San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I get so much Vincent Valentine vibes from that : 3

San’layn as playable race could work well with the Forsaken. I mean they are undeads so more undead stuffs for the Horde could be welcomed.

5 Likes

The San’layn would be such a great asset for the Horde considering their mastery of blood magic and that they can control the mindless members of the Scourge.

They can flip remaining Scourge strongholds into Horde strongholds.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve played it a bit. It’d be neat if they added it to 4 as well, but some are thinking they’ll keep it as a draw for Immortal…eh. I’ve yet to get 4. I played the beta a bit with my brother and enjoyed it so maybe we’ll get it at some point. I’d played around on Immortal a little just because it’s free.

I’ve not yet got the ability to change into the abomination form or whatever it’s called. Since it’s a specific ability, it is something you can skip.

3 Likes

So far I’m still not really convinced that the Dark Ranger Skin Tune was enough for the Dark Ranger and San’layn Fantasy in General. I really would like to see more Darkfallen options than what we got.

7 Likes

Hopefully blizzard will consider this. Seems like alliance may get Eredar and druid of the flame skins. ALl horde seem to get is some undead skin tones I thought we had in classic wow (at least the greens).

7 Likes

I’m really happy for folks getting druids of the flame and Man’ari. Wishes and dreams are coming through for those folks. I hope they consider the ideas here and take them seriously too. Many did spend years compiling ideas, art, and stories for it. While some folks have either left for good or have dead spirits/do not RP anymore (I would be counted as one of those) I still hope it comes to fruition. It would be nice to log in casually and do a quest for San’layn customization + see my character as one. Maybe even see roleplayers, even if I no longer play in WoW, building some really neat characters and finally not need to get into long debates on ‘oh they are not in the horde’ or not.

Edit: Also is this thread seriously going to be five years old when it comes to be September? It existed on the old forums too, before it was remade. Mindboggling.

16 Likes

bumping this thread i still want a vampire elf too

4 Likes

This bat is announcing that San’layn would still make an awesome Horde race and with the new month beginning, you can help show support by submitting in-game feedback on races you want to see playable!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Even if they would end up as a customization race, I don’t want them forgotten. Thus why I keep up the support as best as I can! :man_vampire:

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Still waiting for San’layn for the Horde as their own AR. (or at least San’layn customizations. We got Dark Ranger where are the San’layn Blizz!?)

7 Likes

I haven’t posted in this thread for quite some time but I did want to stop and re-request that the current Dark Ranger skintone and red eye color be separated from one another so that other eye colors can be used with the skintone and the red eye color can be used on any other skintone like how it works with every other customization option. :bat: :bat: :bat:

Also, San’layn as a Horde Core Race/Horde Allied Race or at least customizations for Blood Elves would be lovely Blizzard. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

10 Likes

Did a search of San’layn artwork on DeviantArt and came across one someone made of their San’layn character. Not sure if it was shared before, so apologies if it has been. It was created by Sadismancer and uploaded to the website on August 27th, 2018.

“Alearel” by Sadismancer on DeviantArt

This is the type of example I like to share to show off how San’layn could look as their own race. Something that you get more of a vampire look and feel as opposed to just slapping skins onto another race and having them look and sound like that race pretty much.

Edit: I did notice that the character looks more like a Night Elf than a Blood Elf. Still great to share, given the design of the character. I suppose there is kinda precedence for Night Elf San’layn with Darkfallen on Horde and Alliance now, much as I strongly prefer them as Horde only in my own personal opinion. Long as we get Horde Blood Elf San’layn, I’m honestly happy.

It’s something I’ll have hunt to find more examples of. Sure, the chances of seeing San’layn as a customization race is still higher, but I’ll keep supporting them as a full Horde race as best as I can. :man_vampire:

–82 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

4 Likes

I saw this one today, reddit had recommended it to me. It’s a transmog, sounds like a few pieces are warlock only. Night elf character.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Transmogrification/comments/15ix4y3/vampire_queen/

5 Likes

Still waiting for this to be added. I’d even trade void elves for San’layn

That’s really cool.

4 Likes

Yep, the person did a great job on it.
Makes me wanna see what other mogs people have shared.

4 Likes

Came across an art piece on DeviantArt of a male vampire knight I wanted to share for San’layn inspiration. It was created by Tira-Owl and was uploaded to the website on June 5th, 2017.

“Vampire Knight” by Tira-Owl on DeviantArt

I’ve started to hunt for vampire artwork of various classes. I figured that would help to show off how San’layn could look for various classes classes and inspire transmogs for them also.

I’ll be gradually hunting for and sharing more art pieces as I come across them. :man_vampire:

–78 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

2 Likes

Imgur
San’Layn - by NastanianArt

6 Likes

Do you have an updated list or is this one current? I can’t find a thread for Vrykul or Satyr.

That list of megathreads is a little outdated since the OP has stopped playing WoW. A few of the other megathreads have updated lists, such as mine (Saurok, Stonemaul Ogres) at the bottom.

As for Vrykul and Satyr megathreads, I have yet to see megathreads for either, and a lot of us have been here since BfA was announced, so I don’t think there has ever been one for either. If they ever get made, we’ll be sure to add them to our megathread lists.

–73 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

5 Likes