San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

The Maw just became so much better.

unfortunately realistically he’s probably a random venthyr or transferred to another covenant after the fact. maw has very high standards considering some venthyr quite literally have committed genocides. but who knows maybe daddy denathrius smuggled him into the maw cause he was apparently doing that.

2 Likes

It would be amazing to see a bunch of new races based on ones people have requested, including from the race request megatheads. Of course, it would make my day to see some I’ve been wanting in particular (a reason I keep at it with both my Stonemaul Ogre and Saurok megathreads), but it would also be great to see others get their wishes granted as well.

While I don’t know what to expect for 9.2.5, maybe we’ll get lucky and see that happen gradually as time goes on. :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

Blessing this thread with the adorable in hopes of playable vampyr elves sometime soon.

10 Likes

Some part of the soul has to want redemption usually. Afaik. I think even though Garosh insisted he didn’t do anything wrong his soul was conflicted enough to be bordering between maw and revendreth.

Awww the cuteness, also I’m stealing this. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Every day, actually twice a wow I check wowhead for news on Darkfallen or any other allied race.

2 Likes

I wanna be a vampire! It’s not good enough to cosplay.

I’m stealing this to post on my discord.

6 Likes

Just a quick stop by to ask for playable San’layn as an Allied Race for the Horde or at least San’layn customizations for Blood Elves and for the Horde because I totally want my red eyes and my burgundy hair color. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Bonus points for pink eyes and pink hair color as well. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

But you’re already so cute!

5 Likes

And back to elf DK to make people suffer.

Now for an actual post from me: I just found out about the travel forms for Druids they added last patch (9.1.5), I adore the Runestags but was giddy to see we have more bats now too! So bat mode transportation is picking up steam.

I need vampires so bad. Please blizzard!!!

5 Likes

I want to ask y’all a question but I hope I don’t want to make y’all mad. I heard rumors that darkfallen “might” come to both alliance and horde. So what is the difference between darkfallen and death knights. Also what makes darkfallen really special because I generally do not know.:grinning:

No worries, it’s a good question that people not in the know might not know.

So the specific race we’re talking about, Darkfallen, vampyr elves, are undead specifically inflicted with the vampyr curse, meaning they crave blood, at least indicated by many quotes from the Blood Princes.

Dark Rangers might also now fall under the Darkfallen banner, but they are not vampiric (as far as we know). They are banshee, powerful undead that I don’t know as much about as I do ‘San’layn’. Based on Sylvanas’s past endeavors, one might assume she can suck the life out of someone in a different way (Battle for Azeroth trailer, her special move). I do not think Banshee have a need to ‘feed’ though, but I could be wrong.

That said, originally Darkfallen were just San’layn, and the difference between them and Death Knights is that they are a race as opposed to a class. They can be multiple classes, as seen in En’kila (chokepoint in Borean Tundra) Darkfallen priest boss.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Priest_Andorath

In ICC, we saw rogues, warriors, and mages for the San’layn/Darkfallen, plus whatever powers the Blood Princes have (one might call them blood mages as well.) The Blood Princes were in the Death Knight starting zone, helping to train the Death Knights, so Death Knight in my personal opinion would not only be viable but necessary as a class for them.

Basically, it’s like how void elf = / = Void Priest. Death Knight is specifically a class and a different type of undead. Blood Death Knights do not require blood to feed upon, nor do they crave it. I believe the need to torture/kill is drilled into Death Knights, but it is a different sort of ‘addiction’.

The vampyr curse, meanwhile, is a different type of undeath, with possible origins as far back as the Vry’kul (as seen in the Stormheim questline https://www.wowhead.com/quest=42641/what-the-bonespeakers-buried ). We now know that it can inflict non-elves (humans) based on the vampirates, so one might be able to assume it can hit everyone except worgen, perhaps.

It’s just like how Forsaken = / = Death knights, as they are a different type of undead & can be many classes. Playable zombies feels pretty different than Death Knights, so we’re looking to have playable vampires in that same vein.

So yeah, that generally sums it up. Death Knights are not vampires, nor are they banshee. They are a specific type of undead and tied to a class to boot. Sort of like Dracthyr, actually, but DK can be many races.

15 Likes

San’layn can be death knights. And we have seen San’layn be other classes in Ice Crown Citadel Raid, and death knight campaign for the frost dk artifact.

As for darkfallen it is generally an undead elf generally high elf that are in the horde as they died defending Silvermoon from the attack on Arthas. The third war dks we play as blood elves can also say they were high elves and have similar origins. Although dks tend to be raised by more powerful magics. Blizz included dark rangers and san’layn as different types of darkfallen.

Dark rangers although usually a hunter class spin off of using shadow magics instead of nature due to there undeath, they struggled to use nature magics and Slyvanas developed dark rangers.

San’layn in the book are undead who use blood magics, something the blood elves used in life. Arthas cursed the San’layn with a blood curse since he is very spiteful. And he made the dks who he created suffer from afflictions such as that they must afflict pain and kill people to not suffer pain. So a similar situation with the san’layn was assumed although we aren’t entirely sure of the blood origin. Shadowlands showed us that they probably are connected to the Venthyr and Nathrezim who have had similar magics. Although san’layn due tend to use blood magic instead of anima magic. Perhaps there is a connection there.

The blood dk spec is heavily influenced by San’layn magics/blood magics. And we see san’layn dks in the blood wing of ICC. But it doesn’t mean San’layn can’t be other classes, I believe we saw them be mages, hunters, dks, warriors etc.

Night elves are also dark rangers, so they can be considered darkfallen as well by blizz’s new defintion in the new Slyvanas book…

As far as we know the new allied race theory is speculation based on a leak that predicted everything a few days before we saw the press release, we still haven’t seen the preorder bonus, and they encrypted many stuff in the ptr, so it is an interesting situation if it were true, but we have had no indication from the devs that it is so.

We only heard from the last interview that the devs would consider a night warrior like situation for darkfallen or something when the story seems right.

And the story has been right for a few expansions now…lol… We can only hope it’s true but I will not hold out hope until I see an official word. Hopefully soon.

All we saw on the ptr was some heritage armor weapons that all races can use after unlocking them.

4 Likes

I’m trying to be careful because I don’t want this to be another lightbound undead situation and some don’t want this to happen. I want to wait and see but love to speculate how fun they might be.

1 Like

ORC VAMPIRE ORC VAMPIRE ORC VAMPIRE!

Sorry… I got excited.

3 Likes

I fully support the vampyr curse on all races, to be honest. I was actually hoping that’d be customization granted by Covenants. Earnable customization like that for all races, I mean. There could have been something for each covenant. Alas… it never happened.

But yeah, orc vampires would be neat too, honestly. The more the merrier, in my eyes :heart_eyes:

5 Likes