliance mains I see too thrilled about the idea as well, at least, from what I’ve observed.

Yes, I agree.

One thing I have to remember is frown upon the idea, and not the people. There will be people that favor, and even love the idea. While I could never understand why, because I myself personally despise the idea, I think to the people that come in here and say “You freaks that want San’layn should shut up.”

If support pops up for this idea that I hate, so be it. I won’t keep my mouth shut as to why I think the lore behind it is silly, and how I really dislike and never will support the idea. But I do support those that want to talk about it, and would never hate them for liking something I don’t. I hate the idea, not the people.

Therefore, I don’t want people seeing me as rude or terrible, and want to make it clear that I respect people’s likes and dislikes while at the same time as holding my own opinion. Just as people disagree with San’layn being added, or our ideas/concepts, I disagree with the idea of “Redeemed” or “Lightforged undead”. I’m going to be mindful to approach it always in a manner of showing distaste for the idea and not those adding to it.

Granted, apparently my disliking idea is warrant for people to attack me as a person sometimes, which is ridiculous. Some people on this forum really need to not bother me when I disagree with things they like and I don’t like.

Regardless, I will continue to reject that idea wholeheartedly. The only case in which I’d just have to not care would be if San’layn were actually added, because at that point, they could add virtually anything and I’d be fine. Which…sounds somewhat selfish, but at least in that case undead fans would get something that actually is a true undead race.

Thanks for stopping in and showing support. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Those are good points, and I have to remember them. It’s just so dang disheartening to see lore for that pop up, and a whole new model, while any other undead lore, especially the one I’m really wanting to see more of, San’layn, is kept completely in the dark. Aside from the undead night elf nonsense, of course.

It’s true, the “Lightforged undead” as an allied race is all based on the players. That’s it. It just seems like lately, all the worst of our fears is coming to pass. The whole war campaign in 8.2 for example was, in my eyes, simply terrible. I hated every moment of it. I didn’t think my dislike for this expansion could sink lower, and I hate it even more than WoD.

So, it just feels like everything I’m not wanting them to do, they’re doing.

Fair enough, though sadly I just am bitter at the models. Models, models, models, it’s all about models I think. They could have hidden models, maybe, who knows. But just… no new models for the San’layn they used in 8.0. New model here for Calia. Makes me very suspicious.

A powerful enough undead can do so, for example, the Lich King. points to worgen Death Knights, and Arugal

Or it’d be a simple resurrection spell too, in which they’re literally just alive. It’s such a whole load of nonsense, and like they’re just trying to make a mary-sue. So, a human glowing with light in addition to having the raw strength of an undead. It just seems so ‘prim and perfect’ for the Alliance that it grinds my gears. Lightforged goats make sense because they’ve always been fanatics and were alive to begin with. But Lightforged undead? Just… no.

Yes, I agree. The fact that we have to wait for datamines for info, then have our fears confirmed, is driving me nuts. Sometimes I wonder if they are even listening to any feedback at all. They didn’t for portals, haven’t been giving any word, at all, for Allied races, and lied to us. “We’re going to communicate more”, then cue the radio silence.

It’s a lot of frustration, and I feel like me and other players are getting tired of it. To the point where I unsubbed and am taking a break. My sub, of course, doesn’t expire for months though. But in the meantime, who cares, I’m not touching a game I derive no joy from. This and my discord are the extend of my WoW adventures now.

3 Likes

Personally I was thinking vrykul but ethereals would definitely be great

This is a cool, compelling idea.

I think they’d have to be behind some crazy requirements to prevent the world from being flooded with them!

1 Like