San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Gonna be honest I really, really hope not because I’m not a fan of the author and really don’t feel like having more people jump on the ‘the undead are mindless killing machines and meant to be monsters I can make myself feel better by killing’ when I try to play characters with some semblance of a personality :frowning: I just feel like they’d be hit with the villain bat again, like in Battle for Azeroth.

Yeah I used this on my Death Knight before I quit, I thought it was meta for a while. Not sure anymore though, it’s been a few months. The visual effect is neat. There’s a trinket/move from revendreth uh general draven that makes a blood shield effect as well, that looks like what Dreven used before he died. Ironically.

2 Likes

It’s probably the better of the three, just seems like it could use a big buff to it.
3000 health over almost 3 seconds is kinda meh. I’m sure it’ll get better as my gear does.
It’s a neat effect though. Very fitting to a Vampire.
Not really tried tombstone.
Guess Heartbreaker might shine when hitting multiple targets in your D&D to get more Death Strikes.

3 Likes

Still seems to be for raid progression, just, yeah I’m gonna ignore this damage you’re doing for a bit jeopardy thinking music plays

3 Likes

Yeah I remember using it in my rotation in raids, heck I recall using it in Legion when I took raiding seriously (well, as seriously as ‘I’ll try heroic’, not mythic because I don’t have time for that nonsense.) It is a pretty strong heal, I do like it a lot. Blood Death Knight in general is a good vampire class, I’m confident if we ever did get playable San’layn, we’d also get access to DK. (I mean come on, DK were trained by the BLOOD PRINCES!)

3 Likes

Ye, they gave us cookies and rings!

2 Likes

Imgur

Throwback to my visit with the San’layn on the ship in BfA.

Have we ever talked about a blood orb racial? I think that would be appropriate. Look at them, chilling there with their orbs and high fashion.

Good times.

5 Likes

A party buff racial would be awesome.

4 Likes
6 Likes

I too would like to insta kill obnoxious party members.

6 Likes

Oh oh oh what about a feeding racial, you feed on an ally and you get healed and they get a haste buff

6 Likes

I love this idea.

5 Likes

Looks like the threw us Dark Ranger fans a bone with the bow ability, albeit a Shadowlands expansion only bone. It’d be nice to have permanent addition to the Dark Ranger fantasy, but everything we get we lose. I still hold out hope that they took out Black Arrow because they’re secretly planning Dark Rangers as a class.

5 Likes

You know what I’d love on a Dark Ranger class personally? Stealth.

We lack a ranged weapon wielder who can do proper Stealth. Camo falls short with its 1 minute CD.

And Dark Rangers are known to disappear into the shadows in the lore. I think I remember reading this anyway. Correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Just in case anyone hasn’t seen this yet, Blizzard recently changed it so that Wailing Arrow no longer replaces Kill Shot. It’s now added as an independent ability.

4 Likes

You are correct. They use shadowy magic to wrap themselves in darkness sort of like rogues. Stealth would make perfect sense. I also imagine Dark Rangers would have a temporary powerup ala Banshee form like Sylvanas which acts similarly to Demon Hunter’s Metamorphosis and they would use enchanted arrows and banshee wails for silence. I also think that they’d have a healing spec which focus on their banshee side like Banshee unit in Darkshore warfront.

3 Likes

On this note, just wondering but how would you feel about Dark Ranger as a Rogue spec? With all the necessary customization of course.

3 Likes

I’d be content, but only if they could use bows.

3 Likes

For sure. I was meaning we could knock two birds with one stone by adding Dark Rangers and also adding a ranged weapon spec to Rogues.

3 Likes

Slyvannas has used two daggers and a bow for a long time. I remember making my huntress like a dark rangee even if it was suboptimal at the time. It felt cool to have 3 weapons. I feel dark ranger could be a 4th rogue spec. Combat sort of already uses 3 weapons with pistol shot. Maybe we could transmog those spells we use a third animation with? Cataclysm was the last expansion we could transmog and use 3 weapons as a hunter : /

4 Likes

Yes, I used to love dual wielding as a hunter. Almost every ranger and dark ranger NPC uses two melee weapons. Heck, Rexxar, the character from which the whole beast mastery angle was derived, uses dual axes.

It would be cool if we could glyph to replace the pistol with a bow, one that sits on our back when not used along with a quiver.

I’d really like a spec for Rogues that actually equips and uses bows as their main weapon too though.

3 Likes