San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Oh cool! I headcannon Somand as a half elf. That’s why I chose the name Somand. It was the only revealed name of the half elf Ranger unit that was cut from pre release WC3.

5 Likes

Sorry about all the Ogre talk. I really need to try and get that new Ogre megathread up and running so we can continue it all there. Hopefully, I can get it up sooner than later, depending on how my finals go this coming week. x- x

To make up for all the Ogre posts, how about some baby bats to brighten up your day? :bat:

8 Likes

Alrighty so I added a megathread index, since my second post was actually a dead link since they deleted the old forums. I also added a link to that second post, this index I’m quoting right here, to the top of our San’layn thread.

I added a few threads on there, but please let me know if there’s one I’m missing, including the new ogre one when that’s posted. Thanks!

6 Likes

I’ve been considering making one for furbolg on one of my Alliance characters recently, I should start posting on one to get TL3.

I’d dig Mok’nathal too, but I’d settle for a beige orc skin since I never see Mok’nathal happening in another way.

6 Likes

Sounds interesting! I considered making one for Mantid at one point, but I’d have to drill the lore of the mantid in my mind and there really hasn’t been any lore saying they’re breaking from their hivemind anytime soon. I mean, maybe now that the old gods are gone? But it’s hard enough trying to be like:

“Yes, this race, ex-scourge, has the capability of being a strong Horde race”.

Nevermind the: “Yeah these Mantid worked for us once but they STILL betrayed us for their silly old gods.”

And we’ve never seen a splinter beyond that. Kudos to those who do multiples and put a lot of work into them ^^

6 Likes

Mantid would be sick but harsh on the lore imo (and modelling team, but they can work it out somehow I’m sure).

I adored their story in MoP, I still have all their lore memorized pretty much.

They were the first race I really got into, to the point I can remember it from that long ago and from when I was that young.

I am so salty that queen I helped race got turned into a world boss

3 Likes

I want cat people. :confused: Doubt it’ll be as successful as my Dark Ranger thread, though.

Thanks for linking my thread!

5 Likes

Yes. Please. I’ve wanted to make one for them so long. Please.

3 Likes

Rexxar’s BfA model uses a Kul Tiran skeleton, so Mok’nathal seem like perfect AR material to me.

You actually don’t need to post much to reach TL3. The biggest things are that you need to have logged in for 50% of the past 100 days, meaning if you’re going fresh it’s a hard time gate of 50 days, enter 500 threads made within the last 100 days, and read 20 000 posts made within the last 100 days.

Here’s a link to a full explanation of how to get Trust Levels:

5 Likes

And you can regain it if you lose it! But you have to learn it all over again!

…Trust me! /endedsassforme

3 Likes

Since I took a break from the forums and lost it due to being away too long, I had to re-earn it on Somand, so I know the pain.

I also earned it on my other Somand. So that’s twice on Alliance Somand and once on Horde Somand. And I’m close to earning it on my rogue Deemspring.

I have a problem.

3 Likes

You know… the furbolg thing had me thinking.

Remember how I said before that each covenant could bring in, if linked, somehow, an Allied Race that relates to it?

So what if:
Revendreth = San’layn
Ardenwald = Furbolg (Previously I’d said uncorrupted satyrs)
Maldraxxas = Lich
Kyrian = Vry’kul

?

5 Likes

There’s actually a Legion quest where you uncorrupt a Satyr. She turns back into a Night Elf.

5 Likes

Oh…

Well darn, furbolg it is! I just know people love those satyr models in Ardenwald, but I’m not for the races of the dead being playable, personally.

3 Likes

I’m in this boat too actually.

Another nature themed race could be Dryads/Keepers, but they’d have trouble figuring out how to get them on mounts haha.

4 Likes

We could get two legged dryads and keepers for Allied Races if we’re talking about those that relate to Ardenweald.

2 Likes

Eh, best not to repeat this:

1 Like

Agh! What is that!?

Motaro, when they couldn’t figure out how to make his four legs work but wanted him playable.

2 Likes

They do yeah, but they still don’t seem super likely to me.

Any argument I can make for that thinking is pretty weak tbf though.

I was surprised by how little I had to do to get it on Zuro here.

This post count part is the worst imo.

I can work around it again

I’d be a little out there and pair them with quilboar on Horde.

3 Likes