San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

We disagree on a few things but I’ve always loved how constructive you’ve always been and your post style true and consistent :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks sweetheart and I feel the same about you which is why every time anyone speaks badly about you, I am always the first to come to your defense. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

I’d post a gif but I seem to have not kept up on the reading portion for TL3 on Lannisterian so insert sad face

2 Likes

Awww, I’m sure you’ll have it back in no time but it’s the thought that counts so it’s all good. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

Yeah that is a pretty good point. I’m sad about Dreven dying but understand why Shandris did it too. It seemed like it was legit just:
San’layn: “Well we need a home. So we’re going to listen to this warchief I guess.”
Alliance: “We’re going to go kill them now because we likely should, and they are killing us.”
(Both sides being pretty justified, given the war.)

And just… everyone going at it in this war or whatever. The cannon fodder thing disappointed me too, since they were looking for a home in the Horde and it hinted at them joining. I know everyone brings up “but they ate forsaken”, but I always wonder if he was kinda told to do that? If Sylvanas literally instructed: “Do everything you can including that to prevent the alliance hero from stopping us from getting that corpse.” Considering she was SUPER gung ho about it, I would not be surprised. Meaning Prince Dreven might have tried to do that in order to both preserve himself and delay everyone, but ended up biting the dust in the end anyway.

^ That’s all headcanon, of course, but speculation on my end. Who knows.

Yeah that’s the thing, it certainly felt that way. Sometimes I wonder if I’m just overreacting on it too, so it’s good to feel a bit validated there. I was just trying to explain why I was upset and why some parties were not arguing in good faith, and being built as a ‘gatekeeper’. Given that Blizzard will likely never lower faction barrier, I don’t think anyone could blame me for wanting this race on Horde, where they were blood elves anyway to begin with, loyal to Kael (who is now back kinda .-.)

I was all sorts of this last night:

My claim to fame is a smack for saying “Grow up” to another poster, which would be fine if I didn’t see other people get away with far worse -.- ALSO YEAH I REMEMBER THAT! This thread got locked for the first time ever during that. It was bonkers…

Yeah I think that’s why I really got extremely annoyed with the entire situation. Just looking at this thread and all of the ideas we’ve shared and all… it just… yeah. Like someone might be like “WELL YOU DON’T HAVE ALL THE AUTHORITY ON SAN’LAYN” and they would be right. But…where were they, exactly, when I started this up a while ago? Where were their threads, their work putting this all together? I mean, I made entire videos on this stuff, and created gods know how many stories for lore ideas here too. Likely all of which will go unheard at this point, but still.

I’ve roleplayed San’layn prior to leaving in February for years. Kept the hype up, much to the annoyance of some people I’m sure, and was made fun of for liking pretty vampires quite a bit. But I didn’t want to give up because I figured others were as passionate as me out there. The San’layn community is very shy, after all. And most that I talk to get harassed for even wanting or playing San’layn (ah, I remember the story of someone who tried getting me fired from my job via fake review since my guild RP’d San’layn. So yeeeah… people will go overboard.)

Some are pretty yikes cases of cyberbullying. So yes, while I definitely am not going to be the deciding factor, and shouldn’t, it’s just really annoying to see some parties jump in on bad faith to take these ideas to their faction (a notion that doesn’t make sense to me personally) to spite the Horde…when their troubles aren’t our fault.

I wouldn’t be so upset if they were like “How about neutral” or arguing in good faith, like "I truly love the alliance and really wish we saw San’layn on there since I love vampyrs and the faction :slight_smile: " But that isn’t the case, it’s spite, and I have proof I’ve linked before. I think that’s what grinds my gears the most, and then at the same time trying to rally up a bunch of disgruntled alliance players to support it for void elves which didn’t exist until the very end of Legion.

No one proposed San’layn for the alliance aside from in a joking manner prior to the very recent things, and it just… yeah. I think I’ve explained enough though, I’m preaching to the choir, but it’s nice to get off of my chest. Not to mention, elaborating more might help my case against some who are trying to twist me into some terrible person off-forum, which is unfortunately ongoing.

I could have gotten so much done last night and am trying to finish my blog articles (Halloween related )for October, yet there I was in that thread all day arguing, which is another reason why I was so angry at myself.

4 Likes

where? what thread?

Sorry! “Why the lack of customization” thread, it happened last night.

Here’s some vampire elf images I found that fulfill my particular fantasy

7 Likes

Yessss, I love good art in this thread, I adore when art or stories are shared! Thsese are gorgeous images ^^

(Yes, I’m probably a Toredor…)

2 Likes

I want a new Vampire Masquerade game that isn’t a battle royal :frowning:

2 Likes

I want an MMORPG or at least one that has a few multiplayer modes so I could play with my lover ;-;

3 Likes

can ya scroll real fast thru threads, heart a couple posts and then go to new thread, post brief response, couple hearts, repeat?

I totally understand where you are coming from, I really do, that’s why I stood by you yesterday/last night and why I will continue to because I don’t think you did or said anything wrong. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Edit - hmmm not sure why it replied to your whole post but oh well. :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Gods darn it, I fixed a typo, that should make more sense now.

I was unsubscribed I checked some but not hardly anything or not enough to retain it anyways, was a few months I’ve been gone, played some swtor, tried ffxiv before I left but really I just go through periods where I’m not into gaming, I was enjoying my hot boy summer and it was my birthday in August so in true Leo fashion the whole month is very important.

I’m sure I’ll get tl3 again if I stick around!

2 Likes

that vid of the san’layn killing a gnome, was kinda gruesome. some people will faint at the sight of blood. (not me, blood and needles dont make me squeamish at all). the devs may need to tone that down. lol but how could they without detracting from the vamp fx. i dont recall it being gory like that in icc.

I hope not! I love gore and blood in the game, that was one of my all time favorite parts. I haven’t been banned yet for sharing particularly gruesome art of my OCs on this thread, but I do hide it behind a spoiler tag technically. I wonder if I could find some really gory stuff from a PG-13 movie though that would also justify it. I know I shared an abomination here before that was gruesome to cover my butt.

2 Likes

probably would work if they made it like lock drain life but in red fx, perhaps

Imagine all the fun the San’layn could have working with the Dark Animus.

4 Likes

Oh you mean if it’s added for San’layn? I imagine it’d look like the “Bloodrinker” Death Knights have effect-wise!

1 Like