San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Technically it’d be a forsaken AR due to being undead. I’m not angry though, it’s okay to have different opinions & wants, and you’ve never been mean to me. You’ve always been a considerate person, to be honest.

That said, it might not even be an AR, still might be customization if anything at all, like Night Warrior, given they mentioned that specifically when asked about Dark Ranger customization.

3 Likes

I’ve never put much stock into the races get one-for-one AR slot notion, that’s just the pattern that seemed to follow, and was easy to put into a box. We like doing stuff like that, but it wasn’t a requirement or restriction.

1 Like

It’d be nice if many requests were answered but that’s clearly too much to ask for them.

3 Likes

You’re too strong, got a skull next to your nameplate.

2 Likes

It’s the fairest way to do it. You can’t place objective value on each race and realistically the primary audience for each new AR is players of its parent race.

points at Vulpera, Void Elves, and Nightborne

I’d be willing to put good money that Vulpera and goblin players have a lot of overlap, as do nightborne and blood elves.

1 Like

They don’t and have no interactions in their recruitment scenario from what I recall, they’re similarities end at “smol” basically.

Exactly. So people who like goblins already obviously like playing a small character.

1 Like

You lost me

I mean if you want to like playing as a smol boi you don’t play a tauren. You play as a goblin.

1 Like

Yeah? Not sure what that has to do with the previous discussion.

Well that is interesting. I had ruled out Alexstraza because there’s no official art of her with that symbol - even the latest promotional art. Huh… what a shame.

Edit: So this is a fan model by a 3D artist using a couple of the files in the PTR that I posted (notably, the middle one is missing). There’s not files for the rest of that outfit as far as I’ve seen, so I’m not convinced this rules out anything.

Alexstraza’s jewels have also been a purplish red in promo art/model from WoW to Hearthstone to HOTS, and the jewel is a deeper red in the PTR files, so I dunno.

Also don’t get why her in-game model would be different than the promo art (there’s quite a few differences)

In case anyone wants the source of the art though: https://twitter.com/lidcarter/status/1512140469551173637

1 Like

Aha! The speculation is back on!

I was going to say this looks a bit different then the official art we got which didn’t have that sigil or quite those colours. A fan obviously saw the textures and assumed they had to do with alex but that’d be weird why would it be broken up like that?

1 Like

Part of the encryption process?

If not it might be because that’s just how those come before they’re applied to the model, don’t know the exact terminology but you see that kitbash setup for assets in 3D modeling a lot.

Someone pointed out the logo on the armor texture is similar to the Void elf one, and if you look long enough, you’ll see it.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/037/253/154/large/gloria-stamova-voidelfcrest1.jpg?1619895352

• Upside down version of blood elf logo
  • Gem in middle
  • Two ‘feathers’ on the sides of the gem
  • the way the larger symbol creates 2 ‘prongs’

That’s not to say I think the logo is related to void elves, though. The color is wrong, for one. But the void elf logo is a flipped belf logo because of their “fallen from grace” status - and if this new logo in the texture is Darkfallen, a similar theme applies.

1 Like

Awwwwwww yissssssss, we bat in business.

3 Likes

You know even though the darkfallen might not happen I have a had a blast trying to play detective on ptr trying to figure out if the leak was real and discovering the darkfallen lore. I still believe it might happen but if not I’m still happy learning and enjoying the ptr.

would that make you a… BLOOD hound? sniffing out any traces of darkfallen

1 Like