San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

This would be cool. I’m of the opinion that DH being restricted is nonsense, regardless of “but illidan is gone”. They make and ruin lore all the time, they can make rogue demon crews to defeat if they wanted. I’m heavily against restrictions that make no sense and are arbitrary. The DH ones to me are exactly that.

5 Likes

I was thinking about this for awhile. Would Northrend be the most likely place to go back to during this expansion?

If they pull a patch similar to N’zoth in BfA where the Jailor starts attacking Azeroth, maybe to keep us busy and occupied while he gets power or something, how likely is Northrend? I suppose there is a hole in the sky there that could act as an entrance to the living world for him, which could be interesting.

Of course, if he sends minions to attack and jail living beings, I’m curious where all would be the most likely of places this would occur. I assume it would be places where, as I mentioned, would get the Horde and Alliance to focus on to save people there while letting the Jailor…do things I guess.

Either way, we could see some races assisting factions, like the San’layn and Kelfin assisting the Horde, assuming they aren’t already helping with the undead threat in the area. The San’layn could really earn some brownie points helping against the undead and the Jailor’s minions while we’re busy in the Shadowlands.

This of course assumes we’ll see what is going on in Azeroth while we’ve been busy in the Shadowlands. Guess we’ll have to see where the storyline takes up. It could be interesting depending on how it plays out. I also don’t see the Covenant races sticking around in the living world at all once we’re done in the Shadowlands, so it would be a temporary visit from what I can see.

Anyway, sorry if I rambled a bit too randomly. Trying to make sense after working on college work all day isn’t easy. :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

I figured it might be more likely than other areas, mainly because of the prepatch–the scourge is still rampaging, and I believe the gate between Shadowlands and Azeroth has been opened in Northrend itself. My idea is that we return for a patch to Northrend to fight the rampaging scourge, possibly have a raid related to that. Maybe even a new ICC, which I would personally be super game for. Or bringing back Naxx for a THIRD TIME hehe. Or similar necropolis.

Shoutout to bringing back Dalaran once again for this as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh also… I don’t think it was explained why exactly old scourge villains were being brought back. That could very well come up again.

6 Likes

Only if they don’t remove the second one like they did the first one.

I swear…

5 Likes

It would be a shame to waste that skybox.

5 Likes

Back to art. I will have a vampyr character tomorrow ^^ But yeah, figured I’d share my disc priest because she’s a blood elf. Her name is Aliceri.

Note to newcomers: I am new to art! Just a beginner! I share to keep hype going.

8 Likes

I mean there’s always another bigger threat anyway. The Legion was after the world soul, they’re not the only ones. It only makes sense to restore/strengthen your numbers.
Start training other illidar (Fel Orcs, Man’ari, Naga, Broken) and any other races that have powers that could be utilized in a similar way (San’layn, Void Elves) or other races that’d be up to the challenge (nightborne and whatever else they wanna add).

Anything can be made to make sense with a little accompanying story.
I’d be all for new class visual themes to help expand classes to races that don’t have them while having them make sense.

Really need a team at blizzard whose sole purpose is further character customization, whether it’s appearance options, races, classes, class visual themes, whatever…the more the better.
As questionable a move as it would be…I’d even say, for me, if they were paid shop items to pay for the salaries of that team, I’d still be pretty likely to buy the ones I wanted/liked. Having the WoW token means you could always redeem it for shop balance and get it that way. 5-10-15$…a single token isn’t all that bad and would pay for one or more of those. Had I not bought the Brutosaur, I’d be sitting on a pretty good chunk of gold going unused. I don’t use much of my gold as it already is.

Northrend or any old world zones…I wouldn’t be surprised if they did something like that as it’s lazy content. You can add stuff for people to do without having to create a whole new zone, plus it is kinda nice seeing the old zones actually being used.
Before Legion, I always thought it’d have been really cool to full on lose, be sent to/trapped on another world for an expansion (that’s sorta currently happening) then return to find most of the old world in the grasp of the Legion…we’d have then played through defeating them zone by zone and actually having it represented visually throughout the zones. Would have been really neat seeing a blighted fel blasted landscape being returned to health by us.

So what’s going on here with the purpley bits? Her voidform that’s also sorta it’s own creature?

4 Likes

While not San’layn related from what I saw, it looks like Kael’thas will be having a reunion coming:

Thought I would link it since it is Kael’thas related. Will continue to keep an eye out on news relating to him and San’layn in general. :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Yeah I agree entirely. I very much wish they had this sort of thing for sure. And yeah, I know FFXIV has some stuff in their shop, but their shop had been there from the start, so it might explode heads if they ever do that. If they were transparent with “either it is this way or you don’t get it at all” I’m sure there’d be more people on board.

Yeah that’s the gist of it, sort of like a dark-side of herself to be visualized. It’s mostly a metaphor, not really something that exists to her as a character, more of how people might see her (theoretically) when she delves into void magic, since Discs balance both light and void. She has an interesting ‘companion’ that helps her along, making her lean more toward powerful void. She can be scary when using it.

Thanks for sharing! I haven’t looked into it but might eventually :slight_smile: Who knows, perhaps some day it will become relevant.

I did end up finishing my vampyr, this is one of my main OCs, Ares.

(Note to newcomers: I am a beginner artist, so this won’t be great yet.)

'Course, I drew him as his vampire self as opposed to San’layn self, so his sclera is white here (he’s also not berserking, so his eyes are just a normal crimson rather than pitch black.)

I think I’ll try my hand, sometime soon, at drawing a frenzying vampyr, with a deep pitch black gaze. For now, I’ve just been practicing poses and shading.

7 Likes

They added the Necromancer to Diablo 3 via a shop purchase that was mainly just for it. I wouldn’t mind paying 15$ for new classes. Sure would keep things more interesting having some added more often.

Pretty cool. I’ve thought a void knight style class taking a bunch of the already introduced elements would be fun. Also we need more void based stuff to play as. It’d be nice to have an actual void class for a void elf or whoever.
Something I was thinking would be pretty neat was sorta like Venom with a medieval twist, which is already seen in the Void corrupted Broken in MacAree, but having it a full corruption/partnership. You’d get a void form, maybe go for a toggle approach so people can use it or not, but have it more physical based, compared to the less physical approach a shadow priest has. Let us customize the appearance, stuff based off old gods or other void minions we’ve seen. Go the route of Xal’atath and maybe add some flavor text/voice lines as though it’s talking to your character at times in the same way she did.
We saw the weapons as being alive…so I was thinking it’d be neat if maybe some sort of void creature was bound to the weapons to create them, you start as a warrior captured on some mission against the void, same locations these creatures are being bound to weapons, you and one of the creatures manage to team up and escape, it bonds with you through the escape giving you void abilities…Voidbound/Voidblade…shrugs Kinda going off the “Blades of the Black Empire” kinda idea. So many abilities they made last expansion that are now just going to waste. Be cool to see them being used for something. Did a little post/write up for it a long while back, didn’t get many views or comments.

Also be neat if they ever went the class visual themes route and gave us priest options that could be fully light based or void…maybe a cultist vibe.
Then again, I still wish shadow was an aspect of the Light as it should be, and have Light/Shadow vs Void/Darkness. Have the current priest go back to a shadowy setup along with light as it’s always been, but could have a darker counterpart in the Cultist.

Tons of fun stuff could be done.
Anyway, the face on your art kinda got me thinking about the class idea thing…warrior turning into an aberration, big toothy maw, 6 eyes, horns, head crests, back tentacles, whatever lol.

3 Likes

Did Shadowlands kneecap enthusiasm - or at least, hope - for anyone else concerning getting more races? It killed the momentum of implementation… I doubt we’ll ever see a return to the earnest addition of more options.

1 Like

Monster concepts unfortunately rarely do. I think it does sound interesting though. Kinda making that drawing a physical thing as opposed to metaphor!

I’m glad it can bring up good ideas! :slight_smile: I do think the sound of that is neat.

For me, admittedly, yes. But I figure I should at least try to share ideas if that makes sense. I’ll be honest and say I don’t like anything about Shadowlands at this point. I stopped playing the game months ago. On that note I figured I should keep at trying to still keep interest in what those who want San’layn added (and pop into other AR threads too). Perhaps in a couple years they’ll actually take a look at all the feedback. I think the only things that would get me to play again would be playable San’layn (either AR or customization with lore) and/or neutral guild options.

A fools dream but I can say we tried for as long as possible.

3 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt since if comes from 4chan, but there’s apparently a Shadowlands related Northrend “leak” with a Ziggurat floating over somewhere in what appears to be in Borean Tundra or Dragonblight.

`https://i.imgur.com/oAqx85g.jpg

6 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

Well, let’s see if this gets deleted for confirmation.

5 Likes

I personally got it off Mmo champion’s forum. I will never go to 4chan.

6 Likes

The thread or the image? I doubt they’d delete an entire thread for such petty stupid reasons, but…

4 Likes

I think he means the post with the image.

4 Likes

Hopefully not, but if so c’est la vie.

5 Likes