San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

well you know how it is…wow writing :wink:

1 Like

I’m not missing that part… Sylvanas would have killed her.

1 Like

Yes and not during a time where they were doing things like getting rid of the Warchief title and answering to the Alliance.

These were races that could relate to being misfits. Not a Paltrow type.

Good. She should do it again, and keep repeating until Calia gets the message.

2 Likes

Lots think she might just be a secret villain bat but I think it’s more likely she’ll represent the compassion of the light instead of the extremist zealotry when that stuff picks up steam. At least I hope, the forsaken don’t need another plot involving helping a genocidal leader.

Not while they are hinting at the light being not exactly a good thing. Leading to cult like genocide.

1 Like

Well I think thematically it’s interesting that Calia represents both Light and Death. Those are two things that have represented Lordaeron, Light in life, and Death with the forsaken.

Calia in a way can represent a new way for forsaken to live with the light, basically light paladins. Perhaps they are working the lore that the city of lordaeron blesses its people again with the light or something who knows.

We know blizzard is working towards all the race/class combos. So in a way this could be leading up to forsaken paladins.

EIther way I am excited to see what 9.2.5 brings with the storyline for them. Because right now they are sort of in a pickle without a way to make more forsaken. So a cultural shift might be necessary or new sources of necromancy.

1 Like

I think there would be drastically less vitriol where Calia is concerned if they told her story in-game.

1 Like

Agreed, probably a recap. I think she will be involved with the forsaken heritage armor storyline probably. Getting to know the Lordaeron roots.

She can represent staying away, in her own place. Her quests are thankfully only Alliance side for now. It should stay that way.

1 Like

Well if she stays alliance I can see her trying to get Lordaeron back as an enemy/opposing force. Like the theory that she will lead the Night elf Darkfallen or something. Since the night elf dark rangers left with her at the end of BFA.

There is no logical way gameplay wise to make that happen. It’s still a starting and quest area.

Oh the new Lordaeron map is speculated to be a permenant thing. The old leveling zone probably will still be there via chromie time.

If we do get new darkfallen allied races/ it is speculated we will start there as the theory goes. And updates to some dark ranger quests on the ptr.

We see with like how they did the N’zoth invasions that we can chromie time to invasions and other phases as endgame zones.

2 Likes

Yeah just like there was a new Silvermoon map and a new Northrend one. Years ago.

Speculation is just that. They have never changed a starting area.

And if they change everything for her, it’d just make me hate her worse.

And as far as bronze dragons, we have way too many of those instances.

1 Like

That’s how they handle phasing though. I could see dragonflight maybe have us going to a modern phased version of DragonBlight for example. Possibly fight Galakrond somehow.

Bringing Lordaeron back seems like something the alliance wants so that will probably be a horde vs alliance issue.

Blizzard has sown the seeds that the void/shadows want Silvermoon’s sun well. So they hinted narratively that it may be a future target for someone like void elves.

We have had raids where we attack Orgrimmar, Zandalar. So having like a Lordaeron Raid wouldn’t be something off the table some day. However they choose to tell the story.

2 Likes

I don’t care what the Alliance wants. And the Void stuff was just to establish Velves.

1 Like

Well I mostly mean in the narrative. We as players may have different views but like the npcs have there plot drives and there reasons to want to kill each other and there military goals.

The alliance want there light city back. As a horde/forsaken that place is where you lived in life and where you lived in death, so I myself think it’s an interesting conflict as a zombie race. With light roots, the forsaken can’t really use the light they used to worship and had there whole lives wrapped around.

So perhaps we will see some lore implications on the interaction with light magic. Perhaps maybe Calia convinces the light to somehow not harm the forsaken when they channel it somehow. She is in a unique position.

Perhaps she can commune with it and tell it to work a bit differently with the forsaken to not heal there own wounds as it’s painful. We know the light is rigid, controlling, stringent, but maybe we can see a change in how the light operates like we saw with the death beings.

Either way the story goes on. At some point blizzard was going to kill of all the forsaken besides the playable characters in BFA, glad that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

The void elves have no canon interest in the Sunwell. An Ethereal used Alleria as a portal to attack it, and the Void Lords might be interested. But the void elves are not. Any talk about void elves attacking the Sunwell is just some weird player request with no lore backing.

10 Likes

Again, I don’t care what the Alliance want. Even from a story standpoint. It wouldn’t even be them getting anything back because the are the Alliance of Stormwind. The Alliance of Lordaeron died off with Terenas. And some little Mary Sue over a decade later showing up doesn’t change that.

Lordaeron no longer has a monarchy.

I’m not sure if you are Alliance on a Horde character. But this push is suspicious.

Blizzard has already said there are no major changes coming to EK nor Kalimdor.

2 Likes

Does that poster ever stop pushing for a Silvermoon issue that is a detriment to BE fans like if you’re anti BE just say that