San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say that i’ve been enjoying reading the discussion going on in here. Now that the allied race i wanted to see most has released (Vulpera), i have been lurking around the other allied race threads.

I’m still rooting for you, San’layn lovers!

Also, just wanted to share some cool Halloween themed HotS art that i found which is related to vampires, since vampires are cool! There is even one of a San’layn Kael’thas!

San’layn Kael’thas
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allstars_gamepedia/a/ab/San%27layn_Kael%27thas_Portrait.png?version=40c42cf25715998dd2635a9be669f9f5

Vampire Uther
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allstars_gamepedia/a/a5/Uther_the_Frightbringer_Portrait.png?version=e12b57dee41c2350f0f43974819cf3a5

Vampire Arthas
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allstars_gamepedia/6/65/Marquis_du_Menethil_Portrait.png?version=e0a6885334bb2a06d5426f5a896c46f6

Vampire Sylvanas
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allstars_gamepedia/d/d6/Drac_Lady_Sylvanas_Portrait.png?version=ca68d091e7884debb067ccbfe48348e9

Vampire Slayer Valeera
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/allstars_gamepedia/2/2a/Vampire_Slayer_V_Portrait.png?version=c7abbb1b29d08c91596c00cd320c4432

She looks more like a Vampire to me, but it says she is a Vampire Slayer. Maybe she is a Vampire, Vampire Slayer? :woman_shrugging:

Sorry my links don’t work, apparently i’m considered a naughty girl for leaving the forums for more than a month, and now i’m no longer TL3. :frowning:

Edit: Where did my face go? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

What is loosely connected to the San’layn is Kael’thas and he might be key to any sort of vampires. If they do something awful like make the creator of the Blood Elves join the Alliance that might be the final straw for me.

4 Likes

It was too beautiful to be seen by us mere mortals. It had to be nerfed.

3 Likes

Must be. Guess the world cant handle my gorgeous rotting beauty. What a shame.

Thanks for posting my links, Rorrand!

3 Likes

Is it appropriate to talk about the Venthyr here? They have even more customization options than the fauns and could always be given more traditionally attractive faces.

I’d love to talk about them, but we should probably make a separate thread for that. There’s been an inordinate amount of venthyr hte on this thread lately, so we should probably respect the wishes of san’layn fans on a san’layn thread.

2 Likes

Are you implying that my wolf form are “monstrous” instead of “beautiful”?

Btw how come this thread has 5000 posts but I never noticed it before? I support San’layn as allied race as long as they drain more of their allies and kill the horde from within (like how they killed every forsaken on a ship to empower themselves).

I so hope we can get some of the gear those NPC’s are wearing. I like it better than the actual Revendreth Covenant gear they already showed off. xD

2 Likes

What if… the Venthyr become the Allied Race… but they include one or two Sanlayn options?

1 Like

Agreed. Those robes look great!

(Also, sorry if this is a stupid question, but have you tried logging into Hella in-game to see if that fixes your issue?)

I don’t see much difference between the two besides a pretty face which, again, can always be added.

I’m inclined to agree, though I understand that’s not a popular opinion. What I think I like most about the venthyr is that it looks like they’re being set up to be the proto-nathrezim, who were the original vampires in WC3.

And as a huge WC3 fanboy this pleases me greatly.

2 Likes

Id say there is quite a big difference between the two. They’re completely different races.

Personally, i want both. I enjoy all kinds of Vampires. But i can definitely see why some people might prefer one over the other.

1 Like

I mean, you can say completely different races but a vampire elf gonna vampire elf. They also look a lot like the blood princes. I said it here before but I didn’t want a low effort Lightforged Draenei/ Highmountain Tauren vampire, I want high effort Kultiren/Zandalari vampire.

1 Like

Maybe these ugly, lemonfaced, Nosferatu looking motherhumpers are the source of the San’layn bloodcurse?

I’m also going to disagree with the people saying that the venthyr have a lot of customization and instead say, that the venthyr give you an illusion of customization because of all the different outfits they have. Their faces are 100 percent the same so no face options. The only hairstyles they have are adapted from already existing hairstyles for elves.

Their skincolor is exactly the same. No options on that. I don’t think they went in with the intention of making venthyr or really any of the covenants allied races. These guys also don’t have the armor geosets like vulpera.

5 Likes

And I say that from my link they have a wide variety of skin colors and at least the males have a few unique hair options. And again, they can add pretty faces onto more interesting bodies.

I still prefer San’layn or undead elves. Non death knight.

3 Likes

I would prefer San’layn modified blood elf models over the Venthyr 100%. I’m hopeful Blizzard just comes out and says the Covenant races can’t leave Shadowlands. So our speculation goes back to the races we’ve already seen from Azeroth. I’m not opposed to modded versions of the races we have being turned into an AR with features of the Covenants. In fact I’d much rather that, than any of the Covenants races becoming playable.

At this point there’s already a psuedo connection for 2 of the races: Vykrul & Bastion, San’layn & Venthyr.

5 Likes

Well yeah. We’re allowed to have opinions on it :confused: I already explained my case many times over about it. Not everyone is head over heels for Nosferatu. I’m sorry we don’t share the opinion there but yeah. I don’t think making it out like we’re the bad guys here is cool.

San’layn lore is something I don’t want left behind. Even if they made Venthyr look great in my eyes, I’d be saying this. If the lore is connected? Great. But it’s more than just “these vain people want vampire elves”.

Venthyr could look like the most beautiful race in game and I’d stick to my guns. Sure I’d actually play them if they didn’t look ugly as hell or were actually cool to me like the gargoyles, but I’d still want playable vampyr Thalassians.

It’s about the lore. Feels like we’re going to be left behind for all the new stuff which again is great for those that never cared about vampyr elves in the first place… So the vast majority. And I’ll be happy for you.

But I’ll also just feel sad no doubt to be forgotten again.

5 Likes

I would not be asking someone to respect the intent of your thread if I believed you were “the bad guys.”

1 Like