San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I’m sure they now hold Arathi but I don’t think we have too many details beyond that.

This I would love to see. I hope Blizzard considers this idea and add more options to the Blood Elves.

2 Likes

I don’t think quel’thalas is involved with their recent gains but lordaeron is for sure back in alliance hands.

2 Likes

A bit off-topic but I’ve been trying to get that darned rhinestone glasses recipe for a long while because I’m a cheap-skate to no avail D:

2 Likes

No worries about off topic, I tried getting that on my Jewlcrafter too but it’s sooooo rare it’s not even funny, argh. I wish we could transmog these darn things. That’s the next thing I hope Blizzard does… you know, along with adding San’layn. Make these moggable. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My friend has managed to kill the rares 100 times over the years and the patterns haven’t dropped. They are legit probably the rarest things in the game.

2 Likes

I believe San’layn’s lore and more in it might be expanded in Venthyr’s zone.

It would be ridiculous if blizzard didn’t,

Word has it that AR might be included very strongly due to some datamining. Then again chances of that coming might either be slim or be mid-way Shadowlands.

Not really a fan of vampires but I support you,

After all, I love being an inquisitor knight

4 Likes

The AR slots that were datamined were just placeholder as they were removed in the current build for covenants b4 they made a separate UI for them as there we images of covenants with a class ability + the regular covenant ability

2 Likes

Good to know; yeah they said in a QnA there’s no Allied Races planned, but they could be looking into feedback. We likely won’t see anything on that matter until a .2 or even .3 patch at this point.

3 Likes

I really wish, this race will be added in SL.
I hope blizzard hires you for this marvelous design, for this race.

Btw, if this race is alliance, we will get the white moon but if horde, it’s godda be Red! Like de horde colour, man.

3 Likes

I have questions about your friends mental sanity, it’s not like these rares spawn every 5 minutes like rares do now. They literally have a 4 hour respawn time and depending on the reset day they only spawn on certain days. This leads me to believe that your friend is either the most persistent person in existence or they are sitting on the edge of sanity. o.o

2 Likes

The rule of thumb is, all collectors are on the edge of sanity on a regular basis…

looks at my 400+ mounts and 1k+ pets, shuddering

I think we, along with roleplayers (Something else I am), are among the most insane players in WoW if you think about it, hekhekhek.

6 Likes

Amen.
/10c

3 Likes

I don’t want the San’layn to take up residence in Deatholm as it’s a former sight of a world tree of the blood elves named Thas’alah(hoping it could be a blood elf druid grove eventually). I think the San’layn could easily be given a spot in the current wretched area of Silvermoon and have their own Necropolis, as former generals of the scourge, they would have access to at least one of these.

2 Likes

I…I am ashamed to finish this sentence. I should get a better hobby.

1 Like

That is a good point. It’s possible some of the San’layn still have a necropolis in use, and by using that as their home base, Blizzard could just reuse assets and then put the structure anywhere they want. I still think Ghostlands is the best place for them as it’s close to Silvermoon, the area is fitting for them, and they can help protect against any invaders or new scourge threat.

Speaking of, with Sylvanas’ shenanigans, it’s possible that we’re going to see undead invasions everywhere on Azeroth, so it is possible Silvermoon could get swarmed by rabid undead again. If true, the prepatch could be a good time to reintroduce San’layn into the story by having them assist with the new…um…feral crazy scourge army group? Not sure what to call it here.

Anyway, I’m sure the citizens of Silvermoon may be dubious to the San’layn at first if they get hit with a new undead threat, but it does give a way to have the San’layn prove themselves and have them parked in Ghostlands to at least assist with any new undead threat there while we go off to the Shadowlands. Just a thought I had, though we don’t know what is being planned for the prepatch currently.

Guess we’ll see what consequences happen to Sylvanas’ actions in the near future. Something to keep an eye on, for sure. :bat:

1 Like

Off topic but this didn’t age well :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t edit the first post and anyway no longer have trust 3 (haven’t for a long while and am not about to go off and get it again anytime soon). But yeah, man there is some outdated stuff in that first post. Ah well, it highlights a lot of important content and yeah such and such.

Edit: This post did though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I so wish Horde would get the San’Layn. I’m hoping that being joined with Revendreth is all that we’ll have of our hopes of being fanged.

3 Likes

Perhaps if we advertise to the San’layn that the Horde have an amazing dental plan, they’ll be interested in joining. I mean, with all the tusks and such the Horde members have, they must have one heck of a dental insurance plan available.

7 Likes

We have werewolves so why not Horde get vampires?

You have undead, we have void filled beings,

All in all Revendreth seems to indicate a stronger hint for a possibility for San’layn to come about as AR. Not it’s denizens but maybe those affected & transformed through sanguine like Kael thas,

It’s irritable that I personally can comment that I don’t feel we have the right devs to be innovate and expand, let alone a director ; Ion Hazzikostas; that I really don’t like

2 Likes